Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-13-2011, 11:22 AM   #177
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
These sliders are brilliant! I really was having fun playing a quick Mavs vs. Heat scrim, I was the Mavs and it was a really well played game for the first 3 quarters, then the Heat went on a run and I couldn't do anything.. When I say I couldn't do anything, I mean it. Dirk couldn't hit the turnaround fade from the post that he always hits, Kidd was turning the ball over like crazy.. It just wasn't fun. I'm not taking anything away from your sliders, but when a team goes on a run on them, the game is over. I'll do some more testing..
The NBA is a game of runs and sometimes a team just can't do anything. It's the reality of the game. These sliders are designed to make every game like game 7.

My advice: CALL A TIMEOUT!!! Momentum is key and this game does a great job of providing the realism...timeouts are critical. Use all of them because you can't carry them over.

I'm not trying to defend the sliders because they are mine, but the truth is they represent hundreds and hundreds of test games by myself and others. The problem you noted is a REALITY of NBA basketball... It's not the sliders. And afterall, didn't you watch Dirk go 1-12 last night (I believe) in the 1st half?? It does happen...
Old 06-13-2011, 02:40 PM   #178
We're Going Farming

Equinox831's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
The NBA is a game of runs and sometimes a team just can't do anything. It's the reality of the game. These sliders are designed to make every game like game 7.

My advice: CALL A TIMEOUT!!! Momentum is key and this game does a great job of providing the realism...timeouts are critical. Use all of them because you can't carry them over.

I'm not trying to defend the sliders because they are mine, but the truth is they represent hundreds and hundreds of test games by myself and others. The problem you noted is a REALITY of NBA basketball... It's not the sliders. And afterall, didn't you watch Dirk go 1-12 last night (I believe) in the 1st half?? It does happen...
I wasn't taking anything away from your sliders, I said that in my post. I was just kinda frustrated at the time
Old 06-13-2011, 03:15 PM   #179
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

For reference, I just played a game as the 93 Sixers (me) at the 93 Nets (cpu). I lost 118 - 94. Drazen Petrovic lit me up for 26 and the Nets had 6 players in double figures.

I just played the 1st quarter (before saving) another random matchup of the 86 Suns (cpu) at the 86 Rockets (me). I'm up 36-16 after the first quarter, and Akeem Olajuwon has 16 points himself. I'll finish it later...

That's what I like about these sliders...neat variety.
Old 06-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #180
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
For reference, I just played a game as the 93 Sixers (me) at the 93 Nets (cpu). I lost 118 - 94. Drazen Petrovic lit me up for 26 and the Nets had 6 players in double figures.

I just played the 1st quarter (before saving) another random matchup of the 86 Suns (cpu) at the 86 Rockets (me). I'm up 36-16 after the first quarter, and Akeem Olajuwon has 16 points himself. I'll finish it later...

That's what I like about these sliders...neat variety.
No one can contain Petro I still need to fire up a 92-93 season with that Nets team.
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Old 06-13-2011, 10:11 PM   #181
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
No one can contain Petro I still need to fire up a 92-93 season with that Nets team.
He had 26 pts, 7 rebs and 6 assts. had a nice floating runner across the lane that I rewound which was a thing of beauty. i think i made him too good. LOL!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2011, 02:52 PM   #182
Rookie

maremmautd's Arena

OVR: 4

Dear mkharsh33 I'll try your silders!

I'm looking for sim game, I used arm sliders and the purist but I found some wrong aspects:
  1. too many tournovers
  2. few FT
I can't wait for try yours
Old 06-16-2011, 05:39 AM   #183
Rookie

OVR: 0

I Have to say I was very hesitant at first using your set of sliders. I've been using the The Purist(s) NBA 2K11 Sliders (Post-Patch) sliders for many months now and found them to be a great addition to the game. Last night I decided to take the plunge and try yours out, and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised, and thank-you for this slider set!

- At first I was the Knicks vs Lakers and beat the Lakers by 15 points. However, what most surprised me was Kobe's attempt at coming back late in the 4th Q (which I hadn't seen up until using your slider set). There was a kind of added realism or intensity with your sliders, and he was making fade away jumpers, bank shots, 3 pointers, you name it.

- I tried again with the Knicks vs Bulls and upon thrashing them by 10 points in the 1st Q, they suddenly came back in the 3rd and within the 4th Q D.Rose was slamming in2 the paint like crazy bringing it within 2 points in the last 45 seconds. Needless to say I tripped up the ball and it was all to play with me being 3 points down and 4 seconds to go! Couldn't complete the last play. Doh! There will be another play through tonight for more testing, but as of right now it has certainly added more to the game, and I will be playing many more from this slider set as it seems to add a bit more intensity to certain games.

Last edited by meloco; 06-16-2011 at 05:45 AM. Reason: spaces
Old 06-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #184
Pro

OVR: 6

I'm going to try these. 2 or 3 days ago I read someone say, how using these sliders he seen AI Kobe react in a 4th quarter situation like he would in real life. So I copied your tendencies to see did players play like them selves, and they actually did.

Now I wanna try your full set, because if you tendencies right I want to see how the rest of your sliders play out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
This video game is a SIMULATION of BASKETBALL. Sure its not 100% perfect, but its pretty damn good. You will not get a SIMULATION STYLE BASKETBALL GAME by PLAYING SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT SIMULATION MEANS.

#HelloBrooklyn

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »