Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-24-2011, 03:18 PM   #233
Rookie

arizona_icedT's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Has anyone tried these with My Player mode?
Old 07-24-2011, 08:14 PM   #234
Pro

OVR: 6

Mkharsh Ive been experimenting the last few games with on ball defense at 25 and ball handling at 75. This eliminates the brick wall animation where the ball handler picks up his dribble when the defender bumps him. This never happens in the NBA. It started getting annoying when I had a miss match, one of the opposing teams bigs was guarding my PG. I should be able to shake him and finish, or step back for a jumper, but I would get the bumping animation completely stopping my momentum and dribble.

With these overalls, bigs with good ball handling skills are now respected. Gasol, Duncan, Smith, Nene etc. Before when a big had the ball, it would get knocked out their hands if they dribbled or the bumping animation would occur, with these overalls that's completely eliminated. I just got done playing the Lakers in my association, Gasol actually played like Gasol because he wasn't loosing the ball every time he dribbled, or being forced to be strictly a back to the basket center, which the games forces you to be cause of this animation.

Try it and come with some feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
This video game is a SIMULATION of BASKETBALL. Sure its not 100% perfect, but its pretty damn good. You will not get a SIMULATION STYLE BASKETBALL GAME by PLAYING SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT SIMULATION MEANS.

#HelloBrooklyn

Last edited by AllStarDaDon; 07-24-2011 at 08:20 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:17 PM   #235
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizona_icedT
Has anyone tried these with My Player mode?
You can't use sliders in MyPlayer, unfortunately.
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 10:18 PM   #236
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllStarDaDon
Mkharsh Ive been experimenting the last few games with on ball defense at 25 and ball handling at 75. This eliminates the brick wall animation where the ball handler picks up his dribble when the defender bumps him. This never happens in the NBA. It started getting annoying when I had a miss match, one of the opposing teams bigs was guarding my PG. I should be able to shake him and finish, or step back for a jumper, but I would get the bumping animation completely stopping my momentum and dribble.

With these overalls, bigs with good ball handling skills are now respected. Gasol, Duncan, Smith, Nene etc. Before when a big had the ball, it would get knocked out their hands if they dribbled or the bumping animation would occur, with these overalls that's completely eliminated. I just got done playing the Lakers in my association, Gasol actually played like Gasol because he wasn't loosing the ball every time he dribbled, or being forced to be strictly a back to the basket center, which the games forces you to be cause of this animation.

Try it and come with some feedback.
Are you talking user? Those scare me because I've had some games in the classic rosters where I can't stop the opposition. I can't imagine this helping my cause.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:08 AM   #237
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Are you talking user? Those scare me because I've had some games in the classic rosters where I can't stop the opposition. I can't imagine this helping my cause.
I'm talking for both CPU and User.

If you're worried about defense being harder and staying in front of your man being hard because of the dropped on ball d, have no worries at all.

Defense is still good, there's just none of that ridiculous, unrealistic brick wall/picking up the ball animation. In that Lakers game I was talking about earlier, where Gasol actually used all the moves in his arsenal thanks to these changes, I was able to shut Kobe down. I held Kobe to 8-24 FG's. He had a terrible first half and only scored on the break, and like twice on 2 open jumpers in the 2nd

You should definitely try it bro, I wouldn't be suggesting it if I didn't feel like it would benefit/improve your quality sliders

Quote:
This video game is a SIMULATION of BASKETBALL. Sure its not 100% perfect, but its pretty damn good. You will not get a SIMULATION STYLE BASKETBALL GAME by PLAYING SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT SIMULATION MEANS.

#HelloBrooklyn

Last edited by AllStarDaDon; 07-25-2011 at 12:10 AM.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:45 AM   #238
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I cannot lower the cpu on ball defense lower than 70. That is my magic number. Anything lower, and it's a layup fest for me because at 65 I can blow by ANYONE - I'm now too good on the left stick / left trigger dribbling moves.

I understand the bumping animations... But this is a video game - it's an exploit that can be abused. I play ONLY with the Classic files - you might think it's weird to say this, but the reason why I LIKE the bumping animations is because that's how the game was actually PLAYED 20+ years ago. The NBA allowed that... So those animations actually play into the realism of the game (remember: I do NOT use current rosters - not a fan of today's NBA).

If you watch old Celtics vs. Lakers games, watch how much Dennis Johnson and Magic Johnson would bump into each other. It wasn't until the 90's that they changed that rule. So you may feel free to change those sliders... For me, I just can't. Thanks!
Old 07-25-2011, 12:57 AM   #239
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
I cannot lower the cpu on ball defense lower than 70. That is my magic number. Anything lower, and it's a layup fest for me because at 65 I can blow by ANYONE - I'm now too good on the left stick / left trigger dribbling moves.

I understand the bumping animations... But this is a video game - it's an exploit that can be abused. I play ONLY with the Classic files - you might think it's weird to say this, but the reason why I LIKE the bumping animations is because that's how the game was actually PLAYED 20+ years ago. The NBA allowed that... So those animations actually play into the realism of the game (remember: I do NOT use current rosters - not a fan of today's NBA).

If you watch old Celtics vs. Lakers games, watch how much Dennis Johnson and Magic Johnson would bump into each other. It wasn't until the 90's that they changed that rule. So you may feel free to change those sliders... For me, I just can't. Thanks!
Oh man, DJ (always liked that guy since we shared initials) was always super-physical against Magic. Those battles were intense. DJ definitely got into Magic's head in the 1984 series, but Magic would get his revenge later. I'm pretty sure Magic has stated that DJ was the toughest guy he played against.
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Old 07-25-2011, 01:05 AM   #240
Pro

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the insight, I completely understand what you're saying now. Back in the day the NBA was had more contact and was more rough, till Stern deiced to water down defense in search of his next MJ.

I guess our on ball d attributes compliments our style of play. You being the old school physical guy enjoying the contact and me being the younger finese guy trying to avoid it haha.

But quick question? Why don't you enjoy today's NBA?

Quote:

#HelloBrooklyn

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »