Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2011, 02:39 AM   #241
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllStarDaDon
But quick question? Why don't you enjoy today's NBA?
I'm 39...grew up watching the NBA in the 1980's. I remember very vividly when Boston won in 84 (I was 12) and then the agony of seeing LA win in 85 (in Boston to boot). Then in 86 the Celtics just destroyed the league. I was actually mad when Sampson hit that crazy turnaround shot in LA to beat the Lakers in the WCF... but I digress.

My reason is this: there are no real distinctions between player types. There's no real low-post play anymore. The game is more athletic, but it seems to have lost the great passing it once had. Plus, it's become, strangely enough, more of a slower paced game.

With the watering down of the college game has come the watering down of the NBA. I grew up on Big East basketball that was by far the greatest basketball in college. Ewing with G'Town...Mullin with St. Johns...Pinckney with Villanova...Douglas/Seikaly of Syracuse...Jerome Lane of Pitt...Dana Barros of BC. And that doesn't include the ACC...

I also attended a game with my son and a few of our friends from church in Orlando to see the Magic and Bobcats. It was the first NBA game I had attended since going to Cleveland (Richfield Coliseum) since 1992. My dad and I would go see the Celtics play the Cavs form 1986-1992. I was stunned at how the game had changed in seeing it live, and that it was more about all the fan-related things than the game itself.

Maybe I'm just getting older, but I find the game to be boring today, even from the college end of things. It's watered down and nobody knows how to play in the low-post anymore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 03:47 PM   #242
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I'm 39...grew up watching the NBA in the 1980's. I remember very vividly when Boston won in 84 (I was 12) and then the agony of seeing LA win in 85 (in Boston to boot). Then in 86 the Celtics just destroyed the league. I was actually mad when Sampson hit that crazy turnaround shot in LA to beat the Lakers in the WCF... but I digress.

My reason is this: there are no real distinctions between player types. There's no real low-post play anymore. The game is more athletic, but it seems to have lost the great passing it once had. Plus, it's become, strangely enough, more of a slower paced game.

With the watering down of the college game has come the watering down of the NBA. I grew up on Big East basketball that was by far the greatest basketball in college. Ewing with G'Town...Mullin with St. Johns...Pinckney with Villanova...Douglas/Seikaly of Syracuse...Jerome Lane of Pitt...Dana Barros of BC. And that doesn't include the ACC...

I also attended a game with my son and a few of our friends from church in Orlando to see the Magic and Bobcats. It was the first NBA game I had attended since going to Cleveland (Richfield Coliseum) since 1992. My dad and I would go see the Celtics play the Cavs form 1986-1992. I was stunned at how the game had changed in seeing it live, and that it was more about all the fan-related things than the game itself.

Maybe I'm just getting older, but I find the game to be boring today, even from the college end of things. It's watered down and nobody knows how to play in the low-post anymore.
Wow I definitely see, you feel as it's lost it's competitive edge. Who's ya current favorite player if you have one and how often do you still watch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
This video game is a SIMULATION of BASKETBALL. Sure its not 100% perfect, but its pretty damn good. You will not get a SIMULATION STYLE BASKETBALL GAME by PLAYING SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT SIMULATION MEANS.

#HelloBrooklyn
Old 07-29-2011, 02:27 AM   #243
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

UPDATE: FRIDAY, JULY 29th (2:20 a.m.)

I know I stated previously that the last update would be the "final" one, but after experimenting with a couple things I think I've made gameplay even BETTER!

TWO UPDATES:

- (attributes) raised cpu OFFENSIVE AWARENESS from 50 TO 65
- (tendencies) raised user CONTEST SHOTS from 85 TO 95

The cpu offense now plays MUCH smarter, and you'll find they will go to their top / star players even more. If you are happy where they are, please disregard these two changes. But, I was finding the cpu to lack that threat that makes the game have that "fear factor" that we all want. The offense of the cpu will run their plays THROUGH their best players (and those players will also take more shots in the flow of the cpu offense).

Raising the user contest shots is necessary because the cpu will shoot too high a percentage if you don't make this compensation. If you find the cpu to be too dominant, just lower the cpu offensive awareness to 60. But I think you'll enjoy this latest change. Make sure you bring it from the start or it could get ugly.

I just played my latest game (1991-1992 season) - random matchup of Lakers (me) at T'Wolves (cpu). I lost 115-108 in OT. Tony Campbell torched me for 37 pts. But it felt so realistic...I didn't mind losing. Enjoy!
Old 07-29-2011, 03:06 PM   #244
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

I lowered user contest shots down to 90. (95 was a bit too strong, IMO). 90 felt pretty good.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:01 AM   #245
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Well, after a few more games I've went back to the original user contest shots of 85 (for my personal use). You can go with 90 or 95 (I'll leave 90 on the front page) but I'm gonna stick with 85.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2011, 04:13 PM   #246
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

My apologies guys... If you are using these sliders I'm going to give this one more shot on the user contest shots...

I've now put it at 88. 85 is just too low. In 3 test games the cpu shot 48%, 51% and 52%. When I put it at 90 then the percentages drop horribly.

I hate odd, screwy numbers for sliders but I've settled on 88 (I wish there was an 87.5 - LOL!).

I've updated this on page 1.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:36 AM   #247
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Updates - Tues, Aug. 2 - 3:10 a.m.

All updates are in RED.

I'm finding that I'm improving to the point where I need to update the challenge. In my 5 test games the stats were spot on! Enjoy!

Last edited by mkharsh33; 08-02-2011 at 03:10 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #248
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks for making these, great work, i'll check them out probably tomorrow.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »