Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2011, 12:33 AM   #257
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Thanks! Sorry, but one more small change. Bump user 3pt shooting from 51 to 52. this now makes all the shooting sliders universal, but these are really fun. i couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at 51. first page - post 1 totally accurate.
First thank for all the work with the roster. Only set I use lately.

I was actually going to bump the 3pt shooting on my own. Great minds think alike.
PS4: Nothing currently
Old 08-09-2011, 02:45 AM   #258
Pro

OVR: 6

I'm definitely gonna try the new updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
This video game is a SIMULATION of BASKETBALL. Sure its not 100% perfect, but its pretty damn good. You will not get a SIMULATION STYLE BASKETBALL GAME by PLAYING SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT SIMULATION MEANS.

#HelloBrooklyn
Old 08-09-2011, 03:37 AM   #259
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I jacked up the user contest shots slider to 100. I have found that, with the new cpu shooting sliders raised, it's near impossible to hold the cpu under 52% shooting. I just got blown out by 60 pts. in a 1992 matchup (suns - cpu @ hornets - me). I did get frustrated and started chucking up bad shots...

so I replayed the game, focused in and still trailed at half-time by 14 (after leading by 12 early). i quit at halftime, but the cpu was shooting 58% against me. again, just no fun.

It seems like my user defense is out of position a LOT... I'm wondering if I need to lower the user help defense - that maybe they are out of position because they're trying to help too much, but i'd rather wait on that as it's been where it's at since the inception of these sliders. page 1 - post 1 has latest update.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:42 AM   #260
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
I jacked up the user contest shots slider to 100. I have found that, with the new cpu shooting sliders raised, it's near impossible to hold the cpu under 52% shooting. I just got blown out by 60 pts. in a 1992 matchup (suns - cpu @ hornets - me). I did get frustrated and started chucking up bad shots...

so I replayed the game, focused in and still trailed at half-time by 14 (after leading by 12 early). i quit at halftime, but the cpu was shooting 58% against me. again, just no fun.

It seems like my user defense is out of position a LOT... I'm wondering if I need to lower the user help defense - that maybe they are out of position because they're trying to help too much, but i'd rather wait on that as it's been where it's at since the inception of these sliders. page 1 - post 1 has latest update.

You were trailing by 60 points, and you actually finished the game?! You either have some masochistic tendencies or zen-like patience. I would have been like, "okay, no more" and turned off the game long before it ended.

I've been following your updates and testing all the slider changes, but it's hard to decide whether a certain event is just 2K basketball being 2K basketball, or a consequence of your sliders. For instance, when the CPU goes on an unstoppable, god-like run and my team begins to resemble a bunch of YMCA ballers, I can't tell if it's because of the momentum mechanics or because of your sliders.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:57 AM   #261
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

Jesus 60? Do what I did go into ehibition put it on HOF sim and on ball d every one, dont worry about offense. You're defense will be solid. But quit out the game before it eds so your V.I.P. wont be affected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CX1329
You were trailing by 60 points, and you actually finished the game?! You either have some masochistic tendencies or zen-like patience. I would have been like, "okay, no more" and turned off the game long before it ended.

I've been following your updates and testing all the slider changes, but it's hard to decide whether a certain event is just 2K basketball being 2K basketball, or a consequence of your sliders. For instance, when the CPU goes on an unstoppable, god-like run and my team begins to resemble a bunch of YMCA ballers, I can't tell if it's because of the momentum mechanics or because of your sliders.
LMFAOOOO.

But I just played a game with the updates and KG's roster it played great. I got worried in the 2nd Q when I seen I was shooting 56% and they was shooting 52%. But at the end of the game it all balanced out (me) Bulls vs Hornets, I shot 46% they shot 48%. I lost by 1, cause I missed a game winner with Derrick Rose.

They had runs I had runs, we exchanged 5-8 points lead, it was good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
This video game is a SIMULATION of BASKETBALL. Sure its not 100% perfect, but its pretty damn good. You will not get a SIMULATION STYLE BASKETBALL GAME by PLAYING SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT SIMULATION MEANS.

#HelloBrooklyn

Last edited by AllStarDaDon; 08-09-2011 at 08:02 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 09:51 AM   #262
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Trust me, I was trying to stay calm. I told myself that sometimes this happens and I need to just finish out. They showed no mercy, and combined with my "one pass and shot" frustration offense, it got ugly.

Kendall Gill was 0 FOR 13 in the first half... But Larry Johnson finished with 30.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:03 PM   #263
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

I really feel like the major changes I made a week or so ago have really made this game (for me) no fun. In an attempt to make the cpu more of a thread I drastically changed all of their shooting sliders and also raised the cpu offensive awareness.

So, yet another slider update...

- user on-ball defense raised from 70 to 80. stay tuned... updates on page 1 - post 1.

Last edited by mkharsh33; 08-09-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:43 PM   #264
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Lots more testing...found a pretty big discovery. The cpu shooting percentages are tied to USER ON BALL DEFENSE. With this slider set, that one slider made all the difference in the world. Even a tweak of 5 points (from 80 down to 75) made the game near unplayable.

So after a few test games, I believe this will get us pretty close... The one slider I'm not sure about yet is the USER CONTEST SHOTS. But that won't be a big issue.

Also, I took the controller setting and lowered the defensive assist to "0"

sliders that changed (page 1 - post 1) were lowering user shot blocking, lowering user contest shots, and putting the controller defensive assist at 0.

Very sorry for this tinkering, but when the cpu shooting sliders were lower the game became boring. After this change (of putting both user and cpu shooting sliders at the same values) it really made tweaking sliders hard because the whole dynamic of the game changed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »