Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #281
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Fast breaks are simply broken in this game. There's no fix for it that I'm aware of, and I've reviewed every slider thread here... Appreciate your kind words. I'm getting great games from these...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #282
Banned

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadedMrSoy
I'm not sure if it's just me, but I'm noticing the CPU hitting what seems like every wide open shot and stepback jumper they take even when I play good D and I will miss the majority of mine.
Have any of you guys been experiencing this?
me tooooooooooo
Old 08-20-2011, 10:04 PM   #283
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

change up your defenses. you've got to confuse the cpu (as best as humanly possible). get them taking off balance shots. but let's be real...these guys are NBA players and most of them actually do hit WIDE OPEN shots on a regular basis...

Also, please note that I hate the current NBA...I never played one game using a roster file beyond the 2000 season. I guess my take is that guys used to hit those shots with more regularity back then. so what you guys have posted doesn't bother me because I WANT them to...
Old 08-21-2011, 01:08 AM   #284
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

I'm going to provide another option to these sliders... I really like how these play. Everything on page 1 - post 1 with these updates/changes:

Difficulty: SUPERSTAR
Quarter Length: 11 minutes (12 if scores are too low - but 11 is perfect for me)

ATTRIBUTES (User / CPU):

Defensive Awareness: 75 / 75
Defensive Rebounding: 1 / 1

Old 08-22-2011, 07:11 AM   #285
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohns23
Great sliders! I've only made minor adjustments but my scores and season is going great. I play Hall of Fame and I like for the game to be difficult.

The only thing that I can't stop the CPU from doing is fast breaking! Especially off of a missed free throw. It seems like its very difficult to stop (pick up) the ball handler. The CPU just blows by my player and also the CPU players always cut to the basket on fast breaks and get layups. It doesn't happen all the time but I just can't get a grip on stopping it.

Are there any sliders for this? I thinking it's the player individual defensive awareness but I could be wrong.

Anyone else have this issue? It also doesn't help that you can't take a charge on this game. Its very surprising that they haven't patched that.
Unreal fast breaks are a consequence of playing HOF. There are other players reporting this "problem" while playing HOF. Just have a look in Redlogic thread. Another "problem" of HOF is the CPU often shooting the ball in the first half of the 24 seconds, resulting in an unreal number of FGA. It's a simple way the CPU uses to make the game more difficult.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2011, 09:00 AM   #286
Rookie

OVR: 2

+1 Cesco

Hof makes the game so unrealistic with all the fast breaks and early shooting.

@ rjohns23 : Try Superstar with mkharsh sliders and you wont be disappointed. The cpu will be quite competitive and hard to beat, while the game will still provide realistic stats and feeling. Just remember to use 11min/q.

I really hope nba 2k12 will give us the so desired nba realistic gameplay with the default realistic sliders.

Last edited by illusiondrmr; 08-22-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:44 AM   #287
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

On superstar level, I made one more update... I lowered cpu offensive awareness down to 50. at 65 they are simply unstoppable, and they can't miss even with a hand in their face. so this is for superstar level only...
Old 08-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #288
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusiondrmr
+1 Cesco

Hof makes the game so unrealistic with all the fast breaks and early shooting.

@ rjohns23 : Try Superstar with mkharsh sliders and you wont be disappointed. The cpu will be quite competitive and hard to beat, while the game will still provide realistic stats and feeling. Just remember to use 11min/q.

I really hope nba 2k12 will give us the so desired nba realistic gameplay with the default realistic sliders.
Ok I'll try superstar, if it helps out on the cheesy fastbreaks. But I've been playing HOF ever since the 2k series been out! I like to feel that I beat the CPU at the highest level.

The crazy thing is I've played 15 games in my season and I only won 4! So maybe I need to play superstar!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »