Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 08-22-2011, 02:02 PM   #289
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohns23
Ok I'll try superstar, if it helps out on the cheesy fastbreaks. But I've been playing HOF ever since the 2k series been out! I like to feel that I beat the CPU at the highest level.

The crazy thing is I've played 15 games in my season and I only won 4! So maybe I need to play superstar!

Unfortunately, since AI technology isn't that advanced yet, the difficulty level doesn't dictate only the difficulty of the game, it also controls the CPU cheese level.

On another note, I find that even on the All-Star difficulty, these sliders are really unforgiving. It's impossible to win if you don't make good use of every possession and play solid defense throughout the entire game. I was on the verge of throwing my controller at the wall at one point, because I kept losing every game I played. However, I eventually learned that the game really punishes you if you start getting lazy. You really need to play a varied game of basketball on both ends of the court, and you have to contest every-single-shot.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:02 AM   #290
Rookie

OVR: 0

Fantastic sliders. Undoubtedly the best I've used in my near year-long experience with this game. Everything that happened on the court looked and felt "right". John Wall ended up with 5 turnovers in an overtime game, but I can't recall a turnover that made me say "Seriously?". Any mistakes I made in the game were simply because I made poor decisions, not because I was cheated out by the game's suction animations and unforgiving passing system.

I was honestly starting to grow a little dried out with this game, and especially so with the upcoming release of Madden, but you've really revived it for me. The only disappointment I have is that I can't take them into My Player mode, but that's not your fault.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:02 AM   #291
Pro

DurtySoufReppin's Arena

OVR: 4

going to try these out later.. but I'm going to try it out with shot stick timing.

I think 50 might be a little too high for mid range but I'll see.
Grizzlies
Titans
Vols
U.S. Army

Last edited by DurtySoufReppin; 08-24-2011 at 02:07 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2011, 03:54 AM   #292
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

yeah, using shot stick you'll need to tone things down for the USER slightly. actually, i'd drop each user shooting slider by 1 click for mid-range and 3 pt and possibly 2 clicks for close, inside and layups.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:09 AM   #293
Pro

DurtySoufReppin's Arena

OVR: 4

Nice nice.. I was actually going to do exactly that, I prefer the lay-up ratings to be around 51-53 though, too many open lay-ups are missed in this game IMO.

Even with the multiple rosters I've made I'm just starting to get into offline gaming with 2k11.

CPU just didn't give me the same thrill as a user, but playing CPU gives me a much more sim experience than online so I am trying to experiment with some sliders.

Could you explain to me exactly what the "hand" sliders effect? I thought it was the ability to catch the ball. Also, the commit fouls and contest jumpers sliders. Does the commit fouls really help the contact when driving to the rim? Does the "contest jumpers" slider make the defense jump for pump fakes more, and/or contest shots smarter than normal?

I'm curious to try out your sliders though.

Especially with the defensive rebounding at 0. That's very new to me.
Grizzlies
Titans
Vols
U.S. Army

Last edited by DurtySoufReppin; 08-24-2011 at 04:19 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:02 AM   #294
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

the way I understand the "hand" slider is basically just how active their hands are, mostly on defense. Ball denial on the wing and in the low post. On ball defense and how actively they use their hands when guarding... But I don't know - not sure if it affects catching the ball or not. What I do is see what other slider creators do with some things, and the general consensus is that this slider was pretty high in most all of them...
Old 08-25-2011, 05:34 PM   #295
Pro

OVR: 6

I tried these with the superstar option and a roster set from 03-04, WOW I had a good game.

Only tweaks I made was put layups on 52, I feel layups don't go in as much as they should in this game. And I also put vertical on 0, every player dunks with their head at the rim on default and that just doesn't happen in the NBA. Also I put quickness on 0, so their speed is realistic on breaks and on defensive rotations.

All the stats were spot on, except that the 04 Pistons shot 57% and the 04 Magic(me) shot 50%. The FG attempts are at a realistic number, I think there high FG% was from their 38 or 48(can't remember exactly) points in the paint. But the high PIP is probably from my weak inside defense. I ended up loosing 89-99, didn't feel cheated at all.

I loved how these sliders forces you to play a chess match. Good play calling and defense are the keys to success.

I'll play another one and see is the FG% is lower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
This video game is a SIMULATION of BASKETBALL. Sure its not 100% perfect, but its pretty damn good. You will not get a SIMULATION STYLE BASKETBALL GAME by PLAYING SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT KNOW WHAT SIMULATION MEANS.

#HelloBrooklyn

Last edited by AllStarDaDon; 08-25-2011 at 05:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 05:06 PM   #296
Banned

THEone86's Arena

OVR: 2

Played a few games with these.
VERY Realistic, lots of fouls called. Good Sliders.

My only problem is my own though, Maybe its because i'm getting used to it, but I am having a very tough time scoring, I have Chris Paul, Boozer, C-Lee Because I like drafting scorers.

Harsh, Why do you prefer Real FG % over SST? Obviously i miss a lot more, but that can be fixed because i like to think i am at least a somewhat good player.
I plan on keeping it on this , but I just want to know why you favor it, like what are the benefits, I looked on the thread but everyone has a different opinion and you are the one that made the sliders. Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »