Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-02-2011, 03:26 AM   #465
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

some updates (Wed./11-2/2:25 am). now that i've found the "sweet spot" with the shot blocking slider (user 47 / cpu 57) I updated all cpu shooting sliders to be equal to the user (the shot blocking slider is what influences shooting %'s the most). I also lowered the user quickness, vertical and strength sliders down to 55 (all were at 65). all changes are up-to-date on page 1 - post 1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #466
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

lowered cpu quickness, vertical and strength to 25 (down from 30). Was finding it near impossible to stop them and shooting percentages were sky high. if it continues i might raise those 3 for the user by 5 clicks, but i'll wait and see.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:58 AM   #467
Rookie

OVR: 2

how are these sliders when it comes to rebounding? offensive boards are a joke
Old 11-03-2011, 02:51 AM   #468
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

latest updates (superstar level):

- my controller: defensive assist strength (100 - raised from 25)
- made steal success for both user and cpu 55
- lowered cpu Quickness, Vertical and Strength down to 15 (from 25)

I realize that this might be frustrating, but the SuperStar level provides a more intelligent brand of basketball... the problem is that you have to find a balance to get past some of the cpu cheats.

I've discovered that steal success also has an impact on shooting percentages because many blocks are noted as "steals". I've also seen a cheat factor for the cpu making "quick" plays that the user cannot make. so i'm lowering those 3 sliders down to 15 (under attributes) to even the "fairness" factor.

I don't want to lower the cpu shooting sliders because their percentages were dreadful. HOWEVER, raising them has caused them to shoot from (for example) 38% to now 58%. I don't want to raise user blocking because then you see PG's with 3 or 4 blocks per game. so it's a matter of finding certain things that play right from a statistical perspective, and getting the animations to look real, and also making sure the frustration factor is minimal.

regarding the question above about rebounds... these latest settings have provided GREAT statistics, with many offensive rebounds (I've seen as many as 13).
Old 11-03-2011, 11:20 PM   #469
Banned

OVR: 8

MK I loved your original sliders that are up on 2k share. Today I tried your recent update and got pounded all day and it seemed like the cpu had so much of an advantage it was unrealistic. I dont know if your original set became too easy for you or what but this new set should be labeled for a challenge only in my opinion. I think the block reduction for user plays the biggest factor in why im saying its unrealistic. Im watching little guys consistently shoot over big men. Would you agree that your original sliders are more for realism and this new set is mainly for a challenge? I am playing both sets on all star.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:56 PM   #470
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

I'm having a hard time nailing these super star sliders. I found with my previous set that they simply became too easy.

If you are finding the super star ones too hard, lower these THREE CPU sliders:

Inside Shot Success: 47 down to 46
Close Shot Success: 47 down to 46
Mid-Range Success: 49 down to 48

I'm thinking this might be the route I go. But yes, you are correct in that the new ones are for the "challenge" factor, but I'm also finding the results to be VERY sim-like, provided I can get the CPU shooting sliders down to a more reasonable shooting percentage. But try those 3 above changes and see how it plays out.
Old 11-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #471
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Disregard the above post as the solution... I think I found it. I lowered QUICKNESS, VERTICAL and STRENGTH down to 5 (from 15). Shooting percentages are now looking better... I don't want to dummy-down the cpu's offense, but rather I want to bridge the gap in their ability to "cheat" the game. page 1 - post 1 updated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2011, 06:23 PM   #472
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Boy, it really is taking you a long time to dial in these SuperStar sliders, Mike. I'm glad that All-Star still works for me; I'd be pulling my hair out, otherwise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »