Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-23-2011, 02:15 AM   #41
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Ran another test game (used my 92-93 rosters which are a work-in-progress - ran as the hornets at philly - 2 teams i have 100% completed).

Make the following changes (I think we're getting close):

- Attributes:
user and cpu stamina: both at 55
user and cpu fatigue rate: both at 44

- Tendencies:
user contest shots: 80 ... cpu contest shots: 20

- Fouls:
user shooting foul frequency: 68 ... cpu shooting foul frequency: 64

(or dealer's choice on the fouls...LOL!). I don't want the fouls to drop too low because there are many NBA games in which each team shoots around 30 apiece.

Thanks to Dan (DJ) for catching the stamina issue. Still wish 2K would explain these better (much like EA does in NCAA football). MUCH thanks for the feedback! (Page 1 - Post 1 notes changes).
You're welcome, MK. Like you said, we play similar styles, so I'm glad to add my 2 cents in for the greater good of this slider set. Also need to thank A&S and Authentic for their slider sets, as they provided a great base.

Those changes to Stamina and Fatigue should really help. The reason those 2 settings caught my eye was due to the fact that I attended the Nuggets-Raptors game (had real cheap tickets, and it was cool to see the "new" Nuggets in person. They play like a college team, and I love it!) and I really paid attention to substitution patterns.

Denver didn't make a change to its starting 5 until there were 4 minutes left in the quarter, when they brought in JR Smith. Birdman was the No. 2 guy off the bench, and he came in with about 2 minutes to go in the quarter.

Now, I should mention that Denver played without Afflalo and Felton, so the bench was shortened a bit, but still, the way Karl handled subs gave me a good idea for what we should be looking for from our fatigue/stamina settings. Karl feels good about letting his guys go almost a full quarter before making any kind of moves. Obviously, fouls will change that, but otherwise, players should be able to go 8-10 minutes at a pretty good pace before having to sit.

With the way we had the sliders before, guys were dropping down to 3 or 2 bars of energy within 4-5 minutes of play, and then it would take the rest of the quarter and for some guys, into the next quarter, before they fully recovered.

The slight tweaks to CPU shooting should help bring their FG% back down to Earth. Larry Hughes went off against the Nuggets in my Den. Association and the Jazz shot 55% for the game. I'd like to see that about 10 percentage points lower. I was at 44%, which I'm perfectly fine with.
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #42
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

I might bring User 3PT shooting down to 51, and bump up User mid range shooting by one click, to 51.

In some games it's easy for me to rain threes, but I've been struggling to make mid-range shots.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:12 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 4

mk, what roster do you really use for ur set in association? can we use the official roster, will it be good for this set?
Old 03-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #44
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16

Made a few tweaks to the (great!) base set and I am really enjoying how the game is playing. Here are my changes:

User/CPU

Inside Shot Success: 48 / 45
Close Shot Success: 49 / 46
Mid-Range Success: 50 / 47
3-Pt Success: 52 / 49

Stamina: 50 / 50
Clutch Factor: 25 / 25
Fatigue Rate: 41 / 41

Shooting foul frequency: 64 / 64

I played a fun game as the Nets at Cleveland. It was close throughout, but I ended up losing because I played poorly in the 4th quarter. The game played out as I hoped it would. The CPU is tough and smart, but they didn't go on those seemingly endless runs where they couldn't miss a shot. Now, I need to try these with two of the upper echelon teams.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 03-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuCcI08
mk, what roster do you really use for ur set in association? can we use the official roster, will it be good for this set?
never played association. not sure, but i don't make sliders with rosters in mind...i just do sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2011, 03:11 PM   #46
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

1st post updated... only 4 changes from last post on Wednesday (all in red - shooting sliders). Appreciate the feedback. I'm going to stick with the base I have posted on page 1, but feel free to tweak to your liking.

If you feel the cpu still has too much of an edge offensively, then I'd strongly suggest greenegt's tweaks noted in post 44 (which look really good and stay within the framework of what we're trying to achieve).

After today's update (thurs - 3.24.11 - 2:00 pm) I feel pretty good with this base...
Old 03-24-2011, 03:15 PM   #47
Let's Go Pens...

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

i havent messed with the sliders on my hdd is a while.

why the bump to all-star? whay were you seeing to make you make the jump etc? what are you seeing to stay on this level?

i been using the real % as well, so just curious what jumping to all star will do for me.

thanks

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

Old 03-24-2011, 03:20 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
i havent messed with the sliders on my hdd is a while.

why the bump to all-star? whay were you seeing to make you make the jump etc? what are you seeing to stay on this level?

i been using the real % as well, so just curious what jumping to all star will do for me.

thanks
the cpu plays MUCH smarter on all-star than pro. they run more plays and have a generally higher BBall IQ. The set I posted on page 1 play nearly perfect... Give them a shot.

also, do NOT use the latest set I posted at 2k share. the stamina / fatigue is screwed up and i also don't like the shooting foul sliders for them (which is why i hate posting them on 2k share because i'm never happy... LOL!).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »