Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #489
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Lowered cpu INSIDE, CLOSE and MID-RANGE SUCCESS shooting sliders by 1 click each. CPU seems to play "scripted" so hopefully this will help get more sim-like shooting percentages.

monday, nov. 14th at 2:20 pm.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:28 PM   #490
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

It's too bad you had to move up to Superstar, MK. I routinely get my *** handed to me with your All-Star settings if I'm not focused.

Honestly, I think playing on any difficulty beyond All-Star is a recipie for frustration. I don't think the difficulty levels affect CPU intelligence... it merely just gives them artifiicial boosts.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 11-14-2011, 06:08 PM   #491
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
It's too bad you had to move up to Superstar, MK. I routinely get my *** handed to me with your All-Star settings if I'm not focused.

Honestly, I think playing on any difficulty beyond All-Star is a recipie for frustration. I don't think the difficulty levels affect CPU intelligence... it merely just gives them artifiicial boosts.
I'm still using the All-Star set, too, and getting consistently great games against the CPU.
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2011, 08:05 PM   #492
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Okay, I think I finally got them nailed. After you screw around with sliders in a game (as much as I have this one) you start to determine which are the most sensitive. The other problem began when I tweaked the quickness and vertical sliders a couple weeks ago, but those just didn't look realistic.

So the sensitive slider is the steal slider - you might wonder how in the world this affects shooting percentages... Well, sometimes blocks are actually statistically labeled as steals in this game. also, the "on ball defense" slider has a LOT to do with spacing. if you can create more spacing you can then get cleaner shots off, and hence a better percentage.

so everything on page 1 - post 1 is updated (monday, nov. 14th at 7:00 pm). I played a 1989-1990 game tonight (knicks at celtics) and I won with boston 96-89. the percentages were spot on for a game like this. the game was tied with 2:15 left. mchale and parish hit back-to-back low post shots. bird hit a 3 and another jumper and I held them to a lone 3-pointer at the buzzer during that stretch with some outstanding defense.
Old 11-15-2011, 01:36 AM   #493
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Just played two awesome games... 89-90 Celtics (me) vs. Orlando (cpu). magic were an expansion team. wanted to see how these played out.

I won game 1 on the road 104-98. I was down by 13 at one point, but came back late for the win. Parish had 24 pts, 12 rebs. Bird had 24 pts.

I won game 2 at home 110-99. I had a 19 point lead in the third quarter - it evaporated early in the 4 and was actually tied at 85. McHale had 26 pts.

Shooting percentages varied in both games, and the variety was very cool to see. I think I'm finally content with these and have now played some very sim-like, challenging and fun games (page 1 - post 1 is totally updated from earlier).
Old 11-15-2011, 09:41 PM   #494
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Just played two awesome games... 89-90 Celtics (me) vs. Orlando (cpu). magic were an expansion team. wanted to see how these played out.

I won game 1 on the road 104-98. I was down by 13 at one point, but came back late for the win. Parish had 24 pts, 12 rebs. Bird had 24 pts.

I won game 2 at home 110-99. I had a 19 point lead in the third quarter - it evaporated early in the 4 and was actually tied at 85. McHale had 26 pts.

Shooting percentages varied in both games, and the variety was very cool to see. I think I'm finally content with these and have now played some very sim-like, challenging and fun games (page 1 - post 1 is totally updated from earlier).

hey mkharsh how can i get your sliders for 2K11 on PS3 along with Old School Rosters?

Not sure what the hell happend but XBOX 360 2K11 disc is scratched beyond repair....ended up buying the PS3 version today from Block Buster for like $11
bucks

do you know if anyone duplicated your sliders and rosters for the PS3
Old 11-15-2011, 09:48 PM   #495
Banned

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I'm still using the All-Star set, too, and getting consistently great games against the CPU.
yeah All-Star seems fair and equal.....but after only 3 years of playing 2K basketball it might just be i'm not skilled enough to play on any other levels but Pro or All-Star

Dallas offense always look like crap any time i try to play on the highest level with Dirk missing shot after shot even with the same settings

I hate that type of gameplay gimmick....it shouldn't matter what level i play on Dirk should still knock down open Mid Range jumpers at a high level

I don't have a problem with some of my other players bricking shots on the highest level but when it's Dirk and the shooting sliders haven't changed at all then I know something under the hood ain't right
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2011, 11:13 PM   #496
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

PM... You can manually plug in the sliders on page 1. Unfortunately you cannot share sliders cross platform, so you'll just have to take a couple minutes and input the numbers.

Sadly, you cannot get the rosters. The PS3 guys didn't do many 2K11 classic rosters at all, so unfortunately you cannot get the Classic Rosters for the PS3.

As an aside, I picked up Madden 12. I've input your sliders and had a fun game first game. Unfortunately I'm banned from the Madden forums, so I'll need to see if they'll let me back in (and I promise to behave).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »