Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-24-2011, 06:20 PM   #49
MVP

ASB37's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Im excited to play with these sliders now that the cpu offense has been tweaked down a little more.

I felt that the game played very well with these, but the CPU was always dominant offensively that I would be down 10-12 points right off the bat and would struggle all game to comeback.

"You play to win the game."
Old 03-25-2011, 03:14 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Ran a couple more test games using the 92-93 rosters that i'm working on. A few more updates:

- lower user shooting fouls from 68 to 66 (you could even take this down to 64 if you want, but I want to test this out a bit more).

- raise user blocking from 40 to 50 (cpu still shoots a tad too high of a pct. I also get called for fouls down low that the cpu gets blocks. I think this is an all-star level "cheat" in the game. didn't want to see a block fest, but in my last game i only got one, yet got numerous fouls called on me. also, some blocks in the game actually get noted as steals if you've noticed this).

I think these two will work for this update. The goal is to lower cpu free throw attempts and slightly lower cpu fg %. Other than these two issues, I think we're there...

(Page 1 - post 1 has fully updated sliders - Friday: 3-25, 2:15 am).
Old 03-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0

User of your Pro sliders,I made the switch to these last night and I like them.

I played 3 times the samed game : Raptors(cpu) @ Hawks(me).
My main complaint is I got destroyed each time on the offensive rebound,they seemed to fly all over and made some nasty putbacks dunks,and me on the other side couldn't grab more than 4 ou 5.

So What do you suggest to lower a bit their powerful off rebounding?

I see you made some adjustements to the user blocking side which was my second gripe so it's fine

One more question : what the "help defense strenght" in My Controller do?
At 5,what does it mean? I play a lot of off-ball defense FYI

thanks man
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2011, 10:55 AM   #52
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty_DomZ
User of your Pro sliders,I made the switch to these last night and I like them.

I played 3 times the samed game : Raptors(cpu) @ Hawks(me).
My main complaint is I got destroyed each time on the offensive rebound,they seemed to fly all over and made some nasty putbacks dunks,and me on the other side couldn't grab more than 4 ou 5.

So What do you suggest to lower a bit their powerful off rebounding?

I see you made some adjustements to the user blocking side which was my second gripe so it's fine

One more question : what the "help defense strenght" in My Controller do?
At 5,what does it mean? I play a lot of off-ball defense FYI

thanks man
Appreciate the feedback! Yeah, I've noticed a slight trend where I get beat on the offensive boards as well. Nothing glaring, but the follow-up dunks by the cpu do seem irk me. I'd suggest raising your user defensive rebounds slightly. Try it at 15...

The "help defense strength" helps put your man in slightly better position on defense (I use the left trigger to help with positioning). I only play with one player on defense, usually the PG. There seems to be (at least to me) this thing in which the players move like they're "ice skating" and don't make solid cuts (however, the cpu has no problem with this...LOL!). I've found that setting this at 5 helps my defensive guys to stick to the floor (so to speak) a tad better.

You can find this by going to: My Controller...Controller Settings...it's the last setting at the bottom of the list. I think you'll need to save your settings and possibly your profile as well (I do NOT use autosave).

Hope this helps!
Old 03-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #53
Let's Go Pens...

Fiddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
the cpu plays MUCH smarter on all-star than pro. they run more plays and have a generally higher BBall IQ. The set I posted on page 1 play nearly perfect... Give them a shot.

also, do NOT use the latest set I posted at 2k share. the stamina / fatigue is screwed up and i also don't like the shooting foul sliders for them (which is why i hate posting them on 2k share because i'm never happy... LOL!).
cool.. ill def give them a try. i may even just use what i have been using and see what effects the all star level has on em. i was always scared to bump it up bc i get beat on pro still lol..

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

Old 03-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
cool.. ill def give them a try. i may even just use what i have been using and see what effects the all star level has on em. i was always scared to bump it up bc i get beat on pro still lol..
I'm in the same boat but decided to give All Star a try and I'm not regret it,it's not as "violent" as I thought it would be..and yes the CPU plays smarter.

Thanks MK I'll test Def Reb at 15 tonight.
However I had the Defensive Help at 5 all along but I just wondered what was the real affect of this..ie if I raise it to the max what will happen?
Old 03-25-2011, 01:56 PM   #55
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
- raise user blocking from 40 to 50 (cpu still shoots a tad too high of a pct. I also get called for fouls down low that the cpu gets blocks. I think this is an all-star level "cheat" in the game. didn't want to see a block fest, but in my last game i only got one, yet got numerous fouls called on me. also, some blocks in the game actually get noted as steals if you've noticed this).

This nearly made me throw my controller against the wall last night. I was New Orleans playing against Utah, and they had 37 free throw attempts, in contrast to my 17. Yes, that happens in the NBA, but it feels really cheap when I just give the Y button a tap to try to contest the shot, and my player goes into this crazy hacking animation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2011, 10:51 AM   #56
Let's Go Pens...

Fiddy's Arena

bumped up to the allstar level last night. yikes!! lol.. i got hammered twice. now granted im the Cavs and they obviously stink, but on Pro i was able to compete lol..

i then played a quick half with the Magic vs Nets, i def noticed being able to shoot better than with the Cavs, got up early by 16, held on to a 11 point lead at the half and then just quit. i was tired lol.

something to me didnt feel right about driving to the hoop or just getting past a defender. i felt like there always was that suction to keep the defender on my hip, on Pro, i was able to make that turn past the defender and the suction is not there. it seemed to have a better balance (to me) of getting stopped and getting past the defender so to speak. you know what i mean?

i also, kept the user/cpu shooting sliders the same, so the cpu was set like the user side. i wonder if that was another issue i was having, bc they were banging everything for the most part. ill have to adjust them down to where you have them and see what happens. i got into that PUNTL mindset to try and keep everything the same..

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »