Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-28-2012, 02:23 PM   #577
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

For any of you playing SUPERSTAR level for 2K11 (not 2K12) I believe I've officially reached a "final" set. I've done a ton of testing - can't recall how many games, but this appears to be the best I've put together. sorry for all the tinkering, but I've going after a game that plays with NBA fluidity, solid animations, a fair challenge and provides a different type of game each time you play - nothing predictable. these capture this best.

If you need minor suggestions I can provide them as I've tinkered with these enough to know what certain SMALL changes will do to increase or decrease the challenge. Enjoy!
Old 01-29-2012, 05:34 PM   #578
Rookie

OVR: 4

mk, thanks for all the hard work you put into "tweaking" these sliders. I'm really enjoying 2k11 with these now.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:44 PM   #579
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29

harsh, I think I've tinkered your all star set to perfection but I'm finding it hard to nail down turnovers. Turnovers are low, especially non-steal turnovers. I'm averaging about 10-12 a game with various teams (same with CPU) but I'm not seeing any big turnover games. I do see low ones occasionally, such as 6-10 turnovers, but not big like 17-22.

Other than lowering pass accuracy to 45-46 and dealing with wtf moments passing the ball, I can't think of any other tweaks. If i raise passing lanes or on ball steal I get 15-16 steals a game. With all your testing maybe you can give me some ideas on what to tweak.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #580
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

detroitstyle... yes, that's an issue that I don't think we can fix. I've tried a lot of different variations. Like you said, lower the passing down and you get stupid, stupid decisions. Even at 49 you'll see you and the cpu make an inbound pass (at half-court - following a timeout) where it sails out of bounds. I've seen at MOST 16 turnovers in a game by the CPU, and most of them were steals by me. Just something we'll have to live with.

I appreciate you guys' patience with this. since many are sticking with 2k11, I don't feel bad for all the time it took to get these done. barring a major miracle i feel strongly the set posted (superstar) is a FINAL set. there was only 1 tweak I added today - lowering user shot blocking down to 45 (from 50).

it's funny, but the BIGGEST impact on shooting percentages were the tendencies, NOT the actual shooting attributes. I put user at 54 for a number of them because at 53 I was seeing percentages drop too low high 30% range). If I put the cpu at 24 for their tendencies, they NEVER shot lower than 54%.

I played a game from 1992 last night - Celtics (me) at Washington (cpu). It was an ACTUAL game played on 1/28/92. The score of the REAL game was Boston: 98, Wash: 87.

When I played the game last night I won 93-87. I was literally dumbfounded by how REAL the game played out. Stats were SPOT ON!!! I shot 44% and they shot 45%. I went on a 12-0 run late in the game to go up by 10, but Michael Adams hit a couple threes late. But I was just amazed by how fun the game was. I was fighting like heck to win, and I actually trailed by 8 in the 3rd. These sliders captured a reality that was captivating...
Old 02-03-2012, 01:43 AM   #581
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

My Bulls vs. the Heat in the 2012 Eastern Conference Semis, Game 1...

Seriously, how beautiful is that?

It was quite a game. I was down 22 at one point in the first half. Wade and Bron were just getting dunk after dunk in the fast break. I was able to really focus on the defensive in, and chip away at the lead. Got it all the way down to 1 with 1:15 left, had a runner with Rose to take the lead, and he missed it. He was cold all game.

Now I've made some tweaks along the way to your All-Star set (I've gone to all shot tendencies at 0, Attack Basket at 100, Look for Post at 100), but it is an incredible base. Still LOVING this game. Probably my favorite sports game ever.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2012, 01:50 AM   #582
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

GREAT-looking game, Spenc. Too bad you didn't get the win, though.

I'm thinking of starting up a Bulls Association with MK's latest roster update, myself. D-Rose is my second-favorite player in the league right now.
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Old 02-03-2012, 01:57 AM   #583
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

I was just happy to make a game out of it after nearly getting ran out of the gym in the first half.

I think playing the Knicks in the first round didn't help... I was used to getting pretty much anything I wanted against them offensively, and only having to defend for about 5 seconds defensively as they were launching threes like there was no tomorrow.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 02-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #584
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Very, very glad to see this... All the work is paying off, and those stats look scary good!!! That was the goal.

Again, tweak to fit your needs, and I think the ONLY areas that really need any personal tweaks are the TENDENCIES - but everything else is pretty set. I'm getting some very enjoyable experiences using this slider set. Thanks for the feedback!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »