Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 02-17-2012, 12:09 AM   #625
Rookie

randogu's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcsam
Do these sliders work for Coach mode?? I'd be interested in hearing someone's opinion on them. Thanks.
I've watched tons of cpuVcpu games with the various versions of these sliders over the games lifespan. The games play out very nicely and the stats are always spot on. I would think this would carry over to coach mode quite well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #626
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm starting to player lock with these sliders. Using LeBron on the Heat & going into Coach Mode when he's not on the court. I'm just starting now so I'll post up once this game finishes
Old 02-17-2012, 07:33 AM   #627
Rookie

Oh wow, this doesn't work at all. Miami shooting 28% coming up to the half...
Old 02-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #628
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

For those using the All-Star set, what do you have Clutch set to? I zeroed out the slider recently and I've noticed more balance in terms of shots going in/missing. The turnaround bank shot that the CPU likes to do doesn't go in 100% of the time now, which is nice to see.

These sliders are great and MK's updated rosters are money. I've thrown in the towel on 2K12 and am rolling with 2K11 from now on.
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Old 02-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #629
Rookie

engrishbwudd's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
For those using the All-Star set, what do you have Clutch set to? I zeroed out the slider recently and I've noticed more balance in terms of shots going in/missing. The turnaround bank shot that the CPU likes to do doesn't go in 100% of the time now, which is nice to see.

These sliders are great and MK's updated rosters are money. I've thrown in the towel on 2K12 and am rolling with 2K11 from now on.
Seems to be a popular decision lately. 2k had some pretty auspicious ideas/promises that didn't quite pan out this year. Super frustrating, but I enjoy it so much about 30% of the time that I haven't given up officially yet. I'm still chasing the 2k12 dragon.

Anywho, zeroing out the clutch slider eliminates some of the cpu cheese, but I find myself constantly messing with the consistency slider more than is healthy as well. I have a habit of rage tweaking. On 50 it seems like the cpu drains too many fade post jumpers, but this could be due in part by my lackluster defense.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:48 PM   #630
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ

I'm also done with 2K12. I have no idea why 2K decided to change the AI so much, and I just can't get used to the overly aggressive AI in that game. In 2K12, every single player drives to the hoop with incredible skill, even old Fisher likes to pretend he's Rondo. It's like tendencies don't even matter.

I was playing against the Lakers in 2K11 using this slider set plus mk's rosters, and the Lakers were actually playing like themselves. Kobe was doing the driving and driving fouls on me, not Derek Fisher. Fisher was just passing the ball and shooting every once in a while, like he does in real life.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:57 AM   #631
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX1329
I'm also done with 2K12. I have no idea why 2K decided to change the AI so much, and I just can't get used to the overly aggressive AI in that game. In 2K12, every single player drives to the hoop with incredible skill, even old Fisher likes to pretend he's Rondo. It's like tendencies don't even matter.

I was playing against the Lakers in 2K11 using this slider set plus mk's rosters, and the Lakers were actually playing like themselves. Kobe was doing the driving and driving fouls on me, not Derek Fisher. Fisher was just passing the ball and shooting every once in a while, like he does in real life.
There were flashes were 2K12 would play OK, but then, even with heavily-edited rosters, you were powerless to stop the CPU from driving to the paint, pump-faking several times or using up-and-unders and scoring. The PGs grabbing offensive rebounds at will was also infuriating.

2K11 has some issues, but they are very miniscule compared to 2K12. MK did a great job with the player tendencies in his roster, and combined with his slider set, makes for some very realistic games.

I played the Knicks-Hornets game last night and while I was the Knicks and won the game by 8, the stats played out very similar to what you saw in tonight's game. That's what I'm looking for when I play NBA 2K. The CPU is a legit challenge in 2K11, but there's little to no cheapness involved. 2K12 made me want to throw my controller across the room too many times, so I'm done with that and am trading it in (although I may be buying the NBA/MLB 2K combo pack, so I'll be using my trade to knock off the price of MLB 2K and get a copy of 2K12 back) and riding with 2K11.
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #632
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

I used to complain about it, but now I've learned that 2K11's bumping is a necessary evil. In 2K12, unless you're able to stay in the exact spot to trigger an animation and make the ball handler pick up his dribble or lose the ball, the ball handler will just continue to dribble into the defender until he's in the paint. Now, the AI is terrible at playing good position defense and cutting off angles, so by the time the ball gets passed and you switch to another defender, it's already too late and you won't be able to make the ball handler pick up his dribble anymore. Until the teammate AI improves and we get a physics system that properly accounts for contact on the floor rather than just in the air, we need the bumping in order to play good defense.

On topic: the game is very hard with the current set. When your players aren't shooting well, you are going to lose the game, because the CPU is unforgiving. However, I haven't seen anything unrealistic, teams are running their offenses and CPU controlled players aren't doing anything that makes me want to throw my controller at the screen. I think this is it, I'm considering starting an Association with these sliders.

Last edited by CX1329; 02-18-2012 at 04:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »