Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
something to me didnt feel right about driving to the hoop or just getting past a defender. i felt like there always was that suction to keep the defender on my hip, on Pro, i was able to make that turn past the defender and the suction is not there. it seemed to have a better balance (to me) of getting stopped and getting past the defender so to speak. you know what i mean?

i also, kept the user/cpu shooting sliders the same, so the cpu was set like the user side. i wonder if that was another issue i was having, bc they were banging everything for the most part. ill have to adjust them down to where you have them and see what happens. i got into that PUNTL mindset to try and keep everything the same..
I kind of see the same thing,driving past the defenders is difficult but when I "force" it sometimes I'm able to do it successfully,weird..

For shooting sliders,I used Greenegt tweaks and have pretty good results.

MK,raising the HUM Def Reb to 15 (and lower CPU Attempt Putback to 90) gave me great results in terms of rebounding in my last Raptors @ Hawks attempt.
The blocking tweak is also well done,I thought it might be too much when I blocked 5 or 6 shots in few minutes but I finally got 10 in that match.
Only thing that still bothers me,it's the CPU steals number,well more that "I have eyes in the back and can swat balls without looking" thing,this drives me crazy!
Old 03-26-2011, 12:08 PM   #58
Let's Go Pens...

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Dirty, what are Greenegt shooting tweaks?

as for blocking.. i rarely ever get any blocks.

BUT, last night, i lowered the contact stuff to 75 each (from 100) and i them bumped my def assistance up from 0 to 50. i then was able to block some shots lol. more than likely it has to do with the def assist slider, than the contact sliders.

the contact sliders at 75 made it feel a bit more open in terms of space, guys were not getting stuck on each other like at 100, although at 100 it wasnt all that bad.

so, does the def assistance slider have an impact on me and my ai teammates, or just effect who im controlling in terms of being able to block and steal?

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

Old 03-26-2011, 12:31 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 0

Fiddy,here they are
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegt
Made a few tweaks to the (great!) base set and I am really enjoying how the game is playing. Here are my changes:

User/CPU

Inside Shot Success: 48 / 45
Close Shot Success: 49 / 46
Mid-Range Success: 50 / 47
3-Pt Success: 52 / 49

Stamina: 50 / 50
Clutch Factor: 25 / 25
Fatigue Rate: 41 / 41

Shooting foul frequency: 64 / 64
I just raised Close Shot to 50 because Al Horford missed too much open shots just above the rim!
I keep Stamina & Fatigue Rate where MK has them.
And I think 64/64 for shooting foul frequency is close to the happy medium
Old 03-26-2011, 12:34 PM   #60
Let's Go Pens...

Fiddy's Arena

thanks for posting those..

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

Old 03-26-2011, 02:00 PM   #61
MVP

Jumpman232's Arena

OVR: 12

first off let me say excellent work on the sliders, they go well with my association. But, the only thing I have a problem with is the fouls. In every game, I found at least 3 or 4 of my players either fouling out or having 5 fouls when the game is over with. I made the fouls tweaks that I have found in this thread but its still not working, help please?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2011, 03:54 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

A few responses...

- regarding fouls: I think it's a personal gameplay style. Since making this change I've found them to be near spot-on. I use the PG probably 80% of each defensive possession and use my left trigger to help with my positioning. You cannot jump and use the Y button to block each time. Not saying anyone is doing anything wrong or that I'm some genius, but what I'm providing (as is every slider creator) is a base set for you to tweak to your style of play. I think the parameters are set in place... I will not make any more changes unless there is extensive critiques. I fear if the fouls are lowered then we're going to see those games in which each team takes only 12 or 14.

- regarding bumping (ie "suction"): IMO, if you start lowering on ball defense then you can cheese the defender at will. It's a video game - not perfect. Yes, there is bumping, but with the guards who are solid you can get to the hoop.

For example: I was running a test game with my 92-93 rosters that are nearing completion (shameless plug). I had Scott Skiles running the point for the Magic and he was able to break down his man at times using the right thumb stick moves. Now, when Litterial Green came in - yikes!!! My offense got stagnant and I had trouble scoring the ball. Guys...that's called reality. Not every PG can beat his man. Nor can every small forward. I want guys to play differently. I don't want to see Frank Johnson breaking down his man off the dribble like Kevin Johnson (Suns team).

Tweak to your liking, but I don't want to change something that I'm not personally seeing. Trust me... I'm an average to below average gamer. But maybe I'm in the minority when I say this: the best sliders out there are the ones that let me LOSE. I played a game the other night (Orlando - me vs. Timberwolves - cpu). Shaq had 31 points and kept me in the game. When my reserves came in I saw an 8 point lead turn into a 10 point deficit. But the 93 Orlando reserves were dreadful. I was down by 4 with 2 minutes to play and ended up losing by 10 (120 - 110). Yeah, I was a little miffed, but it felt VERY rewarding. Just like in real NBA games, I had my chances and could not capitalize.

I'm not trying to talk down to anyone or act like a know-it-all... Just asking you to tweak to your personal style and recognize that it's a video game and it has flaws. If we want reality, we head outside and play bball with our friends.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:19 PM   #63
Let's Go Pens...

Fiddy's Arena

yeah, im not trying to get past the defender at will or cheese so to speak. for me being used to the Pro level, it was a huge adjustment. bc i dont try and get past the d man all the time, but it seemed like i couldnt get passed them at all. again, maybe bc im the Cavs, but i dunno.

also, IMO it has nothing to do with on the ball defense. its almost like the contact sliders are what is causing this. maybe i should lower that a tad?

ill play some more a lil later tonight..

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC

Old 03-27-2011, 06:26 PM   #64
MVP

CX1329's Arena

OVR: 16

I've just blown out the Hornets.

NO (CPU) - LAL (Me)

Field Goals: 35/82 - 44/82
FG%: 42% - 53%
3PT: 1/4 - 7/16
3PT%: 25% - 43%
FT: 15/25 - 11/14
FT%: 60% - 78%
Assists: 19 - 20
Turnovers: 9 - 9
Team Fouls: 9 - 15
Rebounds: 39 - 35
Off. Rebounds: 6 - 6
Steals: 7 - 9
Blocks: 1 - 14
Points in the Paint: 42 - 38
Bench Points: 28 - 33
Second Chance Points: 8 - 7
Fast Break Points: 6 - 6

Changes made to the sliders:

Dropped User 3PT to 51
Bumped User Mid to 51

I liked how the game played. Midrange shots went in at a more realistic rate with the slider set to 51, but my total FG% was a tad too high. It's not rare for teams to shoot over 50% in the NBA, though, so I'll play some more games and see how it averages out.

Also, block figures have consistently been too high. I don't understand this game, either everything the CPU shoots goes in and the CPU draws 100 fouls in the paint, or the player is able to block everything. =/ I'm happy with the steals, though. They're high, but there aren't enough non steal turnovers in the game, so it evens out.

Last edited by CX1329; 03-27-2011 at 06:33 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »