Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #649
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Thanks for the sliders. I've simulated a few CPU vs CPU games and the AI rarely calls plays for the PG, no matter how high I set touches.
Do you know whether this was broken for 2k11, and do you notice a lack of plays being run for PGs from the CPU? I'm talking about set plays, not freelance. For example a PG with high touches and 4 iso plays should isolate quite often, instead I see almost no plays called for ball dominant PGs.

I remember that the official patch contained something like correcting an issue where non stars get too many plays called for, don't know if that's the same issue.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #650
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I don't play cpu vs cpu games, so I have no idea how that translates. If I want to WATCH a basketball game, I'll watch the real thing on TV.

When I played a game from the 1992-93 season today, Kenny Anderson for the Nets scored 15 points and dished out 12 assists. Everything looked good as he was blowing past me. Maybe the update I forgot to post earlier was the difference, though. Not sure, but not a problem for me.

ONE UPDATE (that I messed up when I posted them):

make the CPU's ATTACK BASKET (under tendencies) to 10.

It's corrected on page 1 - post 1.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:27 PM   #651
Pro

OVR: 4

Where do you get your rosters from?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-14-2012, 11:34 PM   #652
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by speels
Where do you get your rosters from?
Check a thread here started by Crunknblaze... I believe those guys are still updating a roster file. I no longer use 2K11 for current rosters as I bought 2K13 and created my own roster file to do so.

But for 2K11 I play strictly classic files.

Today I played an INCREDIBLE game: 92-93 rosters. Boston (me) at Philly (cpu). It was a wire-to-wire game in which I finally pulled out a win in the 4th quarter 99-91. Neither team had more than a 6 point lead throughout the game. Just a phenomenal gaming experience that left me totally satisfied when finished. No other game does this for me...
Old 11-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #653
Rookie

OVR: 1

Dangit MK I was just about to get 2K13 after playing 2K11 the past two years... I may still get it. I know it won't play as good as 2K11 but it's a good game right?
Old 11-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #654
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by herruberraschen
Dangit MK I was just about to get 2K13 after playing 2K11 the past two years... I may still get it. I know it won't play as good as 2K11 but it's a good game right?
2K13 is a good game... it's better than 2k12. The additions to CAPs are good, and I wish 2K11 had some of these items. My beef with 2K13 is the "sliding effect" on the floor. 2K11 allows you to "stick" to the floor a bit better, and in my estimation, it's more realistic. 2K13 has a glide-feel to the players, where it's almost like a slight skating feel. The sliders are VERY touchy, and there are a number of us who believe the court art edits (which are a nice addition) are having an effect somehow on gameplay - sliders seem to need adjustments to them each time they provide an update. Crowd reactions in 13 are better than in 11. But I see no way I'm investing my time into any classic rosters because 2K13 won't be a mainstay in my game library - I'm already hedging on whether I'll keep it for any duration... 2K11 just keeps pulling me back, and with all the roster work I did on it a year ago, I haven't even began to touch the surface of what that game still offers me.

But if you're a fan of today's NBA - my suggestion: buy it. Enjoy it for what it is. Just find a roster set and a slider set - and forget about the "perfection" that you may want - you won't get it. But if you can just have fun and get an 85% simulation like sense from it, then you'll like it.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #655
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yea I think I'll pick it up on black Friday for a current era game and save 2K11 for your classic rosters.
Sent you an email about the classic rosters.

Last edited by herruberraschen; 11-15-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #656
MVP

OVR: 4
Hey mk... Thinking of picking up. 2k11 after reading your comments... Can you play association with the classics rosters? Also where can I get your classic rosters from?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »