Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-09-2013, 10:45 PM   #729
Rookie

Bawstun's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Hey, MK, love the sliders. One thing though, those occasional 'force fields' that defenders create when you drive to the basket, I've read about the strength slider having an effect on this, what's your thoughts?
Old 05-10-2013, 03:23 AM   #730
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Yeah - here's the problem with 2K11: once you get good on the thumb stick dribble moves, you can pretty much blow by any defender. You MUST do something to stop this. Plus, I'm an old-school classic roster guy. Back in the 80's and 90's there was a TON of hand-checking on defense. So this actually plays very true-to-life in that regard. Glad you're enjoying them! Still the greatest NBA basketball video game experience for me.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:26 PM   #731
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

I did 2 things yesterday: I raised cpu inside shooting to 45 (up from 43). But left close shots alone. I also adjusted passing to 43 for both (too many unforced cpu turnovers).

I played the 1994-95 knicks (cpu) at pacers (me) an I won 118-114 in OT. Sweaty palms when I was done. Reggie got 51 for me and Starks lit me up for 36. I LOVE this game!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #732
Rookie

OVR: 0

haha mkharsh u are truly a god on these forums.
keep it up man
Old 05-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #733
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
Just out of curiosity, what's the consensus for team chemistry for 2k11? Using '12-'13 rosters, I'm 21-22 (58 game season with the Knicks) with a really low chemistry. And that's fine, I guess. But my team gets super streaky. My last 19 games have seen a 5 game winning streak, followed by a 7 game losing streak, followed by a 7 game winning streak.

But what's more troubling is how the rest of the league plays. The Kings are sitting as the #1 seed in the West right now, and Orlando, Detroit, and Toronto are the #2, 4, and 5 seeds respectively in the East. The Bulls (with Derrick Rose playing in all their games) are at 13-27. Would chemistry be affecting the cpu controlled teams this much as well?
I've found 3 really odd things with this roster/sliders.
1. Kevin Martin attacks the basket like crazy. You have to lower his tendencies.
2. Same thing with Tyreke Evans only he can't shoot as well.
3. Monta Ellis also attacks the basket like a monster and also likes to self post way too much no matter what I set self post/post up at. I've started changing other teams plays and coach sliders to try and correct some of this. It's hit or miss.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 07-23-2013, 01:33 AM   #734
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2

Mrharsh Can you please upload your sliders with the new update when it comes out? Im buying 2k11 again, its the most balanced game and i would really appreciate it if you did.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #735
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Page 1 - Post 1 is now 100% accurate to what I am using. Note the 95-96 season having 11 minute quarters and also having a slight adjustment for "on ball defense" - the NBA, based upon statistics, changed from that year moving forward until now (more defensive oriented with on ball hounding defensive schemes). These sliders give me amazingly fun games and it took me a long time to get them right, I've finally gotten the "final" set. If you question anything, trust me, these are built on literally hundreds of games. The first step was getting animations fluid - making it look like real NBA basketball. Once the players moved appropriately, then it was about getting the statistical values to play out. Superstar level is a difficult level to play on, but the CPU A.I. plays so smart. I've seen a little bit of everything with this set and I hope you guys who still play 2k11 enjoy them!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2013, 08:56 PM   #736
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Page 1 - Post 1 is now 100% accurate to what I am using. Note the 95-96 season having 11 minute quarters and also having a slight adjustment for "on ball defense" - the NBA, based upon statistics, changed from that year moving forward until now (more defensive oriented with on ball hounding defensive schemes). These sliders give me amazingly fun games and it took me a long time to get them right, I've finally gotten the "final" set. If you question anything, trust me, these are built on literally hundreds of games. The first step was getting animations fluid - making it look like real NBA basketball. Once the players moved appropriately, then it was about getting the statistical values to play out. Superstar level is a difficult level to play on, but the CPU A.I. plays so smart. I've seen a little bit of everything with this set and I hope you guys who still play 2k11 enjoy them!
Thanks so much man. now i can enjoy some real basketball and not 2k13 lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »