Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 07-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #737
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

I fixed about 3 things that I had written down incorrectly.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #738
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Yeah - here's the problem with 2K11: once you get good on the thumb stick dribble moves, you can pretty much blow by any defender. You MUST do something to stop this. Plus, I'm an old-school classic roster guy. Back in the 80's and 90's there was a TON of hand-checking on defense. So this actually plays very true-to-life in that regard. Glad you're enjoying them! Still the greatest NBA basketball video game experience for me.
I recommend limiting the amount of iso's you do. If you call for an Iso in the middle of the floor it's easy to pull off a hesitation-crossover and have your defender skating to one side. It's even easier when you create more space with a size up step back because then you avoid getting that force field bump. I can break LeBron's ankles with Kendrick Perkins on Hall of Fame. So I only Isolate with superstar players, usually late in the shot clock or at the end of a quarter to tone down the cheese.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 07-30-2013, 10:58 AM   #739
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Just to let you know how crazy this game is - and how much uniqueness to each game I get with this set...

I played the 92-93 rosters. Sixers (cpu) at Celtics (me). In honor of Reggie Lewis' 20 year date of this death, I wanted to give that year a go. I lost 110-106. BUT, I jumped out to a 39-29 lead after the first quarter. After scoring 39 in the first, I scored only 11 in the 2nd quarter. Philly even had a 16 point lead on me as all of a sudden their dynamic backcourt of Hornacek & Hersey Hawkins went nuts on me. Hawkins ended up with 36 and Lewis had 34 for me.

I've seen new animations where defenders will fall down, etc. I just love this game and this slider set is about as real-to-life basketball as I've ever played!
Old 07-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #740
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Just to let you know how crazy this game is - and how much uniqueness to each game I get with this set...

I played the 92-93 rosters. Sixers (cpu) at Celtics (me). In honor of Reggie Lewis' 20 year date of this death, I wanted to give that year a go. I lost 110-106. BUT, I jumped out to a 39-29 lead after the first quarter. After scoring 39 in the first, I scored only 11 in the 2nd quarter. Philly even had a 16 point lead on me as all of a sudden their dynamic backcourt of Hornacek & Hersey Hawkins went nuts on me. Hawkins ended up with 36 and Lewis had 34 for me.

I've seen new animations where defenders will fall down, etc. I just love this game and this slider set is about as real-to-life basketball as I've ever played!
Hard to believe it's been 20 years since Lewis passed away. Such a sad time for basketball fans, as you had Gathers go right before this and then Petrovic was killed in a car accident a few months later.

Lewis could've been an all-time great, no doubt about it. I wasn't a big Celtics guy growing up but I really liked the way he approached the game.
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Old 07-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #741
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Hard to believe it's been 20 years since Lewis passed away. Such a sad time for basketball fans, as you had Gathers go right before this and then Petrovic was killed in a car accident a few months later.

Lewis could've been an all-time great, no doubt about it. I wasn't a big Celtics guy growing up but I really liked the way he approached the game.
I was born in 72, so I was 21 when Reggie died. I will never forget that sick feeling... I knew the Celtics were toast. I was showing my 13 year old son some youtube clips the other day. Especially when Reggie blocked Jordan's shot 4 times in one game. There's a great article on ESPN.com written by Jackie Macmullin on Reggie's career.

Oh, and Chris Mullin turns 50 today... WOW!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2013, 03:52 PM   #742
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

The ONLY flaw I see in these sliders is that it seems like it's hard to get great rebounders to get a lot of rebounds - kinda seems like a crapshoot on who's going to get them. But that's probably just the price you have to pay to get any offensive rebounds. Great set of sliders.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:06 PM   #743
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
I was born in 72, so I was 21 when Reggie died. I will never forget that sick feeling... I knew the Celtics were toast. I was showing my 13 year old son some youtube clips the other day. Especially when Reggie blocked Jordan's shot 4 times in one game. There's a great article on ESPN.com written by Jackie Macmullin on Reggie's career.

Oh, and Chris Mullin turns 50 today... WOW!!!
Man, I feel so old! Mully is 50? As a fellow lefty, I studied his form closely growing up.
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Old 07-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #744
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
The ONLY flaw I see in these sliders is that it seems like it's hard to get great rebounders to get a lot of rebounds - kinda seems like a crapshoot on who's going to get them. But that's probably just the price you have to pay to get any offensive rebounds. Great set of sliders.
This frustrates me too. Trade offs have to be made. But try this:

- raise CPU Consistency to 50
- raise User Strength to 55

I think this might help and I'm going to test this. Thanks for the constructive feedback!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »