Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #745
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

hi mk....was wondering if you're getting nba 2k14 (im sure u will ) will you create sliders for MyCareer? I really enjoyed your sliders in NHL, so hoping that you'll do sliders again in 2k14. By the way, this sliders, could this work as well in MyCareer mode? Sorry, very new in NBA 2k (not played this game since nba 2k3 .....hockey fan here )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #746
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I don't think I'll be doing any more NBA 2K sliders. My son wants 2K14, but I just love 2K11 and have no real desire to play any other games.

I've actually done a LOT of edits to this set, but I'm VERY hesitant to post them because I'll probably be ridiculed for some of the drastic steps I've taken. I went back to the drawing board on them, and looked at the physics of the game. I watched a TON of classic NBA games on TV and YouTube lately and tried to capture the movements & player reactions. At the end of the day it's a video game, but I feel like what I've done is much more fun to play with. But the immediate response to them will probably be negative. If anyone is still playing this game, let me know if interested and I'll plug them in on the front page.

Also note that I play the classic rosters and I worked on the sliders to make them universal for all the roster sets over a 20 year period of time.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #747
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I don't think I'll be doing any more NBA 2K sliders. My son wants 2K14, but I just love 2K11 and have no real desire to play any other games.

I've actually done a LOT of edits to this set, but I'm VERY hesitant to post them because I'll probably be ridiculed for some of the drastic steps I've taken. I went back to the drawing board on them, and looked at the physics of the game. I watched a TON of classic NBA games on TV and YouTube lately and tried to capture the movements & player reactions. At the end of the day it's a video game, but I feel like what I've done is much more fun to play with. But the immediate response to them will probably be negative. If anyone is still playing this game, let me know if interested and I'll plug them in on the front page.

Also note that I play the classic rosters and I worked on the sliders to make them universal for all the roster sets over a 20 year period of time.
Post 'em, Mike. Or just send me a PM so I can use them
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #748
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11

No slider update MK? Watching old Jordan games on NBA TV, got me thinking of playing with these and the classic rosters.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #749
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsManiac4Life
No slider update MK? Watching old Jordan games on NBA TV, got me thinking of playing with these and the classic rosters.
Page 1 - Post 1 is now totally updated. Yes, you will see some drastic stuff. I have played nearly 80 test games. (Yeah, I LOVE this game that much).

You need to play simulation style basketball - no cheese stuff.

The drastic changes were made due to the PHYSICS of the game. Once I got the movements correct, THEN I worked on statistical things.

I just played some incredibly great games with this set. If people don't like them, that's fine. They work perfectly for me.

Also note something: SUPERSTAR level seems to have some built-in cheats. So you have to make some drastic changes because the CPU will decide to go into berserk mode against you. You will also see some bad turnovers. BUT, you need them because of the non-steal TO's that have to be made in this game.

Please know that I have now tested a TON of different combinations of sliders. I feel this set is probably the most sim-like, amazing set I've ever developed. Perfect? No, because it's a video game. But 2K11 is without a doubt the greatest NBA video game I've ever played.

Today I played with the 2000-01 set. Kings (me) at Pistons (cpu). I won 106-100. C-Webb had 30 pts, 9 rebs. Stackhouse lit me up for 26. I had 11 offensive rebounds to their 7. Ben Wallace had 10 pts, 10 rebs. And Peja had 14 points and 17 (yeah, you read that right) rebounds for me. I led by 8 at halftime, but they tied it up in the 3rd. I then pulled away late. I shot 49% to their 46%. When I compared box scores from the real-life games (2 of them from that season) I was shocked at how close they came out.

Please make sure you double-triple check the math on page 1. I have a 3-ring binder with all my 2K11 information in it (including tons of roster information from the past). This set plays universally for all my 20 years of classic rosters. The only thing to note is the minutes played that I have noted on page 1.

Enjoy them!
Old 08-24-2013, 10:20 PM   #750
Banned

OVR: 18

I normally don't play 2k on Superstar but these sliders provide a good even challenge. 11 is still my favorite of the bunch. Too bad there is no bounce pass.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:20 AM   #751
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
I normally don't play 2k on Superstar but these sliders provide a good even challenge. 11 is still my favorite of the bunch. Too bad there is no bounce pass.
Yeah that is the one thing from 2K13 that I wish was in 2K11-12; manual bounce passes.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2013, 05:06 PM   #752
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

I played a game with these, and while I killed a lesser team, I loved what I saw. The right players were getting rebounds, matchups were easier to exploit for both sides, and everything moved better. Especially loose balls. That was a huge difference.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »