Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-24-2013, 11:57 PM   #761
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Thanks for the kind words, guys...means a lot. She worked for the Tampa Tribune for 8+ years as a graphic designer. New ownership came in, and long story short, basically is on a path of destruction. They were already working with a skeleton crew, so we were really shocked when she was let go as they had already scaled down her department. She's looking for a graphic design job. We'll just see what happens. We are able to afford COBRA insurance for her (through a reimbursement of my work). We're filling out paperwork for the kids (they're ages 8-13). I'm going to go without for the time being. The cost is too much. We have some tough lingering debt issues that we're working to resolve (light is showing up in the tunnel, but still a ways to go). Somehow we'll survive. We are a family of deep faith, and trust there's a plan behind all this. I guess most of us want life to be predictable, and it's moments like this in which we realize we're just not in control...

It has us wondering about the future. We moved to Florida 10 years ago because of my work (church related). We don't really have any friends and our families are in Ohio and Indiana. You'd think being surrounded by Christian people that wouldn't be the case, but it's a lonely lifestyle we have as a ministry family. I've never really touted that here as people tend to label you. But we're just at a crossroads right now, trying to assess what's next.

She has a job interview slated for sometime this week - but it's close to an hour's commute. Might have to use this as a band-aid - not sure. (And on top of this our 2nd vehicle had a breakdown on Sunday that had to be towed. Just have to love life).

On top of all this, my Celtics are really gonna stink this year...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2013, 01:56 AM   #762
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yeah, newspapers are dying, have been for many years now. My hometown paper closed up shop only a few years after the internet was widely available. Times are just tough all around, wages have been falling for 30 years now. My brother has a degree in graphic design, he only makes $13 an hour. This is in a major city (Raleigh, NC). I'm 37 years old and I've only had health insurance for two years of my adult life. Right now my daughter has no insurance. We make just a little too much for programs like Schip but there is no way I can afford my work plan. It's just the two of us but I would have to buy the family plan that's really meant for a wife and multiple kids. Oh, I know the joys of a car repair at the most inopportune times. Every time I go for an oil change I end up spending a few hundred as they always find some problem. And then there are just the random times my car breaks down, most recently the alternator went while I was on a 400 mile drive. Had to get a hotel and pay for a tow (Why I don't have AAA after all the times this car has let me sit is beyond me, sometimes I'm an idiot). My car has 155,000 miles, I'm hoping it will last a few more years. The only thing that has saved me is one of my best friends who makes about half a million a year (must be nice). Luckily he's always there for a loan-if I really need it.

Do you read Bill Simmons? He's one of my favorite basketball writers. He's also a Celtics fan and he seems to be talking himself into the Kelly Olynyk era. Apparently he showed some promise in summer league. But yeah, it's not looking good for the Celts. It was just a few years ago though that you were similar shape and Garnett and Ray fell into your lap. Ainge is shrewd, who knows what he can pull off. I wonder what happens with Rondo? I'm a Sixers fan and we are in total tank mode. It's a great year to do it though with Wiggins looming in the draft.

Anyway, best of luck to you, everything will work out somehow...
Old 09-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #763
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Thank you... Again, I really appreciate the kind thoughts here...

Also, I will be posting what I believe to be the "FINAL" sliders for 2K11 later. I tweaked a few more things, and now feel the fluidity is even better. I know the numbers will look screwy, but the animations really come to life, and the simulation aspect is perfect for me. Should post them tonight...
Old 09-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #764
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Thank you... Again, I really appreciate the kind thoughts here...

Also, I will be posting what I believe to be the "FINAL" sliders for 2K11 later. I tweaked a few more things, and now feel the fluidity is even better. I know the numbers will look screwy, but the animations really come to life, and the simulation aspect is perfect for me. Should post them tonight...
Thanks, Mike! For those wondering, I'm still playing on All-Star level and the sliders work just fine on that difficulty, too.
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Old 09-27-2013, 12:52 AM   #765
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Page 1 - Post 1 updated. I use these for ALL my roster files, and the gameplay is challenging, but fair. I've seen just about all types of outcomes. These have been tested to the max, and provide me with the most sim-like basketball experience I've ever had. As stated, some of the numbers look quirky, but just trust them. Animations are amazing, and each one has been tested with a specific purpose in mind. I've probably tried over a thousand combinations and finally arrived here. Hope you enjoy them!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2013, 05:55 AM   #766
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Page 1 - Post 1 updated. I use these for ALL my roster files, and the gameplay is challenging, but fair. I've seen just about all types of outcomes. These have been tested to the max, and provide me with the most sim-like basketball experience I've ever had. As stated, some of the numbers look quirky, but just trust them. Animations are amazing, and each one has been tested with a specific purpose in mind. I've probably tried over a thousand combinations and finally arrived here. Hope you enjoy them!
I'm jealous. We need you back at 2K13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 09-27-2013, 09:37 AM   #767
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

OVR: 0

Sorry to hear about your wife Mike. I know a few people going through this and believe me you'll get through it. Sounds simple, but you will. Companies always downsizing or relocating. It's a tough world out there. You mind if I ask what you do? I'm just curious because you sound like a really bright guy that should have a decent job. And don't say you don't have many friends with your chosen lifestyle....you got many here at OS!
Old 09-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #768
Rookie

OVR: 0

Thanks for posting, looking forward to trying these. 2k11 is an excellent game, even better with your sliders.

Are you getting realistic offensive rebounding results with these? The only big flaw in this game, it seems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »