Home

mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %) within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2014, 07:29 PM   #785
MVP

MavsManiac4Life's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhslancers
The only thing 11 is missing is the right stick dribble. In genereal my stick skills are so bad I can't do most of the advanced stuff w/o that. 11 is still a great game though. Thanks for updating these.
Same here, if 11' had right stick dribbling, I'd be playing i a lot more, I can only really do basic stuff, sometimes it's tough to get past my opponent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2014, 02:45 PM   #786
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Imo, it's all about avoiding that "bump" you get from the defender and having good spacing. If you Iso in the middle of the floor and let your teammates clear out, you can get by a lot easier. I use LT/L2 and back in almost all Iso situations to create that space first before I make my move. Then I hit em with a hezzy or a crossover and if you have a player with a high layup rating, get into that euro/hopstep/spin layup animation early. I do some of the same things on 2K14 but the blow bys are just easier on that game. You dont always have to string together a series of moves to get to the rim.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 03-20-2014, 11:26 AM   #787
Rookie

OVR: 3
Icon14 Re: mkharsh33 - NBA 2K11 - ALL STAR Sliders (12 min...real player %)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsManiac4Life
Same here, if 11' had right stick dribbling, I'd be playing i a lot more, I can only really do basic stuff, sometimes it's tough to get past my opponent.

I actually went in and looked at the control schemes Alternate B allows you to right stick dribble
Old 04-15-2014, 10:59 AM   #788
Just started!

OVR: 0

Sorry i can not make my own thread yet so i will ask here for the old school ballers like the MJ lovers and magic johnson larry bird ppl do you prefer 2k11 or 2k14?
Old 04-15-2014, 11:31 AM   #789
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obie79
Sorry i can not make my own thread yet so i will ask here for the old school ballers like the MJ lovers and magic johnson larry bird ppl do you prefer 2k11 or 2k14?
I am 41 years old - so I will say emphatically that I'm an "old school" / "classic hoops" person. I grew up watching the NBA, and have clear recollections of the game from when I was around 10 years old, which would have been 1982.

I personally believe the "golden age" of the NBA was from 1984 to around 1996. After that time frame, the game began to change, and in my opinion, it was a negative direction. A few things happened:

1) Too much expansion too soon. There were too many teams that came into existence too quickly. it watered down the talent pool.

2) The removal of the 3-year mandatory stay for college basketball players before entering the draft. What happened is that forced teams, REALLY BAD TEAMS, to start drafting players players based upon their "5-year potential". So instead of drafting a player who could help you RIGHT NOW (as a bad team needs), they started taking longer-term projects with early picks. When those players didn't pan out, because they were not prepared for the NBA game, the trickle-down effect was a negative one.

3) Tinkering with the rules of the game. Most notably, the 3-point shot. For a season it was moved in. BAD MOVE. It created a new game where mediocre players were setting records of attempts because of the newer/shorter distance.

4) Way too much emphasis on defense / not enough emphasis on offense. I suppose you could blame this on Pat Riley - and that is odd. When Slick Riley was leading the Lakers, it was "ShowTime" basketball - fast paced and fun to watch. Then all of a sudden the Knicks and Heat are playing basketball like it's a wrestling match. Offense be damned... It started to destroy the game...

5) No more fast-break offense. The 80's saw high scoring games - fun to watch. Guys would run. Passing was excellent. Then the pace slowed down, and guys just stopped running.

I suppose I could ramble even more, but suffice to say, the game, in my opinion, has had a bit of a resurgence THIS season because of the faster pace of play. It's NBA basketball - I WANT to see games that have 130-125 scores. That's old-school basketball. There is still defense, but it's not a boring, suffocating type.

With all that said, I play NBA 2K11 - EXCLUSIVELY. I gave my copy of 2K14 to my kids. I'll never purchase another NBA game ever again for 2 reasons: I recognize I LOVE the old NBA. And I'm an "old" guy, so it makes sense. I'm a classic gamer, and I don't even play games of current teams anymore. Funny, but I create MLB 2K12 rosters - in the last two weeks I work on the roster file, but I NEVER play any games.

Second reason: I'm done purchasing gaming systems. I'm not forking over the money for an XboxOne or a PS4 - not my thing anymore. So NBA 2K11 is IT for me...

**Side note: I put an update for the sliders on Page 1 - Post 1 here in this thread. This game is REALLY coming TO LIFE for me. I played a game last night in which I had 14 offensive rebounds and the cpu had 11. So all the tinkering I've done I've found some things that I'm seeing now that create new stuff. I even saw a new animation last night that I had never seen in playing this game.

**Side note 2: In the "classic rosters / hardwood rosters" thread I've been putting some "game stories" there from the games I'm playing using my old-school NBA 2K11 rosters. I put a write-up together for random games I play from random seasons. This game will never get old for me - I will have counless games to play!! So I'm sharing those stories for anyone interested there.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:04 PM   #790
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
NBA 2K11 and 12 I still play, based solely on the work MKHarsh33 and Portlandblazer did on the rosters for both games. 2K11 has over 20 years' worth of complete classic rosters. You're not going to find that anywhere else. PB's 2K12 classic roster file is outstanding, and his edits corrected many of the game's flaws from a gameplay standpoint.

I had 2K14 but just recently traded it in. 2K Share is a complete mess, and has been the past 2 years. I'm not sure why 2K put so many restrictions on what was a great feature.

MK's post above really highlights why I prefer 2K11-12 over 13-14, too. 13 was just strange with all the Jay-Z presentation and 14 is pretty much the same game minus the Jay-Z influence. 13-14 it's far too easy to just bully your way into the paint and score or draw a foul. I feel like 11-12 forced you to at least try and play a particular style of basketball based on the team you selected.

I do think the modern game has improved the past 3-4 years, but man, there's a lot of bad teams in the NBA. Like MK said, too much expansion and too many players leaving college early for the NBA. Guys like Tyler Ennis and Jerami Grant from Syracuse should not be declaring for the draft. They will likely be busts in the NBA because their games aren't ready for the next level. If they were to play another 2 years at Syracuse, maybe my opinion would change.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 04-16-2014, 08:59 AM   #791
Just started!

im going with 2k12 thanks you two!Anyone got good sliders for it or can point me in the right direction? Sorry for derailing your topic mkharsh i wish i could make my own.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2014, 06:50 PM   #792
Just started!

Quote:
im going with 2k12 thanks you two!Anyone got good sliders for it or can point me in the right direction? Sorry for derailing your topic mkharsh i wish i could make my own.
Anyone any recommendations?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »