Old 01-25-2012, 04:49 PM   #193
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Authentic's NBA 2K12 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillendreher
What was your FG%? In 3 games mine has always been too high
Mine has varied from about 42%-56%. With the Bulls, I should be able to shoot 50+. They have nights when they shoot 60%+. I am about to load my V1.0 sliders and see how they play, haha.
Old 01-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #194
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
The free throws would have to do with the roster, not the sliders. I don't think Bed did much with the free throws though. I would suggest trying 1.2 if your shot percentages are too high. The default version isn't for everyone.
I've already used version 1.2 . Maybe I'll give it another shot with lowered shooting attributes
Old 01-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #195
MVP

OVR: 6

My %'s have been anywhere from 43-55%... Thing is I feel like I play about as sim as you can. With playcalling on Auto, you'll get in spots where you have to force a bad jumper up or a wild drive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2012, 03:24 AM   #196
Pro

OVR: 16

I'm really trying to play well with these sliders, but I'm just getting very frustrated right now! I'm playing with Bed's rosters and I don't know what the problem is. This is what I'm noticing:

1) Too many pump fakes by the cpu which either turn into up and unders or some other double move.

2) The passing is horrid! I don't know if this is an issue with the game, the rosters, the sliders...I have no idea!

3) Is it me, or all of the movements "canned" now? If I get a steal and I see Rose down the court and pass it to him, he catches it but his movement/momentum doesn't follow through down the court, instead he stops for a quick moment, then pushes forward. It just seems like all of the movements are over doing it somehow. The smoothness of the game isn't there from what I've been seeing.

Can someone help me out?

Join the MOVEment -- RespeKt My Gamer
Old 01-26-2012, 04:08 AM   #197
Pro

OVR: 8

The worst shooting team in the NBA is Washington at 39.4%. The best shooting team is the Heat at 48.6%. The other teams are somewhere in between so most nights teams will shoot anywhere from say 41-47%.

I think on some level though it might be frustrating for people to only have there team shoot in the low to mid 40's because that usually means lots of missed layups and shots.
Old 01-26-2012, 04:24 AM   #198
All Star

authentic's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by elementz09
I'm really trying to play well with these sliders, but I'm just getting very frustrated right now! I'm playing with Bed's rosters and I don't know what the problem is. This is what I'm noticing:

1) Too many pump fakes by the cpu which either turn into up and unders or some other double move.

2) The passing is horrid! I don't know if this is an issue with the game, the rosters, the sliders...I have no idea!

3) Is it me, or all of the movements "canned" now? If I get a steal and I see Rose down the court and pass it to him, he catches it but his movement/momentum doesn't follow through down the court, instead he stops for a quick moment, then pushes forward. It just seems like all of the movements are over doing it somehow. The smoothness of the game isn't there from what I've been seeing.

Can someone help me out?
1. That's not me. I haven't noticed that though. That'd be a roster issue but I haven't had that problem at all.

2. The passing sliders were adjusted to get the right amount of turnovers necessary. I think it's about right. Everyone once in a while a 5 ft pass is sailed but for me it's mostly passes that are forced.

3. Movement issues are not me and I have not had this problem. I'm not sure what to tell you.

I don't really know what to give you as for advice. The game feels awesome to me. You have to really play heads up basketball. Run plays, play on ball defense and off ball at certain times. I'm about to start my Association I think using 30 team control. I suggest just trying to slow it down when you don't have numbers and pass with care. Don't force passes and don't make out of the ordinary passes. Try play as sim as you can. My last game I didn't notice anything odd. I was the Bulls and played the Mavs. I won 88-80 and both teams shot 40%. It was a real defensive matchup the whole game. I might have to mess with fouls, but that's about it. I think I had about 14 and the CPU had like 12.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:40 AM   #199
All Star

authentic's Arena

Couple things:

1. Still debating whether or not to raise foul sliders. What does everyone else think? I'm open to suggestions. This is for the 1.2 version.

2. Debating turning the passing ability up 1 click. I think maybe it could be the right combination. It's amazing what only 3 clicks does to passes.
Old 01-26-2012, 05:41 AM   #200
All Star

authentic's Arena

Also, are you guys noticing any difference in play now games and association games? I haven't really so far, but just a question. I know I test mainly in Association.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »