Home

CPU Catching a rebound=ALWAYS fastbreak

This is a discussion on CPU Catching a rebound=ALWAYS fastbreak within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
WWE 2K22 Trailer Announcement and Breakdown
EA Sports PGA TOUR to Exclusively Have All Four Majors
Next-Gen Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2: Is the Upgrade Worth It?
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-04-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
Rookie

manustyle90's Arena

OVR: 1
CPU Catching a rebound=ALWAYS fastbreak

serious issue going on, i'm playing many games and with every team, i have the cpu pushing the tempo very high and starting fastbreak EVERY TIME on defensive rebounds, loose balls and so on.
My teammates seem slower when getting back after a miss shot, while the cpu has ALWAYS someone faster going in the open court.
I've tried to mess around with speed sliders but it remains the same.
It feels like i'm playing versus an online run and gun kid...what the hell?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: CPU Catching a rebound=ALWAYS fastbreak

Adjust the sliders and see if that works. Try putting Player Speed at 40 so they do not move as fast.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #3
Rookie

manustyle90's Arena

already tried that, even with cpu at zero they always seem to find a way to cherry pick, run faster and get advance.
Sometimes it looks like they want to force a fastbreak even when they don't have numbers
Old 10-04-2012, 06:16 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by manustyle90
already tried that, even with cpu at zero they always seem to find a way to cherry pick, run faster and get advance.
Sometimes it looks like they want to force a fastbreak even when they don't have numbers
I see what you mean. Try adjusting the passing slider or hands slider. Make it so the CPU can't throw quarterback passes. Hands slider to deflect passes. Raise it to 75.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #5
Rookie

manustyle90's Arena

the problem is that i see the point guard rushing it way too often, i usually play a mid-low paced sim game and this breaks the game for me (run and gun exists of course, but not this way).
As an example, richardson is guarding dudley, after the defensive rebound by dragic dudley sprints up the floor while richardson runs normally, dudley gets in the open court>quick shot/lay-up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

The only possible fixes for this (based on 2K12 knowledge) are the Coach Profile settings for Run Plays and Fast Break. Haven't had any time to test in 2K13 yet but I'd be shocked if finding the right combination of those two settings didn't fix this issue.

2K13 is truly an arcade game. So many steps back from sim basketball this year, but I'm sure there are ways to limit the damage.
Old 10-04-2012, 10:11 PM   #7
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by manustyle90
serious issue going on, i'm playing many games and with every team, i have the cpu pushing the tempo very high and starting fastbreak EVERY TIME on defensive rebounds, loose balls and so on.
My teammates seem slower when getting back after a miss shot, while the cpu has ALWAYS someone faster going in the open court.
I've tried to mess around with speed sliders but it remains the same.
It feels like i'm playing versus an online run and gun kid...what the hell?
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
The only possible fixes for this (based on 2K12 knowledge) are the Coach Profile settings for Run Plays and Fast Break. Haven't had any time to test in 2K13 yet but I'd be shocked if finding the right combination of those two settings didn't fix this issue.

2K13 is truly an arcade game. So many steps back from sim basketball this year, but I'm sure there are ways to limit the damage.
I agree with both of you guys. I am seeing this ridiculous fast break after every rebound mess as well. This game really is starting to feel a lot more arcadey than what I would like it to. Between the horrible UI, the lack of being able to disable autosaves, the ridiculously overdone/shoved down your throat Jay-Z incorporation and some other things I am seeing, I am really beginning to question what direction 2K is really headed in with this game.

I also noticed another huge issue after missed baskets by the User. The CPU will bring the ball down court and then go into bat blank crazy mode. They will NEVER call a play, and instead will simply take their PG or SG and FORCE up a shot no matter what. The CPU will just keep spinning, crossing over, etc... repeatedly until it gets a player into the lane for a layup or a close shot. It's ridiculous. Even if you play good defense on the player with the ball, the CPU player will just keep putting his head down and try to bull his way to the basket no matter what he has to go through to get there.

For the record I am playing on All Star with Simulation sliders and I have gone into the coaching sliders and turned the Fast Break slider down to 0 and the Runs Plays up to 100, and this still happens all of the time. I am also seeing big men like Andrew Bynum be completely nonexistent no matter what sliders I try, what ratings I adjust, etc... I am really starting to believe that 2K hard codes certain player tendencies that override anything that we can tweak. I have tried a ton of things the past two days, and Jason Richardson still takes more shots than Andrew Bynum does. This just should not be happening out of the box, let alone after tweaking numerous things. How does 2K not notice this when playtesting?

Hopefully the gurus on here will find some solutions to some of these issues that I have not been able to figure out yet.

Last edited by Illustrator76; 10-05-2012 at 07:12 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:05 PM   #8
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

The issue is made worse by the absurdly terrible transition defense by every single AI controlled player. I saw it in the pre-release footage and pointed it out, but it hasn't changed at all since then. My gut told me we would see it after release.

Transition team defensive concepts are completely missing from the game. Nobody stops the ball. No identification of leak outs or "weakside" off-ball players. Guys just seem to run down their predetermined lanes with no awareness of the positioning of the offensive players.

These are the kinds of fundamental logic and scheme problems that will never be addressable via rosters, sliders, or any other user edit. Have to hope for a patch and for 2K to "get it right".

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »