Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-28-2012, 01:20 PM   #841
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

Hey guys, anyone find the pre- patch sliders extremely hard? I am currently 2-7 last 9 games with these in my association and man its really hard to take the win.I had future's pro sliders before, was 7-0, but it was too easy. I am seasoned, play the game since 2K4 I never faced such a challenge in a basketball vgame. I try to slow down the tempo, run plays, play focused d, tweak defensive settings, I am contesting shots no matter what I do the ai will destroy me in offense. I'm constantly chasing a 10-15 game lead.

Stats wise these sliders are perfect. But the overall experience is frustrating. Any ideas? How do you guys play with these sliders? Are these 'bring your A game' sliders? Sometimes I get the feeling everything is scripted no matter the sliders...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2012, 01:40 PM   #842
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by canigia
Hey guys, anyone find the pre- patch sliders extremely hard? I am currently 2-7 last 9 games with these in my association and man its really hard to take the win.I had future's pro sliders before, was 7-0, but it was too easy. I am seasoned, play the game since 2K4 I never faced such a challenge in a basketball vgame. I try to slow down the tempo, run plays, play focused d, tweak defensive settings, I am contesting shots no matter what I do the ai will destroy me in offense. I'm constantly chasing a 10-15 game lead.

Stats wise these sliders are perfect. But the overall experience is frustrating. Any ideas? How do you guys play with these sliders? Are these 'bring your A game' sliders? Sometimes I get the feeling everything is scripted no matter the sliders...
i play with the magic using these sliders and i lose a lot of close games. but the magic are one of the worst teams on the game without a true scorer sooo. the only gripe i really have with these sliders is its too hard to beat your man off the dribble. other than that i think its plays very smoothly.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #843
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
i play with the magic using these sliders and i lose a lot of close games. but the magic are one of the worst teams on the game without a true scorer sooo. the only gripe i really have with these sliders is its too hard to beat your man off the dribble. other than that i think its plays very smoothly.
I play with the rockets who are not bad. The problem is when I'm defending. They are killing me. Mid range contested 2 to 3 are going in and from players who are not that good from mid like De Rozan who dropped 37 on me. Too many threes also. No matter what I do the always have someone unmarked. Kevin Martin dropped 40 points on me. Tried to play him tight, tried to deny ball, tried to leave the cpu to defend him nothing. They are killing me on the fast break. If I miss a three its automatic- they rebound and feed it to the guard for the dunk.
Do people actually play with these sliders on a consistent basis? Are they actually winning once in a while? I am asking this because these sliders seem the most popular..
Old 11-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #844
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
I play with the rockets who are not bad. The problem is when I'm defending. They are killing me. Mid range contested 2 to 3 are going in and from players who are not that good from mid like De Rozan who dropped 37 on me. Too many threes also. No matter what I do the always have someone unmarked. Kevin Martin dropped 40 points on me. Tried to play him tight, tried to deny ball, tried to leave the cpu to defend him nothing. They are killing me on the fast break. If I miss a three its automatic- they rebound and feed it to the guard for the dunk.
Do people actually play with these sliders on a consistent basis? Are they actually winning once in a while? I am asking this because these sliders seem the most popular..
You need to use your left trigger on defense for solid positioning. I stated that set 2 was a higher difficulty set. It sounds like you should work on a hybrid set of the two combined as you're struggling on defense.

The one thing that gives me a good feeling about these sliders is that you painted a scenario that is quite realistic. The good players should stand out, so you need to key on them. But warning: get out of position with set #2 and you WILL get burned...
Old 11-28-2012, 05:21 PM   #845
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Re-read some of the posts here... One thing I'd suggest: you might want to lower the "consistency" slider for the cpu. sounds like there are a lot of close games (as has been my experience as well) - lowering this down a bit might ease up on the late play of the cpu. So the game still should be tough, but not feel cheap... just a suggestion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2012, 06:04 PM   #846
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
derozen is actually very good from mid range.

but anyway, what roster are you using? im using bedwards roster and the players all play pretty true to their real life counterparts. and i dont see a lot of cpu fast breaking either. i also dont have the cpu raining 3's on me either. they usually shoot in the low 30's from 3 against me.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #847
Rookie

OVR: 0

will you be updating the sliders with patch changes or just keeping it overall same?
Old 11-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #848
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
You need to use your left trigger on defense for solid positioning. I stated that set 2 was a higher difficulty set. It sounds like you should work on a hybrid set of the two combined as you're struggling on defense.

The one thing that gives me a good feeling about these sliders is that you painted a scenario that is quite realistic. The good players should stand out, so you need to key on them. But warning: get out of position with set #2 and you WILL get burned...
Yeah its true, I'm getting out of position too often. With other sets I could get away with it most of the times. I am thinking to what extent this is influenced by the camera- I am playing broadcast and not 2k so its harder to make correct judgments with the left stick and the trigger.

And yeah good players stand out its just I haven't found ways to stop them . Are you always guarding the player with the ball, mkharsh?

Thanks for the input. I'm really into mastering this set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »