Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #857
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

hi mkharsh33, do you think your sliders (2nd set) need a restyling after the patch? i noticed that many cpu well contested shots go in, on the contrary i miss many uncontested Jumpers. Also OffB continue to be a problem, cpu grabs at least 14/15 offB over me.
Last question, why a so high difference between user/cpu consistency slider? tnx man
Old 11-29-2012, 12:31 PM   #858
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by san_antonio_spurs
Hi, this is my first time posting here, i´ve been using the second slider set in my association playing as the san antonio spurs and i´ve had a lot of fun, but it seems that too often the end result is me blowing out the other teams, and then the game gets boring. The problem is that when i try to play in a higher difficulty the game feels too cheap. Do you guys think that this is because the spurs are a top 5 team in the game so it should be easier to win using them? any suggestions
1) it's a video game
2) you're using the spurs
3) sometimes reality and video gaming never give you the desired outcome
Old 11-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #859
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldkevin
hi mkharsh33, do you think your sliders (2nd set) need a restyling after the patch? i noticed that many cpu well contested shots go in, on the contrary i miss many uncontested Jumpers. Also OffB continue to be a problem, cpu grabs at least 14/15 offB over me.
Last question, why a so high difference between user/cpu consistency slider? tnx man
I'd suggest using a hybrid of sets 1 and 2 together. I can't make any more adjustments as I'm trying to create these for guys in the middle of the curve. Your issues stem from personal skill level - I'm not seeing what you are, so I can't re-create them based upon your individual needs. You've noted your issues here - so fix what YOU need.

So for YOU the following is suggested:
- lowering the cpu shooting values by one click
- raising your user shooting values by one click (depending on the spots on the floor you're missing from)
- lowering the cpu offensive rebounding by a couple clicks

And with regard to consistency - the discrepancy is needed. If you raise them too much, you'll start seeing shooting percentages that look nothing like simulation basketball. Hope this helps...
Old 11-29-2012, 12:56 PM   #860
EA Game Changer

simfballcritic's Arena

OVR: 2

@mkharsh33 Just a quick question for you man, and I apologize if you answered this already. Why is Attack the Basket and Back door cuts at 0? I've played with your slider set and the game seems to play great, just wondering what you found out that caused you to put those tendencies at 0.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #861
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by simfballcritic
@mkharsh33 Just a quick question for you man, and I apologize if you answered this already. Why is Attack the Basket and Back door cuts at 0? I've played with your slider set and the game seems to play great, just wondering what you found out that caused you to put those tendencies at 0.
It's over done in in this game... Guys will automatically cut back door because the game seems to be programmed to get every player to the rim. You can change them at your own risk, but the last thing I want from a basketball game is a layup or dunk fest. I'm no grand authority, so if you want to change them in your personal settings please do so. These are just a base, but all my testing found guys going to the rim way too often, and many times you felt powerless to stop the cpu's continual driving and wide open backdoor layups. Part of the issue is raising the hands slider or denying the wing pass slider (whatever it's officially called). Guys would drastically OVERplay the denial, thus leaving guys wide open for layups. It's also a bad thing for post play - low post defenders will try for the steal way too often, leaving the low post big man for easy and uncontested shots. These sliders are designed based upon the flow of game and player movement - stats come later. I'm into player physics first and then we'll fix statistical errors. Those were lowered because of what I was seeing on the floor - and continual slo-motion replays using slider changes.

I'll play one or two games when developing my slider set, but I'll slow those games down watching countless replays which will take me 5 or 6 hours to develop my set. I think there's a reason why people enjoy using my sliders because of the attention I put into player movement/physics. Not that others don't do this, but they start with stats and THEN try to fix things. In my opinion, that's bass ackwards... You have to get the physics correct first and THEN fix stats stuff. Even with this new patch, which didn't change much with regard to actual game play, it's still an issue that needs fixed with those sliders zeroed out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #862
EA Game Changer

simfballcritic's Arena

OVR: 2

I appreciate your reply and explanation man. You're sliders play great, I was just curious what method you used to determine your sliders. I think I'll finally be able to start an offline association, I'm using your Set 2 sliders BTW.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:32 PM   #863
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3

anyone use these with User Timing shooting? any suggestions as far as shooting sliders go?
Old 11-29-2012, 03:08 PM   #864
Rookie

OVR: 1

just out of curiosity, how often are you guys getting in-game injuries? i've played plenty of games and haven't had the first one. My players only get injured when i simulate to my next game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »