Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2012, 01:55 AM   #1033
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

I have no problem with anyone critiquing the sliders - that's the point of posting them, and realizing that a LOT of what went into developing these was my understanding of 2K basketball games, and the community providing feedback - shoot, I tweaked them many times based upon what OTHERS were seeing, so this isn't my "precious little slider set" that I have to kiss and hug and protect...

But when the poster who complained about these in the manner he did provided absolutely NOTHING of value. Apparently he doesn't know how to pass or box out (using the left trigger for positioning) - so he complains without providing potential fixes.

As stated here numerous times, I've tried to give back here to OS something that will make this game fun, sim-like, and challenging. I don't even play this game much anymore, as my goal was to provide sliders and a roster set. I try to give feedback to those who post here - those I deem worthy of a reply. But I refuse to dignify stupidity, which is what that poster provided. I deemed it was more his inability to play the game correctly than it was the sliders. I also provided (a few pages ago) my rationale for the passing sliders. Now, some don't like it... BUT, watch any NBA games lately? See some REALLY stupid passes or really dumb decisions? I could provide several youtube links on boneheaded passes in an NBA game. I wanted to capture that... Will bad things happen to you if you force things? You bet... So the sliders provided here are simply a base set - tweak to fit your needs. But if you're gonna bash away - just hold it in and move on. There are no stupid questions - but there are stupid comments, and I'll provide my feedback on those type of comments as I decipher what is being said. Re-read his posts and you'll see NOTHING of value to help us here... If that gets me in trouble - so be it. It won't be my loss, but the community's, as I've done nothing but provide rosters and sliders for each of the 4 major sports. I think I know what I'm doing, and I also have a deep respect and appreciation for the intelligent members here at OS, and this community is important to me - it's why I do this.

I believe these sliders are very solid, and they've been tested repeatedly, and built with a lot of input from others... If someone doesn't like them, just move along and find or build a set that works for you...
Old 12-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #1034
Rookie

ukslamjam's Arena

OVR: 10

I've recently come back to the game as I've not had much gaming time, family matters come first. I'm enjoying the challenge that these sliders give me and to be honest its just a computer game, so I try not to get too frustrated.

I have to admit I spend a long time learning the basics before I even play a full game, these games are expensive and I like to get the most out of them. If these or any sliders for that matter don't work for you, DON'T come on here and give the guys hell. This isn't aimed at anyone in particular it's just common sense.

I love to hate this community sometimes but we usually all get there in the end.

I wish you all a very Christmas and a happy new year all the way from Nottingham, England.

Peace to all!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:18 AM   #1035
Rookie

OVR: 3

mkharsh33, do not waste time explaining to those who can only complain without understanding the reason of their problems. I think your sliders are the best around and since everyone has different gaming experience you have to make small adjustments to solve them. Many of us do not know what does a particular slider and that's why we ask to slidermakers like you to figure out which sliders we have to change to have the desired effect.
I asked you in a past post how to solve my problem of low scores, maybe you have not seen it

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldkevin
I have a problem mkharsh33, now I have played more than 15 games in my association with your sliders and what I'm about to say has happened in every single match.

I premise that i play 12 min qrt.

The first half both me and the cpu have a very low percentage from the field, something like 35/38%, first halves end up with a score that does not reach 40 points. In the second half the percentages get a sharp increase, especially by the cpu which can score 60% FG, particularly in the third quarter. The increase in FG%, however, does not balance the score of the first half and so the games end with very low scores, the average of my association is of 87.3 points maded and 86.5 conceded, I averaged 44% FG and 30% 3pt. Again, this has happened in every game I've played. What sliders do you recommend to change to get the final scores higher? I would not upset the flaw of the game because I am very satisfied with all statistics (except blocks), I just wish the game ended with more real scores and FG%.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2012, 10:21 AM   #1036
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

It almost sounds like something coded in the game... Meaning: the cpu, because of the real player % is getting the numbers to correlate - but I don't know... You could try upping the consistency slider and see what that does. But I'm not sure there's anything to combat this. Even in a real NBA game you can see strange anomalies from quarter to quarter or half to half. I'm not sure raising the shooting attributes will help this. The points scored and shooting % you provided look good, so at least the outcome is within range. You might consider raising your minutes to 12 for a sample of 5-8 games and see what that might do for you as well....
Old 12-17-2012, 10:26 AM   #1037
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm still playing with an un-patched game and using the pre-patch sliders, so unfortunately my comments won't be as relevant as they could be. I'm 23 games into a season, playing as the Celtics, and have a record of 20-3 (using the harder slider set). This is pretty comparable to the real Thunder's 19-4 record, also best in the league, so that's pretty decent so far. Everyone's stats seem to be balanced, pierce at 21 ppg, garnett at 16. If anything I'm still trying to figure out how to score with rondo, but I'm getting better; he's averaging close to 10ppg over the last 7 games.

I find that I keep bumping the CPU O-board slider up. The real Celts are allowing their opponents to grab nearly 25% of available Oboards. With sliders at 45, then 47, my opponents were still grabbing under 20%. I bumped up the slider to 49, but I'm dangerously close to the default 50 here. I'm beginning to think that maybe people just didn't know how to rebound when the game came out so they were freaking out about a perceived OBoard advantage for the CPU? Or else maybe the real Celtics suck really bad on Oboards....which they do, but maybe they suck really, really, really bad.

For fun I popped in 2k11 over the weekend, a game I must've logged over 500 hours on. Wow, what a difference. I don't know if I've been brainwashed by 2k13, but now I find 2k11 really arcadey. On speed 50, it runs at about 2x the speed of 2k13 on speed 55. And this is weird to say, but the controls on 2k11 feel really unrealistic now, specifically the way the player immediately responds to your analog stick. I know, I know, it's like I'm lauding 2k13 for its ****ty controls. But I have to say, it's just tons more realistic. 2k11 feels like NBA Jam to me now, w/r/t the controls. Plus all that player contact I was bitching about before? I grudgingly admit that also feels "right" now, and having almost no contact (like with 2k11) feels arcadey. Although, they really have to either remove or greatly lessen hit detection when someone's in the air. You can pump fake someone to jump up and be unable to drive past them because they are "blocking" you with their body in mid-air. I don't know if I've ever really seen that happen in a real NBA game.

Ultimately, these are great sliders mkharsh. Thanks for the hard work you've put into them.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:31 AM   #1038
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

baffles my mind how people will take time to just bash a slider set if they dont like it. that accomplishes nothing. there are plenty of sets on here created by a bunch of guys who take the time (for free) to share findings and suggestions with us. more than enough knowledge to settle on a set or create your own.

still enjoying these sliders immensely
Old 12-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #1039
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
It almost sounds like something coded in the game... Meaning: the cpu, because of the real player % is getting the numbers to correlate - but I don't know... You could try upping the consistency slider and see what that does. But I'm not sure there's anything to combat this. Even in a real NBA game you can see strange anomalies from quarter to quarter or half to half. I'm not sure raising the shooting attributes will help this. The points scored and shooting % you provided look good, so at least the outcome is within range. You might consider raising your minutes to 12 for a sample of 5-8 games and see what that might do for you as well....
I already play 12 min , the fact is that it happens to me every game, you say that points scored look good? mmmm...i do not know, i use denver and they scored 104 ppg last year.

Maybe I'm saying something stupid but what about reducing defensive awareness? In which range do you finish your games normally?
Old 12-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #1040
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

I haven't played this game in 3 weeks, and I only test sliders in association mode - I don't play that mode. Sorry, not much help here. I basically wanted to create a slider set, but I haven't touched this game. I play 2K11 every night, and LOVE it - 2K13 is a nice game, but not my flavor... sorry. Maybe others can help you out...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »