Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

just a question on attribs raised to 100 or 0.

i've read a post here in the past that if you raise or lower them too much, eventually all the players end up having the same ratings.
for example at "Blocking" raised to 100, guys like D.Cousins with 76 and Deandre Jordan with 95 all just become guys with maxed out blocking at 100.
same goes for lowering attribs to zero.
lowering BHing slider to 0, guys like S.Marion -61 and J.Green-50 eventually end up at the same 25.

any insight would be helpful.

thank you

Last edited by wangjaz; 10-11-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2012, 12:05 PM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangjaz
just a question on attribs raised to 100 or 0.

i've read a post here in the past that if you raise or lower them too much, eventually all the players end up having the same ratings.
for example at "Blocking" raised to 100, guys like D.Cousins with 76 and Deandre Jordan with 95 all just become guys with maxed out blocking at 100.
same goes for lowering attribs to zero.
lowering BHing slider to 0, guys like S.Marion -61 and J.Green-50 eventually end up at the same 25.

any insight would be helpful.

thank you
So...what's the question? Yes, that happens.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #107
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

The latest questions...

- these were never tested in "my career" so I have no idea how they'll play. It's been user vs. cpu.

- I don't think I'd raise "look for post players" all that high. what I WOULD suggest (for those not seeing the offensive rebounds going back up) would be this: raise the POST SHOTS higher. Why? Because "look for post players" will mean the offense will at least, in the flow of their plays, look down low for guys posting up. That will not (at least to my thinking) make them go back up strong following rebounds. BUT: raising POST SHOTS should make them go back up because you're raising the TYPE of shot. So try that (maybe up to 45 or 50).

- raising tendencies or attributes will not change the individual players... It only increases it within the flow of the game. The problem we're seeing is this: it appears the actual PLAYERS and ROSTERS have more input into the game than in years past. The sliders don't seem all that touchy to me. The only thing we're trying to decrease is 1) points in the paint and 2) the continued layup/dunk fest from the fast breaks. We're trying to increase 1) blocked shots and 2) fouls - this will have an impact on shooting percentages.

- for the poster not getting enough of a challenge from the cpu: lower your consistency (or keep it the same) but RAISE the cpu's. Trust me, that will get the cpu going. OR: raise the cpu's offensive awareness. OR: lower your on-ball defense. I don't know your style of play, so that's a part of slider creating that I can't really take into account.

Think I've covered the latest posts. I haven't touched this game in 2 days - just too much going on. Thanks for the feedback and hope my comments back are of help.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:46 PM   #108
Rookie

B Easy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuice00
Having played a couple games with these sliders, one thing that sticks out is that they appear to be very guard/wing-dominant in terms of shooting numbers. I played against the Suns and while I don't remember the exact #s off the top of my head, I'm not sure either Gortat or Scola had more than 5 FGA's apiece, while Shannon Brown and Michael Beasley each shot the ball roughly 20 times.

For something a bit more recent, just finished playing as the Nets against the Knicks and here any the FGAs for NYK:
Melo: 13-24
JR Smith: 3-21
Felton: 6-9
Shumpert: 3-7
Brewer: 2-7
Stoudemire: 2-7
Camby: 3-5
Chandler: 1-1

Seems very weighed towards guards. Also, I've noticed every game there's one guard (JR Smith, Beasley, OJ Mayo) who jacks 10+ 3-pointers. Not sure how to go about fixing this issue and getting the post players a bit more involved, but I thought it was worth noting. I'd be curious what the selection looks like against a post-centric team like Utah.
I've always noticed this in 2k games. The PGs,SGs, and SFs dominate the ball. regardless of slider settings.

It might just be the way the game is programmed.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:49 PM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 1

@Mkkarsh33

greats sliders set, really good job !!! thanks a lot for that !!!

but just a small question: page 1 for the consistency, you put 25/30 and say that if the cpu shooting % is too high, we have to decrease it to 25

by shooting % you mean the shooting frequency or the shooting success?
Old 10-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #110
Rookie

OVR: 0

This game is just totally messed up. I tried tons of sliders and nothing, mkharsh thanks for trying to fix this but the game is just wrong. 2k12 is peace of **** but honestly whit the slider set that I use 2k12 feels much much better than 2k13.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:12 PM   #111
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wangjaz
for me, i've been blowing out the CPU the past 4 games or so. These weren't against teams like the bobcats either.
I'm playing on MyCareer as NO's PG btw.
cpu FG% 30-39, i'm like FG% 56-65
also, I'm playing at game speed 50, and I've lowered my Q minutes to 8. been having 90-129 games so far.
other than the blowouts, overall the stats have been OK, with lesser CPU guards driving to the hoop, lower fastbreaks, and PiP in the 20s.
i thought you couldnt adjust sliders for mycareer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #112
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by metzger
This game is just totally messed up. I tried tons of sliders and nothing, mkharsh thanks for trying to fix this but the game is just wrong. 2k12 is peace of **** but honestly whit the slider set that I use 2k12 feels much much better than 2k13.
Oh i couldnt disagree more!
To me 2k13 is light years ahead of 2k12.
2K12 became very boring and stale to me very quickly.
I am absolutely loving 2k13, I am not kidding when i tell you this just may be my favorite sports game ever.
I am having a blast with this game!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »