Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #1145
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

Can i use this slider set 2 with pro difficulty ?

And i don't understand this "Game Style Custom (start by inputting at "All Star / Simulation")" So i should set custom or sim ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #1146
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
The game plays horribly with certain sliders below 50 - so I guess the game is broken?

How so? Which sliders? and how far below 50? If you mean like 0 or 5, then yes, as it would be due to the lowering of all players (bottoming out) around 25, again negating ratings.

Why would maxing all players out in an attribute make the game better? If so, then why have ratings if (you, not you personally but in-general) are adjusting them to be all the same? Should 2k go APF2k8 style and just have skills if ratings don't matter?

If people would just up the difficulty and then adjust back down to negate the CPU boosts then they would see better outcomes, imo.

1) the game would be harder, due to USER timing windows being decreased (meaning YOU have to get better).
2) the CPU would be better, due to the CPU getting a decrease in reaction times. (not verified if true by 2k, but its logical that the CPU would get "faster" in reaction time as diff. goes up)

Last edited by JasonWilliams55; 01-03-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:45 PM   #1147
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt8605
well with using these sliders, I am getting great results. I play with the Rockets in offline association.

I played against the Thunder and got blown out by 30. I thought, "these sliders have OKC players all maxed out". But I tried my next game against the Hawks and won. This is exactly what happened in real life with the Rockets this season.

At the end of the day, if I see all players having 99 in rebounding, etc. but still get realistic results and stats, I'm good. And thats what I'm getting with these sliders.

I think these are good sliders.
If u think guards jumping and getting the rebounds from bigs is normal then I don't know what to say,
Old 01-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #1148
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
If u think guards jumping and getting the rebounds from bigs is normal then I don't know what to say,
Well see thats the thing. I havent been seeing that. Besides, if you arent boxing out and playing actual defense (which is what these sliders force you to do) then yes they will do this. Besides, if the season stats show guards in the top 10 in rebounds during association then maybe these sliders arent good. but it doesnt happen.

Lastly, the games I've played have been great and i've been winning and losing like I'm suppose to
Old 01-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #1149
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

At the end of the day these sliders give me great games. Do the guards jump a bit high? Yeah, maybe so... But Last night I played a game and the stats played out perfectly - my bigs rebounded great and the guards got but a few. As stated, I'm not changing anything...if you don't like them, 1) tweak to fit your needs, or 2) go try another set, or 3) create your own and share them.

And to the poster above about raising sliders above 50 - sometimes you have to do that in order to get the CHALLENGE you need. Why would I lower a slider just to get a picture on my tv screen of in-game attributes to look better when the game is playing perfectly fine? The longer you play 2K basketball (or any other sports video game) the better you get. I've been playing these games for years - the only way to get the simulated-challenge is to raise certain sliders, some significantly... It's a moot point for me...
Old 01-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #1150
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
At the end of the day these sliders give me great games. Do the guards jump a bit high? Yeah, maybe so... But Last night I played a game and the stats played out perfectly - my bigs rebounded great and the guards got but a few. As stated, I'm not changing anything...if you don't like them, 1) tweak to fit your needs, or 2) go try another set, or 3) create your own and share them.

And to the poster above about raising sliders above 50 - sometimes you have to do that in order to get the CHALLENGE you need.
Why would I lower a slider just to get a picture on my tv screen of in-game attributes to look better when the game is playing perfectly fine? The longer you play 2K basketball (or any other sports video game) the better you get. I've been playing these games for years - the only way to get the simulated-challenge is to raise certain sliders, some significantly... It's a moot point for me...
So raising difficulty doesn't do anything? But all in all, only thing that matters is that you have a good time playing the game.

Last edited by JasonWilliams55; 01-03-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #1151
Banned

mkharsh33 please answer for my questions ;( It's very important for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2013, 04:49 PM   #1152
Rookie

OVR: 2

My only question is are these for the default roster or for another roster, I have played with this slider set and it seems that scores are coming out a little low and I am using Bedwardsroy 19 roster set.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »