Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-03-2013, 07:54 PM   #1153
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

I just went through each team and looked at their rebound leaders in my current Pacers Assocation and Jason Richardson is the ONLY guard that is top 3 on his team in rebounding, but he only has 5.2 rebounds a game which is fine(he got 5.1 in real life a few years ago). Andre Iguodala has the most rebounds for a guard at 6.9. I looked at his career stats and he had 6.1 last year and 6.5 in 09'-'10. Next is Paul George with 6.4. At 6'10 and incredibly athletic, he SHOULD be getting rebounds as he is in real life with 7.3 this year. After that it drops down to 5.6 for guards and that's Jason Kidd and 5.6 is actually low for him going off of his career averages.

I don't see an issue. The numbers look fine to me. And these sliders play outstanding. In 3 of my last 5 games I got beat by the Nuggets 96-95 with a buzzer beating 2 pointer by Ty Lawson(they missed the first shot, got the rebound and he kicked it out to Lawson who was wide open), beat the Jazz in OT in probably the best NBA I've ever played(biggest lead in the game was 7 points) and 2 games after that I lost to the Spurs in 3 ****ing overtimes.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Last edited by z Revis; 01-03-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #1154
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoachvandever
My only question is are these for the default roster or for another roster, I have played with this slider set and it seems that scores are coming out a little low and I am using Bedwardsroy 19 roster set.
mkharsh has his own rosters that he created and I'm sure that's what he is using. They are for 360 though.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 01-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #1155
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by messinho28
mkharsh33 please answer for my questions ;( It's very important for me.
you could play these with pro difficulty - I don't know... they weren't tested on that level. you just enter the numbers - don't worry about anything else. as soon as you change the values they become "custom" sliders.

in the coach profiles you can change a LOT of coaching values... It's under options and coaching profiles. you'll see each coach and a bunch of categories you can change. this is a ROSTER save, and NOT a settings/sliders save. hope this helps...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2013, 08:10 PM   #1156
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWilliams55
So raising difficulty doesn't do anything? But all in all, only thing that matters is that you have a good time playing the game.
Not sure what you mean by this comment - but what I know is that the sliders create a simulation experience. sometimes I win and sometimes I lose, but the numbers always look really good. I don't really care what happens in-game...it has no bearing on the outcome. appreciate you sharing what you did, and i had read that several weeks ago... but in all my testing it did nothing to the outcome, so like i said, it's a moot point. take care...
Old 01-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #1157
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
you could play these with pro difficulty - I don't know... they weren't tested on that level. you just enter the numbers - don't worry about anything else. as soon as you change the values they become "custom" sliders.

in the coach profiles you can change a LOT of coaching values... It's under options and coaching profiles. you'll see each coach and a bunch of categories you can change. this is a ROSTER save, and NOT a settings/sliders save. hope this helps...
Sliders doesn't work in My-Player Mode, yes ?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #1158
MVP

JasonWilliams55's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
And to the poster above about raising sliders above 50 - sometimes you have to do that in order to get the CHALLENGE you need. The longer you play 2K basketball (or any other sports video game) the better you get. I've been playing these games for years - the only way to get the simulated-challenge is to raise certain sliders, some significantly... It's a moot point for me...
Quote:
So raising difficulty doesn't do anything? But all in all, only thing that matters is that you have a good time playing the game.
Quote:
Not sure what you mean by this comment - but what I know is that the sliders create a simulation experience. sometimes I win and sometimes I lose, but the numbers always look really good. I don't really care what happens in-game...it has no bearing on the outcome. appreciate you sharing what you did, and i had read that several weeks ago... but in all my testing it did nothing to the outcome, so like i said, it's a moot point. take care...
You stated that the only way to increase difficulty is to raise sliders, I asked why not raise the difficulty (All-Star, SS, HOF) instead.

Also the game engine supplies the simulation experience not your sliders. The game engine is built to have outcomes similar to NBA statistics, sliders are only for tweaking without breaking the engine (which in reality all it {sliders} does is alter ratings/tendencies of the rosters).

You don't care what happens in-game and it has no bearing on the outcome of a game? This makes no sense to me. In all your testing it did nothing, what did nothing? Care to elaborate on what you meant?

Last edited by JasonWilliams55; 01-03-2013 at 09:53 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:57 PM   #1159
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by messinho28
Sliders doesn't work in My-Player Mode, yes ?
don't know...i've never played that mode. sorry.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #1160
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
You stated that the only way to increase difficulty is to raise sliders, I asked why not raise the difficulty (All-Star, SS, HOF) instead.

Also the game engine supplies the simulation experience not your sliders. The game engine is built to have outcomes similar to NBA statistics, sliders are only for tweaking without breaking the engine (which in reality all it {sliders} does is alter ratings/tendencies of the rosters).

You don't care what happens in-game and it has no bearing on the outcome of a game? This makes no sense to me. In all your testing it did nothing, what did nothing? Care to elaborate on what you meant?
You seem pretty hell-bent on this... Look, I'm not raising the difficulty level because then it's back to the drawing board. If I take your advice, and don't raise anything above 50 (or close to it) then I'll have to start from scratch. If I'm getting the desired results I want, as many others here are, why would I want to start over? The "game engine" isn't the only thing that creates the results - things like rosters, personal ability, slider tweaks - ALL of these work. That's why one guy can play on pro and struggle and another guy play of HOF and succeed - you cannot just remove personal ability. That's what sliders do - they add the personal ability factor, along with certain tweaks where the user or cpu needs a boost or lowering. If the game was good out of the box, as you presume it is, there would be no need for sliders. Not true - EVERY sports game needs slider tweaks... I just don't get what you're trying to say, as it doesn't hold water.

I get it - you're pushing this concept. But it won't work - I'm not going to change anything just to make you happy - this set works, and a ton of people are enjoying them. Sorry, I'm not trying to be a prick, I just don't why you're pushing this agenda here, thinking I'm going to start over... I'm not - I've already sunk a LOT of time into creating these sliders. But thanks for sharing and I hope you create a set that others can consider - the more options, the better for everyone. You do NOT need to reply - just provide for us your slider set in a new thread - that would be the best option as I'm not going to play this game with you because I do not share you premise on sliders. Thanks....

EDIT: I see you have a slider set... I'd kindly ask that you focus on your set - what I've provided is what the set will be. If you're happy with yours, then I don't understand your incessant need to post here. Appreciate it...

Last edited by mkharsh33; 01-03-2013 at 11:06 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »