Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #1225
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniapeko
thank you mkharsh for the sliders.

I'm in Association mode and since at All-Star with custom sliders I was only dominant blow-outs I tried to go Superstar w/default sliders and the game resulted pretty much unplayable.
So I tried your #2 set and even thought I played just 1 match, I gotta say now the game feels much better.
I had a realistic amount of fouls and offensive rebounds on both sides and the CPU finally looked for their post players (Bynum in this case) but the game was not in-the-paint heavy as before.

I just have two "complaints":
1- I had NO blocks (and I really tried to), and the CPU just had 2.
2- There were a lot of crazy passes that went over the head of the receiver and directly into the stands, even on inbounds passes, especially on the CPU's side.
What parameters should I adjust to fix this?

Thank you again, keep up the good work!
1) You'll need to play a few more games. I've had as many as 8 blocks in a game once. You need a larger sample size as 0 block games can happen from time to time.

2) This is by design and I 100% agree with MK on this. There's a LOT of non-steal turnovers in the NBA. Offensive 3-second, out of bounds, airballs, and bad passes. The only thing in game that actually works though is bad passes since the other stuff doesn't occur as frequently as it should. Yes, it looks wonky and can be downright frustrating (especially when inbounding to a guy 3 feet in front of you and you throw a moonshot pass) but it gives you realistic amount of turnovers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #1226
Rookie

R0ver's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by illini519
My only gripe with these sliders is the contact shot animation. Unless I'm playing Carmelo Anthony, no matter who is shooting and who the defender is, 0% of the contact animation shots go in. ZERO. Basically once you initiate contact, it's an automatic miss for the player. Even if it's the tiniest of contact when you have an easy driving lay-up. Maybe I'll move the contact success up to 50 or so.
0 fastbreak points for the Clippers? That's odd.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:26 AM   #1227
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
1) You'll need to play a few more games. I've had as many as 8 blocks in a game once. You need a larger sample size as 0 block games can happen from time to time.

2) This is by design and I 100% agree with MK on this. There's a LOT of non-steal turnovers in the NBA. Offensive 3-second, out of bounds, airballs, and bad passes. The only thing in game that actually works though is bad passes since the other stuff doesn't occur as frequently as it should. Yes, it looks wonky and can be downright frustrating (especially when inbounding to a guy 3 feet in front of you and you throw a moonshot pass) but it gives you realistic amount of turnovers.
About the blocks part, you're right. Silly me for thinking a single game was a relevant sample. I'm not having as many as I would like, but it's a fair amount. It's also true that I have no elite shot-blockers in my team, so maybe it's because of that.

But regarding the turnovers, I partly disagree. I cannot accept that an NBA player isn't able to pass the ball to a man right in front of him, without any defensive pressure, so I raised a bit the Pass and Hands in the sliders. I still get a fair amount of TOs, but they also are realistic as the missed passes are caused by a double team or good defense in general.
Note that my complain was that mainly the CPU was suffering from those weird passes. I just didn't think it was fair to win like that.

Also, I used to play 10min quarters and in default All-Star and I was averaging 120 pts/gm. Using MK's #2 set I had to go with 11 min quarters to have realistic stats, which is a thing I like.

Last edited by sniapeko; 01-15-2013 at 03:37 AM.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:16 PM   #1228
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I understand the passing and bad turnovers frustrates people... BUT, I have the NBA League Pass and watch a TON of NBA games. I'll say this: I've seen MANY stupid turnovers where a guy was right there and couldn't make the simple pass. Again, this is not perfect - not by any stretch. BUT, if you want realistic NON-steal turnover, you almost have to go this route. It's a flaw in the game that we have to live with. Again, make sure you set your feet on out of bounds plays when receiving the ball and also make sure you're pointed in the direction toward the passer... There are ways to cut those turnovers down, and doesn't it makes sense to do this? You're not going to throw a pass to someone in real-life when their back is turned toward you...
Old 01-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #1229
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Thanks again, MK, for the awesome set. Great base.

One thing I'm working on tweaking for myself are the CPU shooting tendencies. Having Attack Basket at 0 or 1 was necessary pre-patch to curb the fastbreaks and relentless driving, but now having it low seems to really limit slashing guards. I played OKC in my Association last night and Westbrook had 4 points. Checked and it was his low by far for points, FGA, FTA for the season. Meanwhile, Kevin Martin chucked up 22 shots.

Right now I'm going with 50 for all of shot tendencies, except Attack Basket and Look for Post, which are at 100. 100 probably sounds insane for Attack Basket, but I like it because it opens up the drive and kick game, increases CPU FTA, turnovers (you can actually draw some charges!), and reduces those cases where a guy has a wide open path to the hoop and shoots a 12 foot jumpshot. Seems to be working well so far, although I'm keeping an eye out to see if the 3pt tendency needs a slight bump.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 01-15-2013, 05:47 PM   #1230
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Thanks again, MK, for the awesome set. Great base.

One thing I'm working on tweaking for myself are the CPU shooting tendencies. Having Attack Basket at 0 or 1 was necessary pre-patch to curb the fastbreaks and relentless driving, but now having it low seems to really limit slashing guards. I played OKC in my Association last night and Westbrook had 4 points. Checked and it was his low by far for points, FGA, FTA for the season. Meanwhile, Kevin Martin chucked up 22 shots.

Right now I'm going with 50 for all of shot tendencies, except Attack Basket and Look for Post, which are at 100. 100 probably sounds insane for Attack Basket, but I like it because it opens up the drive and kick game, increases CPU FTA, turnovers (you can actually draw some charges!), and reduces those cases where a guy has a wide open path to the hoop and shoots a 12 foot jumpshot. Seems to be working well so far, although I'm keeping an eye out to see if the 3pt tendency needs a slight bump.
Agreed. I think the next "phase" of focus for your sliders MK is tendencies. Of course everyone has different opinions so it will be tough to determine. I mean, if I'm getting 80 shots a game how do I know if their are enough post shots or mid range shots lol. Basketball is low on my totem pole in terms of understanding the game.

I do however find myself cranking up the 3pt slider after every game. I get a lot of 8-12 3pt shot games from the cpu (which does happen in the nba) but I don't get manyy 20-30 3pt games. I would say my average is around 15 3pt attempts per game.

Just food for though I guess...

By the way, I'm stalking your college hoops sliders too and am having a blast going between college on my PS3 and pro on my computer lol.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:50 PM   #1231
Pro

OneDrop's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ver
0 fastbreak points for the Clippers? That's odd.
Indeed, I don't know why this occured to be honest, however, with most matches the fastbreak points are accurate but I tend to have tight matches 'till second half starts, then the opponents go cold and I manage to get a 20 point lead. If matches would be tighter for me this set would be complete as MK has done a fabulous job here. Any ideas on how to solve this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2013, 12:15 AM   #1232
Meow

DetroitStyle's Arena

Pacers (User) v Bobcats (CPU)

This one was maddening for me. The top defense in the NBA against the worst team in the NBA. It was like, the harder I played defense and the more I concentrated on it the better they shot. They also did this cheese hop step-to-mid range jumper animation that went in every.single.time. I might lower cpu shooting to user levels because it felt like CPU cheese rather than poor play on my part. Other than that it was fun.

Edit: Played a second game after equaling CPU and Human shot sliders. I also upped 3PT Tendency to 100% just to see how it would work out. Even though it was a blowout it was the best "feeling" I've had playing this game. The CPU turned it over a ton and I was able to execute all game. Also no "robo" CPU at any point in the game. I felt in complete control. I also like the 3PT numbers. 30 attempts at 100 tendency? Not bad for a team down all game with Eric Gordon. It's about what you would expect :-P

Hornets (CPU) v. Sixers (User)

Last edited by DetroitStyle; 01-16-2013 at 01:22 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »