Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #121
Rookie

B Easy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
wondering if the roster guys might have to do something about this. from what i see in other threads this is a game issue, and probably nothing we can about this with sliders. guys want THE PERFECT video game sliders, but in the few years I've gotten good at developing them, I'm NEVER satisfied. I'm just glad we got this done as good as we did, and as quickly as we did.
I agree with ya. Hey, I'm not complaining, in fact I've become jaded to it.

2k13 is a great game, and I'm glad you've come up with these sliders to make it even more enjoyable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2012, 05:11 PM   #122
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
on your last point: you might want to lower the user QUICKNESS slider. sounds like you're really good on the sticks and can break a guy down. raising cpu quickness will stop you from being able to do this. I'm still learning the controls (having never played 2K12 and live on 2K11), so I'm not nearly that good.
Good point, but I'm still using the old control-version. I just blew by the defence multiple times in a row, which was a little bit disturbing.

Any opinion on the gamespeed?
Old 10-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #123
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

gamespeed won't do it for you... it's a "quickness" factor. So you have 2 options: raise the cpu quickness AND you can raise the cpu STRENGTH as well (but the game gets too "bump happy" so I'd recommend raising cpu quickness in increments of 5.

gamespeed would be universal for both you and the cpu, so that won't change your issues.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:30 PM   #124
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanax
I played a hornets (cpu) vs heat (me) game
score: 88-82
i have no more the exact stats but for both, shooting % were around 45-48% but there were around 90 shots for the cpu and around 77 for me...

around 6 turnovers for both of us and around 40 points in the paint

the consistency will effect the shooting % success or the number of shots ?
in 1st and 2d quarters, hornets were far below me (around 18 points) and were around 38%, but in 3th and 4th quarter, they woke up and make me in a disgrace at home (lol...) to finally win...
Consistency will only give to the cpu a role to shoot more and to come back in the end of a game (by increasing their shot success )?

besides, in the profile parameter, i have the defense coaching in auto, does it play a role?
well, 90 shots isn't exactly out of the question - so it's within the realm of possibility for a single game. if this is repeated, then i'm not sure what to say because your final score and shooting percentages are BOTH GOOD and pretty spot on. Again, the issue is NOT ENOUGH FREE THROWS...

I really think we've reached a breaking point where nothing more can be done... I think the issue now stems from 1) broken playbooks, and 2) roster issues.

Hopefully 2K understands this and will patch it, but I'm seeing they're getting "10's" across the board for reviews. I don't agree with this - it's as if the reviewers don't play deep enough into the game or even understand the game of basketball. I don't know how ANYONE could play this game out of the box and NOT see the issues with points in the paint and the continual guard domination that creates a layup fest...
Old 10-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #125
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey mk, nice sliders, I really enjoy using these.

I have a quick question regarding another game mode. I don't know if you play any MyCAREER, but if you do, what are your gameplay settings on MyCAREER to have the best realistic outcome? I know you can't adjust sliders, but I want the most realistic game I can possibly have, and I'm not sure where to go on this. Every game I play the CPU shoots over 60%, gets like 20-30 Offensive rebounds per game, and shoots 90-100 shots every game. They score 140 points regulary, our team scores over 100 regularly, which would explain why we're 20-28.

I currently play on 12 minute quarters, Hall of Fame Dafault settings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #126
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

...never played it and wouldn't be of any help. might see if there are other sliders specifically made for this mode. Sorry.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #127
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Hopefully 2K understands this and will patch it, but I'm seeing they're getting "10's" across the board for reviews. I don't agree with this - it's as if the reviewers don't play deep enough into the game or even understand the game of basketball. I don't know how ANYONE could play this game out of the box and NOT see the issues with points in the paint and the continual guard domination that creates a layup fest...
Unfortunately average reviewer-- even the average basketball fan-- can't tell you if the game is off from real NBA games. If it feels good and plays well, and kind of resembles something on TV, it's a 10. Especially if it's being played at Pro-Default, where some of the CPU issues aren't as apparent or you're just distracted by all the cool dunks and ankle breakers.

I couldn't really tell anything was wrong until after multiple games and days later. The demo's shot blocking seemed a lot better, whether it was actual blocks or just being able to change shots and have shot blockers reach for the ball and not just jump straight up blindly. Maybe because it was the Thunder. I seem completely ineffectual with Bogut and the Warriors.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:45 PM   #128
Rookie

OVR: 5

from what i've read, sliders for MyCareer can only be changed using hacks and mods. sorry.
thankfully, I play on the PC, so it's relatively easy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »