Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 03-20-2013, 02:48 AM   #1337
Fire GarPax!

Permatron's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_2535
So, I finally downloaded a roster. Bed's roster to be exact. I like these sliders with Bed's roster, but I keep dominating games. I almost always have a 10 point lead at the end of the 1st quarter and it just gets worse from then on. The only stat that really seems "unrealistic" would be the field goal percentage. It's pretty realistic for the CPU, but mine is always really high. It seems like I almost always get open shots too. I use the pick and roll a lot, thought I'd mention that. I'm not sure if that play is "overpowered" or not. Maybe that's why I'm always getting open looks. I'm playing on All-Star right now. Would increasing the difficulty help with any of this?
Jumping up to Superstar would help. I played with these sliders on Superstar from the jump and they translate very well. I believe you get a better game out of these sliders on Superstar but its all personal flavor.

Just give it a shot on Superstar before making any changes and see what you think. If you are still blowing out teams in the 1Q then a change may be what is in need for you.

Also, I do not play with Bed's roster as I am on the 360, but I have seen and heard lots of people get great results from his roster.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #1338
MVP

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Permatron
Jumping up to Superstar would help. I played with these sliders on Superstar from the jump and they translate very well. I believe you get a better game out of these sliders on Superstar but its all personal flavor.

Just give it a shot on Superstar before making any changes and see what you think. If you are still blowing out teams in the 1Q then a change may be what is in need for you.

Also, I do not play with Bed's roster as I am on the 360, but I have seen and heard lots of people get great results from his roster.
I agree... Its very hard to find a slider that will be fun / challenging... I think there is a fine line between a good, competitive game, and the CPU downright cheating you out of a win lol.

psn - CeeGee
Old 03-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #1339
Rookie

ThaRealDeal8498's Arena

OVR: 0

why i always have 90shots per game its to much shooting i never had a game with mj or any great player without shooting over 30times why!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #1340
Just started!

Very well sliders for me that is a rookie french player on NBA 2K

Great work !
Old 03-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #1341
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

MK,

You ever think about giving 2K13 another shot? I went back to 2K11 as you had me pumped as hell to play it again. While I agree the general gameplay is better(defense), I just can't get past how dated it looks and feels compared to the current version. I know, I know...classic rosters + 2K11= best sports gameplay ever. I just wish you would take another stab at 2K13. There is a lot of good to this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #1342
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

No, I'm done with 13. Just purchased 12 for some of the classic rosters here. I agree that 11 is now a bit outdated, but as someone who's 40 yrs. old, I can get past that pretty easy. Plus, sometime back i put a bunch of customized music to it, so I've got a mixture of the old 80's cbs theme, 90's nbc, tnt music, and some in game beats. I still love 2K11...
Old 03-29-2013, 07:56 AM   #1343
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
No, I'm done with 13. Just purchased 12 for some of the classic rosters here. I agree that 11 is now a bit outdated, but as someone who's 40 yrs. old, I can get past that pretty easy. Plus, sometime back i put a bunch of customized music to it, so I've got a mixture of the old 80's cbs theme, 90's nbc, tnt music, and some in game beats. I still love 2K11...
Wow. Eerie similarities. 41 here. Addams Family theme, Ghostbuster's Theme, Jaws Theme and a bunch od 80's and 90's music in my game I've added as well. I've literally switched 2K11 and 2K13 in my console like 15 times within a day. I want to go back to 2K11 I really do, but I still can't get past the better graphical and player animations upgrades in 2K13. Is the main reason you prefer 2K11, due to the rosters and overall better gameplay (I.E. the sliders actually work!)?
Old 03-31-2013, 12:47 PM   #1344
Rookie

I am winding down my season as the real season ends, using these sliders for the most part, all-star difficulty, Boston Celtics. I am 64-8, gunning for that Bulls record. (Today's matchup against the Knicks will be tough, I'm 1-2 against them this year.)

I am playing unpatched as I'm worried the patch will mess up the sliders, which have consistently given me realistic stats. The biggest change I've made is slowly bumping up the CPU O-Board slider, so now it's at 51 (pre-patch, keep in mind). I'm starting to think that the CPU O-Board bias everyone was complaining about was overstated. O-boards happen, kind of a lot. I know Celtics' opponents have been getting around 25% of all O-Board possibilities all season, and I've had to keep bumping up the sliders to reflect this, so much so that I'm back to 50 and beyond.

I've tried to go back to 2k11 and find that I just can't. I'm not just acclimated to the controls of 13 (which I derided as "dog ****" earlier), but I think it gives a more realistic simulation of how players move in real life. 2k11 now feels like NBA Jam, ie. when you press left, the player immediately moves left and pressing right will immediately make him move right, etc. I know that is the very definition of good controls in most people's book, but now it just feels really arcadey.

Plus 2k11 has no collision detection out on the court, something I find adds to 2k13's realism. However, this being the first year (I think) it's been implemented, there are some tweaks they HAVE to make in 14. There have been too many times my own guys have basically set picks for the other team. This has to stop; your own guys shouldn't have as much collision detection for you as they do for opponents' players. Also, that animation when you run into someone from behind, like you're both running in the same direction and he's running slower and you bump him--this animation has to go. You like bounce off of him and stagger and it takes so long to recover that you are effectively out of that play for good. I've never seen that in real life.

With that said, there have been so many instances of seeing real life reflected in 2k13 that I have to say it is superior to the much cherished and played 2k11. I hope 14, the last one before the next gen consoles, will be even better.

D.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »