Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-08-2013, 04:57 AM   #1393
Fire GarPax!

Permatron's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon_2535
Well, if the CPU is shooting that low of a percentage against me, I may have to try that.

I think what I'll do is play a game tomorrow with my current sliders and increase the difficulty to either Superstar or Hall of Fame. I may try both. If I find it to be too cheap or weird, I'll go back to All-Star and start adjusting some sliders.
IMO I believe Superstar gets the most out of these sliders. I played with these sliders on All-Star for about 5 games before making the jump to Superstar for more of a challenge. Not at anytime have I felt cheated on Superstar. CPU plays a bit smarter and a little more aggressive on both ends. You have to play smart on both ends as well but when the game ends you will have a better all around experience on Superstar than All-Star.

Just give it a shot. Play about 3-5 games with a few teams. Use an elite team one game, an average the next, and a scrub team after to get a good synopsis if you are getting honest game play. Curious to see how it goes for you.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:50 PM   #1394
Rookie

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Just finished another game. More of the same. As you can see, I also had a pretty ridiculous amount of points in the paint.

Grizzlies (CPU) @ Thunder (User):

This is what I can tell you from my experience. I am a very casual NBA fan. I don't know much about playcalling on the offensive or defensive side. I know basic stuff just from watching so many games on TV but when I'm playing a console game, I just sort of play for fun. Even for me, who just started playing this game this year using his less experience sliders was too easy. It was the same situation where the CPU could not hit any shots and always had a FG% of <35%. Try using his second slider set for more experienced gamers. I'm not really experienced AT ALL and its been super competitive. I just quit my franchise with the first slider set because it was too easy and started one last night with the more experienced and lost 112-110 to open with the Knicks against the Nets. I saved and quit my game in the third quarter last night up one on the Heat, 92-91. Now I need to figure out how to play defense but super fun and much more challenging and I'm not experienced at all lol.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #1395
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Permatron
IMO I believe Superstar gets the most out of these sliders. I played with these sliders on All-Star for about 5 games before making the jump to Superstar for more of a challenge. Not at anytime have I felt cheated on Superstar. CPU plays a bit smarter and a little more aggressive on both ends. You have to play smart on both ends as well but when the game ends you will have a better all around experience on Superstar than All-Star.

Just give it a shot. Play about 3-5 games with a few teams. Use an elite team one game, an average the next, and a scrub team after to get a good synopsis if you are getting honest game play. Curious to see how it goes for you.
Alright, I'll give Superstar a shot then. Thanks! I'll post my results later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG1986
Try using his second slider set for more experienced gamers.
I mentioned in my earlier post that those are the sliders I've been using. Thanks, though. I'm going to do what Permatron suggested and bump the difficulty level up to Superstar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2013, 02:04 PM   #1396
Rookie

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Alright, I'll give Superstar a shot then. Thanks! I'll post my results later.

I mentioned in my earlier post that those are the sliders I've been using. Thanks, though. I'm going to do what Permatron suggested and bump the difficulty level up to Superstar.
I missed that, I'm sorry! Good luck!
Old 05-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #1397
Rookie

Just finished a game on Superstar. First half was promising, but then it fell apart. Here's what I noticed:

The CPU is turning the ball over quite a bit, I think too much. They are making smart passes, but there's a ton of bobbles and passes that sail out of bounds even if it's a short pass. I'm getting quite a few points off those turnovers too.

It didn't seem like the CPU was putting up very many 3's. Maybe my defense was just too good, I don't know. They put up 17 3's during the entire game, but most of them came in the 4th quarter when they were down. They pretty much were just jacking them up at that point.

We shot about the same number of free-throws. I don't know if our numbers were high or not. I don't know the averages. I love attacking the basket and paint area, so something there might need to be adjusted. Also, it seemed like there were quite a few and-one situations. I guess not too many, but it felt rather noticeable.

It seemed like there were a ton of cases where fast breaks started off of defensive rebounds. It happened quite a bit and it's probably the reason I had so many fast break points. The CPU did it quite a few times as well.

I read a post earlier where someone mentioned that the CPU seemed to have trouble scoring in the second half. I have to agree, it seems to be the case in my games as well. The CPU shot 50% in the first half. In the second half, they only shot 37%. They finished with 43%. They had a fairly decent 4th quarter, but really struggled in the 3rd.

As you can see, I had 32 fast break points and 60 points in the paint. Both of those numbers seem ridiculous to me. Like I mentioned before, I love attacking the basket and getting in to the paint. I'd rather adjust some sliders or something than to change the way I play the game. In essence, I want the game to force me to play a different way.

Edit: I just compared my game stats to the first playoff game between these two teams. The numbers were actually really close. I guess points in the paint and fast break points are really the only areas that need adjusting. Maybe I need to increase some of the CPU's defensive sliders?

Bulls (CPU) @ Heat (User):

Edit: I started another game between the Warriors (User) and the Spurs (CPU). The CPU put up 11 3's in the first quarter, making 8 of them. They have 47 points at the end of the first quarter. I'll finish this game out, but that's insane.

Edit: I played until halftime and then called it quits. They were hitting 3's like crazy. Almost all of them were contested too. At halftime they were 13/16 from downtown. Finished the first half with 84 points.

Last edited by Brandon_2535; 05-08-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #1398
MVP

iameich's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Just finished a game on Superstar. First half was promising, but then it fell apart. Here's what I noticed:

The CPU is turning the ball over quite a bit, I think too much. They are making smart passes, but there's a ton of bobbles and passes that sail out of bounds even if it's a short pass. I'm getting quite a few points off those turnovers too.

It didn't seem like the CPU was putting up very many 3's. Maybe my defense was just too good, I don't know. They put up 17 3's during the entire game, but most of them came in the 4th quarter when they were down. They pretty much were just jacking them up at that point.

We shot about the same number of free-throws. I don't know if our numbers were high or not. I don't know the averages. I love attacking the basket and paint area, so something there might need to be adjusted. Also, it seemed like there were quite a few and-one situations. I guess not too many, but it felt rather noticeable.

It seemed like there were a ton of cases where fast breaks started off of defensive rebounds. It happened quite a bit and it's probably the reason I had so many fast break points. The CPU did it quite a few times as well.

I read a post earlier where someone mentioned that the CPU seemed to have trouble scoring in the second half. I have to agree, it seems to be the case in my games as well. The CPU shot 50% in the first half. In the second half, they only shot 37%. They finished with 43%. They had a fairly decent 4th quarter, but really struggled in the 3rd.

As you can see, I had 32 fast break points and 60 points in the paint. Both of those numbers seem ridiculous to me. Like I mentioned before, I love attacking the basket and getting in to the paint. I'd rather adjust some sliders or something than to change the way I play the game. In essence, I want the game to force me to play a different way.

Edit: I just compared my game stats to the first playoff game between these two teams. The numbers were actually really close. I guess points in the paint and fast break points are really the only areas that need adjusting. Maybe I need to increase some of the CPU's defensive sliders?

Bulls (CPU) @ Heat (User):

Edit: I started another game between the Warriors (User) and the Spurs (CPU). The CPU put up 11 3's in the first quarter, making 8 of them. They have 47 points at the end of the first quarter. I'll finish this game out, but that's insane.

Edit: I played until halftime and then called it quits. They were hitting 3's like crazy. Almost all of them were contested too. At halftime they were 13/16 from downtown. Finished the first half with 84 points.
Try my tweaked version of mkharsh sliders. U can find them on Rondo is Gods Take That 2K13 roster forum, PAGE 73 let me know how that turns out.

iPhone 5 Tapatalk 2 #GoHEAT !!!
Old 05-09-2013, 12:17 AM   #1399
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iameich
Try my tweaked version of mkharsh sliders. U can find them on Rondo is Gods Take That 2K13 roster forum, PAGE 73… let me know how that turns out.

• iPhone 5 • Tapatalk 2 • #GoHEAT !!! •
Just played a game until halftime. I already have a 21 point lead.

I'm shooting 61% with 13 dunks, 23 fast break points, and a whopping 46 points in the paint. Other than that, stats were pretty good.

I've tried numerous sliders and I'm getting similar results. It seems like my shooting percentage is either really high or much better than the CPU's. Which, in turn, means I usually have no problem building a 10-20+ point lead. My points in the paint is also an issue. I love attacking the basket. Probably more than I realistically should be. With that said, I think that's mostly likely my main problem. Based on that playing style, what would you recommend?

Last edited by Brandon_2535; 05-09-2013 at 12:19 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:15 AM   #1400
MVP

iameich's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Just played a game until halftime. I already have a 21 point lead.

I'm shooting 61% with 13 dunks, 23 fast break points, and a whopping 46 points in the paint. Other than that, stats were pretty good.

I've tried numerous sliders and I'm getting similar results. It seems like my shooting percentage is either really high or much better than the CPU's. Which, in turn, means I usually have no problem building a 10-20+ point lead. My points in the paint is also an issue. I love attacking the basket. Probably more than I realistically should be. With that said, I think that's mostly likely my main problem. Based on that playing style, what would you recommend?
Those numbers look unrealistic.

A few questions: what teams were u using? Hum? CPU?

What roster r u using?

U should try using an OS roster. Sim-World, Take That 2K13, PJT's roster or trifecta roster. Those r all great rosters that are compatible with mkharsh or my tweaks.

iPhone 5 Tapatalk 2 #GoHEAT !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »