Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-27-2013, 01:22 AM   #1417
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
No. Setting Run Plays to 0 decreases the amount of time it takes the CPU to call a play after a rebound/inbound. So with Run Plays at 0, the CPU will call a play almost immediately. At 100, the CPU will take a very long time to call a play and will instead run a freelance offense.
Oh okay 2k's description is really confusing. The description says "Sets how often the team will run set plays", so I figured it should be set really high so they run plays on most possessions. Thanks.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:28 AM   #1418
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsiegel
Oh okay 2k's description is really confusing. The description says "Sets how often the team will run set plays", so I figured it should be set really high so they run plays on most possessions. Thanks.
Yeah, you'll learn to completely ignore any labels 2k puts on things in this game haha
Old 05-27-2013, 01:34 AM   #1419
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Yeah, you'll learn to completely ignore any labels 2k puts on things in this game haha
Yeah I'm slowly but surely learning that while 2k has a great base for the game, the rosters and sliders and other things I find on this site take the game from good with quite a few holes to awesome.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:34 AM   #1420
Just started!

I have to say, i havent even finished my first game the work I would use to describe these sliders is: organic NOUN

Definition:
of living things: relating to, derived from, or characteristic of living things
developing naturally: occurring or developing gradually and naturally, without being forced or contrived
intrinsic: forming a basic and inherent part of something and largely responsible for its identity or makeup

I did not however, change the tendencies or foul sliders12

I played a game with the T-wolves and the Cavs btw
Old 05-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #1421
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobenation
I find that 12 minutes works just fine. I just played a game and won 81-71. Nice low scoring affair - just how I prefer. The game before that was 106-95... so I'm getting scoring all over the place.
I agree with this also. I've only played with 12 minute quarters with these sliders and they're great. Last weekend, I played 2 NBA Today games. I beat Memphis with San Antonio, 94 to 92 on a Ginobili stepback. And then turned around and played the same game again this time as Memphis and lost 96 to 93 when Conley clanked a game-tying shot.

Also a couple of weekends ago, I beat OKC (minus Westbrook) with Memphis, 85 to 78. It was like a grindhouse game in the 4th Quarter. I "outscored" the Thunder 14 to 11.

I have a question though. Is there anyway to make it harder for the CPU to make free throws? I noticed there are times when I miss quite a few free throws because FT difficulty on these sliders is set at 100. But I also noticed the CPU still makes most of their free throws every game.

Last edited by Tecmo SB Guy; 05-29-2013 at 06:28 PM. Reason: I meant "to make" free throws
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2013, 07:03 PM   #1422
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmo SB Guy
I agree with this also. I've only played with 12 minute quarters with these sliders and they're great. Last weekend, I played 2 NBA Today games. I beat Memphis with San Antonio, 94 to 92 on a Ginobili stepback. And then turned around and played the same game again this time as Memphis and lost 96 to 93 when Conley clanked a game-tying shot.

Also a couple of weekends ago, I beat OKC (minus Westbrook) with Memphis, 85 to 78. It was like a grindhouse game in the 4th Quarter. I "outscored" the Thunder 14 to 11.

I have a question though. Is there anyway to make it harder for the CPU to make free throws? I noticed there are times when I miss quite a few free throws because FT difficulty on these sliders is set at 100. But I also noticed the CPU still makes most of their free throws every game.
Set FT Difficulty to 50.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:38 PM   #1423
Just started!

UPDATE ON GAMEPLAY: So lol I'm playin with OKC against the jazz its the 4th quarter and im down 20 lol. I kno i suck but are some issues I want to point out.

1. I wasnt able to utilise the fast break except once (A steal near the perimeter)

2. Utah was in the bonus all three quarter so far

3.they made all their passes and have 22 total (can someone send me the avg. # for assists per game?)

4. Rebounding is almost even at 25-28

5. Although the game feels organic It lacks rhythm, almost like my players are running in mud knee high.

6. Very low 3pts made, only 2 each.

anyone got any tips to balance these issues? I would like to keep the tendencies at default because it keeps the cpu active around the court but damn they always land in their spots deep in the paint which leads to a foul or easy basket (36 pts in the paint for OKC, 44 for Utah) thats probly way too high.

Im thinking I should lower on ball Defense and increase play passing lanes, this will encourage more steals and less assists and pts in the paint and make it more of a shooting contest and I could see more swinging from the perimeter.

more updates soon...
Old 05-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #1424
Rookie

Now, oddly, I'm starting to win by about 20 every game on the second set of sliders. Although the CPU sometimes comes out playing good offense and defense (more importantly), they are never able to sustain it. One game, it was so lopsided that I went up by 21 after the 1st and then won by 56. I played great but the lack of resistance was not satisfying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »