Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #17
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

Your 2K11 sliders were very good, so I will certainly give these a shot.
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Old 10-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Can i play 12 mins quarter with this slider??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-09-2012, 02:00 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
Awesome sliders man!! Thanks A LOT!
Old 10-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Hey guys! Sorry, but I'm at work right now, so I can't answer your questions at this moment - but give me time later to do so (probably Wednesday as I have some free time in my schedule tomorrow).

Made TWO updates today - small stuff (page 1 - post 1 updated today):

- raised user stealing (under attributes) to 50 (up from 45) - but left cpu at 45
- raised look for post players (under tendencies) to 35 (up from 25)

I wasn't getting enough user steals and I also felt the cpu wasn't looking for the post players enough. So we want to address the continual layup problem BUT we want the cpu to look to the low post players in the context of their half court offensive sets.

I LOVE the way All-Star plays simply because the cpu runs their offense a bit smarter. It's more challenging than pro.

I have not had the game long enough to look at Super Star, but will simply say this: I feel that even on all-star level there is some cpu "cheese" going on - which is why the strength, quickness and speed (for the user) must get a boost. I cannot begin to imagine how much worse this is on the higher levels. But I am VERY pleased with these...

If you try different matchups and feel the cpu offense isn't strong enough (shooting %-wise) I feel there's a simple solution for this: raise the CPU CONSISTENCY slider up!!!

What I've discovered in all my testing is this one slider HEAVILY affects the cpu shooting percentages. Raise this too high, and it's not even fun - guys hit crap from everywhere. If you 2K11 guys recall, we left the "clutch" slider ON, BUT we turned those slider values down to 0 - which helped solved some of this. So, I really think this slider works in the same way...

I did NOT own 2K12, so I cannot make any comparisons to that game... Glad to hear you guys are enjoying these.... This game is really fun, and I think we've found some slider solutions to the issues this game has. Those numbers may look a bit unconventional (because of the 15 user swing) but it has to be done this way or you'll see outrageous fastbreak numbers for the cpu, along with way too much points-in-the-paint.
Old 10-09-2012, 03:27 PM   #21
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10

Heat vs. Bulls (me)

Final Score: 96-87
Field Goals-41/76(53%)-35/79(44%)
3 Pointers-3/8(37%)-8/25(32%)
Free Throws-11/12(91%)=9/9(100%)
Fast Break Points:26-8
Points in the Paint: 52-36
Second Chance Points:4-12
Assists: 25-21
Offensive Rebounds:3-10
Defensive Rebounds:33-31
Steals:9-6
Blocks: 4-0
Turnovers:6-10

Key Player Stats
Heat
Lebron: 31 pts, 8 rebs, 10 asts
D. Wade: 21 pts, 5 rebs
C. Bosh: 11 pts, 8 rebs

Bulls
D. Rose: 25 pts, 12 asts
C. Boozer: 14 pts, 8 rebs
T. Gibson: 8 pts, 12 rebs
L. Deng: 14 pts, 6 rebs

Impressions:
A really fun game for my first game with this set. CPU offensive rebounding isn't a problem with this set as the better rebounding team was able to gain the clear advantage in this game on the boards. If you subtract out fastbreak and second chance points from points in the paint for both teams you get the heat with 22 pts and the Bulls with 16. The CPU also settled for open mid range shots compared to always looking to drive. I'd think about increasing the 3 point tendency for the CPU as they passed on a couple quick trigger threes for Allen and Chalmers also had a couple looks, but that might have been because the offense was going through Lebron, whereas with Boston Allen would have shot that three. So who knows if Ray Allen is programmed to play a supporting role and only take clear open looks in NBA 2k or is programmed to take that quick trigger three as well. Anyway, I digress and say this is a great set and can't wait to play more games with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 03:38 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

It seems that the only way to get realistic scores / FG attemts, is to play on 11min quarters.. Well, if there's nothing else we can do, in order to stop those fast cpu attacks (it seems pretty rare for cpu to ran down the 24secs), i'll take it..

Gonna try ur sliders now, however the only thing i have to change is the shooting sliders coz im using shoot release type. So, i guess ill stick to the 45/45/47/47 shooting values. I'll be back with results ;D

ps. Btw i strongly suggest you to lower the Pass Accuracy to somewhere like 46-47. We really need to turn the number of turnovers up.. With 50 u gonna rarely (or never) see the pass going outbounds. I know its a bit frustrating when it happens, but if you want realism, you have to dig with it.

Thnx for sharing!

Last edited by illusiondrmr; 10-09-2012 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 05:53 PM   #23
Pro

willIam9387's Arena

OVR: 10

These sliders are really playing out well, played two more games, both against the Nuggets with me being the Warriors for the first game and the Wizards for the second game. The only issue I have thus far with the set and I have this issue with default gameplay on simulation is CPU shooting threes. For example in both games and the game I posted on here with the Heat, in all three games the CPU only shot around 10 threes. IRL last year the Nuggets shot around 18 threes a game. Do you have any suggestions on how to get the CPU to shoot more threes?
Old 10-09-2012, 06:21 PM   #24
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Sliders are very good, MK.

Played the Bucks using the Nets and won 102-90.

Deron Willams and Joe Johnson each had 20-plus for Brooklyn.

Monta Ellis took 45 SHOTS against me (this is a roster issue, though, as it seems the No. 1 target takes a majority of the shots) and finished with 43 points to keep the Bucks in the game.

Rebounding was fine; 11 offensive boards for me, 10 for the CPU and I had 6 more rebounds total than the CPU. Points in the Paint were in the 30's for both teams.
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »