Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2012, 12:34 AM   #361
Rookie

cp22's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
Loving these Sliders! I'm using the first set and I'm finding a great balance for me and my play style. Only thing that concerns me is that the fatigue may be a little too high-the big men tend to get tired way too fast IMO, but that's the only issue I have. Otherwise, a fan-freaking-tastic set of sliders here. The game plays faster, feels more fluid, and is just fun. Awesome job
I agree, these sliders are amazing. Most realistic stats I've seen, and amazing gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2012, 04:34 AM   #362
MVP

OVR: 1

I've been having good experiences with these sliders except for a couple of issues: sometimes the set seems a bit too hard, which I'm getting a handle on, and I don't quite care that raising the block rating helps guards get unlikely blocks at the perimeter more than it causes realistic interior blocks and changed shots.

Also I encountered something that started to feel like the old comeback code cheese of 2K12. Was playing Warriors vs Blazers. Was up about 10 in the 4th when David Lee suddenly overthrew an inbounds pass to guys not that far away. It might be because I didn't use icon pass for that particular pass and it targetted someone down court instead, but that seems pretty unlikely. It's like you could almost feel a switch turn on as my players become less competent and the Blazers rushed back to surge and tie the game. I did make a few stupid mistakes in my frustration but most of my game was conservative as I was trying not to panic.

What really felt like cpu cheese was when Jefferson took a three with Matthews about 10 feet away. Jefferson's setup and release seemed to take forever and Matthews instantly accelerated towards Jefferson and managed to *block* the three point attempt. It was a string of CPU cheesyness that tied the game, and I only warded it off because I managed to hit a wide open corner three with Thompson.

I also lost a previous game with the same teams after leading by a fair amount in the 4th. My lead dwindled to 5 with about a minute, and the Blazers start hitting semi-contested threes to win the game. Maybe they weren't contested, but there was definitely a defender immediately in front of them both times, and if my AI defenders didn't actually contest the shot, that also smells of catch up cheese to me.

Anyway, I bring this up because I wonder if any of the settings (like defensive or offensive consistency) might have triggered or increased the potency of the come back code, because in both of those games at critical junctures, laws of physics and probability were thrown out for a few key minutes when the game played very solidly otherwise.

Just to be sure, I checked if any of the Blazers have Closer as a sig skill. None of them do, but they played like they all did.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:44 AM   #363
Pro

OVR: 14

I love these sliders. I read through a lot of this thread before I decided to give them a try and I am not dissappointed. The gameplay is so smooth and realistic. Eliminating the fast break and constant CPU points in the paint make this game about perfect. I have not completed a game with the full 11 min quarters, but I have played one on 5 min quarters and the game was really competitive and the stats were very realistic.

Great work, I appreciate the effort it took, this really does make the game a lot better for me and I'll reccomend it to my friends
Old 10-20-2012, 08:29 AM   #364
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
I've been having good experiences with these sliders except for a couple of issues: sometimes the set seems a bit too hard, which I'm getting a handle on, and I don't quite care that raising the block rating helps guards get unlikely blocks at the perimeter more than it causes realistic interior blocks and changed shots.

Also I encountered something that started to feel like the old comeback code cheese of 2K12. Was playing Warriors vs Blazers. Was up about 10 in the 4th when David Lee suddenly overthrew an inbounds pass to guys not that far away. It might be because I didn't use icon pass for that particular pass and it targetted someone down court instead, but that seems pretty unlikely. It's like you could almost feel a switch turn on as my players become less competent and the Blazers rushed back to surge and tie the game. I did make a few stupid mistakes in my frustration but most of my game was conservative as I was trying not to panic.

What really felt like cpu cheese was when Jefferson took a three with Matthews about 10 feet away. Jefferson's setup and release seemed to take forever and Matthews instantly accelerated towards Jefferson and managed to *block* the three point attempt. It was a string of CPU cheesyness that tied the game, and I only warded it off because I managed to hit a wide open corner three with Thompson.

I also lost a previous game with the same teams after leading by a fair amount in the 4th. My lead dwindled to 5 with about a minute, and the Blazers start hitting semi-contested threes to win the game. Maybe they weren't contested, but there was definitely a defender immediately in front of them both times, and if my AI defenders didn't actually contest the shot, that also smells of catch up cheese to me.

Anyway, I bring this up because I wonder if any of the settings (like defensive or offensive consistency) might have triggered or increased the potency of the come back code, because in both of those games at critical junctures, laws of physics and probability were thrown out for a few key minutes when the game played very solidly otherwise.

Just to be sure, I checked if any of the Blazers have Closer as a sig skill. None of them do, but they played like they all did.

LOL, this is kinda funny, but my first game I was playing last night was against the Warriors and they chopped a 12 point lead I had towards the end of the third to two points by the time the fourth quarter started. Seth Curry and Richard Jefferson both lit me up from the outside. I was really worrying that I was going to blow them out but they stormed back in a hurry.

I attributed this to the natural ebb and flow of the NBA game ... a lead isn't safe in today's game, not with the shooters the NBA has IMO. Anyways, my squad answered right back with some major 3 pointers of our own in the beginning of the fourth and by the time we got to the 5 minute mark I was up by ten ... by the time the game was over I had won by 13, so I was pretty satisfied with how my team stuck it out in the end.

I actually saw the CPU make some pretty desperate passes/shots as the game started to get closer to ending, which was really nice to see the urgency on their part. I felt like they were really trying to win the game as opposed to just riding it out and letting me win.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:44 AM   #365
Rookie

OVR: 7

I just played the Celtics and Rondo went off like he was Lebron James.

10 for 12 shooting for 21 points and he had D-Will in his face for most of those shots. There were mid - far range and there was no way he makes them in real life as he is not that good of a shooter. Also everytime the clock hit 5 seconds he would blow by me, no questions asked. If I sagged off, he would hit a shot, if I got closer he would run in for the close shot. I felt like I had no say in how things went.

Also garnet didn't miss a single shot the entire game, again hand in his face or not. In the 4th quarter to give them a 3 point lead he had 2 big guys in his face in what seemed to be perfect timing, only to hit a swish from 10 feet.

Everytime I made a shot they made one back, I had the lead maybe once the entire game and it felt like pure bull to me. Going to look for new sliders =/

Rondos rating in the roster is 72 close, 70 mid, 66 3 pt and 90 inside. It wasn't the roster.... My roster is fine. These settings make it overly hard..... (At least the harder version). The easier version plays MUCH more realistic but I blow teams out =/

Edit: Although my only problem tends to be.. well.. the opposing team is hitting way too many unrealistic shots. I'd rather just change around consistency or something, anyone have a good value they use for better game play?

Last edited by Advanced; 10-20-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2012, 10:43 AM   #366
Pro

OVR: 13

Upload please. Why is it so hard for people to upload there sliders?
Old 10-20-2012, 11:15 AM   #367
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey Makharsh33, I have one question... Would it be okay if I just set off and deff rebs both to 50 because I use slim44 roster and he has changed coach profiles, and he has crash offensive boards set to 0 for every team, so I am not getting enough off rebs with the current slider setting... Tnx in advance!
Old 10-20-2012, 11:26 AM   #368
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced
I just played the Celtics and Rondo went off like he was Lebron James.

10 for 12 shooting for 21 points and he had D-Will in his face for most of those shots. There were mid - far range and there was no way he makes them in real life as he is not that good of a shooter. Also everytime the clock hit 5 seconds he would blow by me, no questions asked. If I sagged off, he would hit a shot, if I got closer he would run in for the close shot. I felt like I had no say in how things went.

Also garnet didn't miss a single shot the entire game, again hand in his face or not. In the 4th quarter to give them a 3 point lead he had 2 big guys in his face in what seemed to be perfect timing, only to hit a swish from 10 feet.

Everytime I made a shot they made one back, I had the lead maybe once the entire game and it felt like pure bull to me. Going to look for new sliders =/

Rondos rating in the roster is 72 close, 70 mid, 66 3 pt and 90 inside. It wasn't the roster.... My roster is fine. These settings make it overly hard..... (At least the harder version). The easier version plays MUCH more realistic but I blow teams out =/

Edit: Although my only problem tends to be.. well.. the opposing team is hitting way too many unrealistic shots. I'd rather just change around consistency or something, anyone have a good value they use for better game play?
Lower the CPU Consistency slider. Remember, there is nothing wrong with making changes to the base set MK has provided.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »