Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-20-2012, 05:31 PM   #377
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettochamp
mkharsh33, I've used some of your suggestions in the past with great results. Would you recommend this set for ONLINE associations? I'm asking this because of the custom sliders option now available in OAs and the inability to adjust Shot Stick/Real FG% and Game Speed in this mode... You get the idea, I was hoping for a recommendation that will inhibit cheese such as Reaching/Full Court Passes/Charging/Turbo Zig-Zagging/Easy PIP/Easy 3pt/Spin Dunks/etc. - so that I don't have to make rules that limit what people can do. I want the sliders to take care of poor play choices and play similar to NBA.

Ideally, 9 min. Quarters on AllStar/SuperStar would be best for our league. Thoughts?

Please reply here on your thread or DM my arena if you have any input or would be willing to help me/us out. Thank you
I've only tested these in association mode for test purposes. I haven't looked at injuries, and I don't know how these will play out user vs. user. All I can do is suggest you give them a try and see what you think. I don't believe there's such a thing as a "perfect" slider set, but I think we've done the best we can for now and believe these will give everyone a challenging, simulation-like experience...
Old 10-20-2012, 06:47 PM   #378
Rookie

OVR: 0

Have you looked into this theory
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-gameplay.html
Old 10-20-2012, 11:37 PM   #379
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheezSteez
setting tendencies to all ZERO this year (as the instructions in that thread states) kills this game... 2K13 does NOT play like previous versions, so they have a theory in that thread, but the theory is useless. What we have done here IS working... Perfectly? No, but as best as this game can be played. Input the sliders and see for yourself, but if you haven't done that then I'm not sure how you can suggest this theory without having tried them to see how they actually work for you. Not trying to come off as a prick, but I think the results here speak for themselves. The zero attribute theory literally destroys 2K13 and it plays horribly...
Old 10-21-2012, 12:49 AM   #380
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
Kenny123, you just posted this same picture in 2 different slider threads... So I'm not sure whose set you used and it wouldn't make much sense for me to comment on your boxscore/picture.

yea sorry about that i used the other set that was in that thread i just wanted to know what you thought because your good at what you do
Old 10-21-2012, 02:47 AM   #381
MVP

OVR: 4

2nd set of sliders are pretty much 2k12. Adds a little extra shine to the issues with 2k13. I have tons of bigs(that cant pass) passing like Magic out of shots to there mid range players. Players are throwing random passes(clear/easy) into the stands. I have guards(that cant post) doing shimmy moves in the post and shooting over great defenders.
Passing lanes are not realistic because defenders are reacting to button presses(2k12 style)

Im averaging in about 5-6 games with the "greater challenge" set about 100ppg(not bad) but easily beating the cpu by 10-20. Ive actually bumped the cpu shooting up to 52-3 mid range and 51 in 3pt range.

100 Def awareness makes the cpu(allstar and up) start warping/recovering towards your offensive player. I say that to say that cpu are racking up fouls by trying to contest everything or from warping into my players.

Hum vs cpu
Clippers vs Lakers(somewhat close game)
Blazers vs Warriors(blowout)
Bulls vs Heat(
Boston vs Lakers(blowout)
NYK vs Nets(somewhat close game)
and maybe a couple more.

fyi the 0 run play in coaches settings does work. It actually makes the cpu run plays majority of the time if a easy bucket is not available.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2012, 06:50 AM   #382
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Hello mkharsh33! It's a long time since I posted something on this forum, but I think now you deserve some positive feedback on these sliders. I'm near 40 too and I try to avoid the slider crazyness and enjoy the game, but this year the PRO/SIM or ALLSTAR/SIM things doesn't seem to work very well, ruined by the fast-brake and orebs. So again I looked for inputs on this forum and decided to give a try to your sliders, because I know you are a professional in this For the first time I had a good game (using the second set) without all the cheesing by the CPU and nice stats to look at at the end of the game. Two days ago I was mad at thinking how 2K can put something wrong from scratch every year and in a few hours I passed from loving to hating this game.

Just a couple of questions out of curiosity:
- I don't understand the 0/100 consistency slider. Why the user must have so big a disadvantage?
- the +3 advantage for CPU in shooting sliders is there just for adding challenge or is the CPU on disadvantage if the value is the same for user and CPU
- I see that a higher on-ball defense is crucial to stop the CPU from doing what it wants on offense, but on the other and it's very difficult to pass by your defender, having him almost glued to you (warp effect sometimes). I see that the best players can still do it
- I agree that you don't see many injuries in game, but with a value of 65 you risk having a lot of injuried players every game day in association, because that value is also used for simulating other games. Maybe for Association mode is a bot too high, but I will test more on this

So thank you very much for your work. For me you have made this game playable again so far. Good job.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:34 AM   #383
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrome_305
Upload please. Why is it so hard for people to upload there sliders?
Why is it so hard for you to copy these in 5 minutes?
Old 10-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #384
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just logged in to say that these sliders are GREAT. Only thing I changed is the passing accuracy for user/cpu back to 50, because too many passes were going crazy lol I also changed the foul sliders for user/cpu to 80's across the board....but that's just my personal preference. I like to feel like the refs "missed" a call sometimes to make it seem more realistic.

All in All, these sliders are the best I've ran across and I appreciate your time and effort you put into making these mkharsh33

*lol at my join date and lack of posts*

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »