Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-09-2012, 08:39 PM   #33
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20
Thumbs up Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

Miami Heat @ Chicago Bulls (me)

Final Score: 86 - 91
Field Goals-37/84(44%) - 36/75(48%)
3 Pointers-1/8(12%) - 7/16(43%)
Free Throws-11/13(84%) - 12/15(80%)
Fast Break Points: 18 - 15
Points in the Paint: 40 - 38
Second Chance Points: 8 - 8
Assists: 20 - 20
Offensive Rebounds: 11 - 8
Defensive Rebounds: 30 - 33
Steals: 8 - 4
Blocks: 1 - 5
Turnovers: 8 - 11
Team Fouls: 10 - 11

Key Player Stats
Heat
Lebron: 21 pts, 6 reb, 2 ast (3 TO's)
D. Wade: 21 pts, 8 reb, 4 ast
M. Chalmers: 15 pts, 5 reb, 9 ast

Bulls
D. Rose: 21 pts, 3 reb, 7 ast
L. Deng: 15 pgats, 8 reb, 3 ast (3 blk)
C. Boozer: 12 pts, 8 reb, 4 stls
R. Hamilton: 12 pts, 5 ast

Impressions:

I was waiting for a set of sliders that "looked" as though they would give me a challenging, realistic game to play throughout...

I wanted to play as my favorite team (versus the best team in the East). The game's "flow" & speed both were where I like to play the game...I was pleased. There was plenty of contact down low with a lot of no-calls, missed layups, flops, etc....which was great. The turnovers on both ends were justifiable...I caught myself slapping myself in frustration after an errant pass, but most of the turnovers looked legit. The game had around 18 lead changes throughout, so the game was very exciting to play. I never found that the AI was *cheesing* in any way, and I never thought I could just "flip-the-stick" and dribble around my defender for an easy throw-down. The AI's defense was tough and if I "did" get around a defender I usually had to "kick-it-out" because the help-defense was present. (most of the time)

My only wishes were that there were more fouls called throughout the game. I never felt as though anyone was ever in foul trouble...3 of the fouls called by the AI was at the end of the game because they wanted to send me to the FT line to stop the clock. So, in the end, I would like to see more fouls...especially in this type of game...these two teams were going at it, but I didn't see any "hard" fouls, etc...I DID see contact under the basket in abundance, but the foul #'s weren't there.

Other than that, I had a GREAT gameplay experience...

KUDOS to MKHarsh....I will be sticking with this set for sure! (now, I just need a great Roster set PS3 to compliment these great sliders!)
  • MLB The Show '20 - PS5
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X

Last edited by Tommyklaid; 10-09-2012 at 08:41 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:48 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

Let me look at the fouls... What do we need to raise? Shooting fouls or the others? Box score looks GREAT, so I think we're pretty much set, minus the fouls (which I agree are a bit low). Thanks for the feedback and glad you enjoyed them!!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3

mkharsh, these look great, the feedback sounds great too. I loved your sliders for 2K11, so I'm very excited to give these a go. Was wondering if 12 minute quarters is out of the question... For some reason it just bothers me not to play with 12, but obviously if it blows FG attempts out of proportion it's not worth it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2012, 09:04 PM   #36
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I don't like shot stick timing - once you get the timing down, it's almost automatic. It felt to me (in 2K11) like the ratings didn't matter as much. But if you choose this route, you might want to begin by toning down the shooting sliders by 1 or 2 clicks each for the USER.
thanks man. i actually think its pretty hard to get the timing down this year. it seems like 2k got the release points wrong or something. i just dont like the outcome of my shots being dictated by the "real percentage" thing.

ill try these sliders out soon and give some feedback.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:09 PM   #37
Legend

Tommyklaid's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by risewithus56
mkharsh, these look great, the feedback sounds great too. I loved your sliders for 2K11, so I'm very excited to give these a go. Was wondering if 12 minute quarters is out of the question... For some reason it just bothers me not to play with 12, but obviously if it blows FG attempts out of proportion it's not worth it.
That's exactly what will happen if you play on 12 min quarters with these...I already tried. Just stick with 11...I understand your feeling, but it just *works* with the 11.

If it bothers ya (to the point of pullin' your hair out) then go ahead and play 12 min quarters, but the stats will look a lil' bit skewed...and what we're trying to achieve is as close to RL as we possibly can...SIM baby, SIM!!!
  • MLB The Show '20 - PS5
  • The Elder Scrolls V: SKYRIM - XBOX SERIES X
Old 10-09-2012, 09:58 PM   #38
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Dallas (me) 96 - Memphis 93

Rudy Gay missed an open 3 at the buzzer to try and send the game into OT.

Grizzlies' offense was much more balanced than Milwaukee. Five guys scored in double figures and 9 had at least a point. With the size advantage, Memphis controlled the glass, especially when Kaman was on the bench. They were much more deliberate in their offensive attack than the Bucks, so teams do play differently. I saw maybe 2 fast breaks off of missed shots.

The difference in the game? Former Grizzly, OJ Mayo. He was hot all game for Dallas and finished with 24 points. Dirk was only 8-of-22 from the field (a lot of rim outs) but still had 23 points.

Turnovers were 15 for me (yikes!) and 10 for Memphis.

I really like this set because it doesn't stray too far from default All-Star/Simulation, but the changes make a nice difference.

I'd like to see more non-shooting fouls, as they seem low, especially on the CPU end. Otherwise, a great set for only a week removed from release.
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Old 10-09-2012, 10:38 PM   #39
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Just beat the Jazz with the Twolves at home 97-75.
Out scored them by 18 in the 4 th.
They shot 36% I shot 43%. They only shot 7 fts I shot 19.
They were 4-21 from 3, I was 7-23. Fast breaks were 18-14 them.
Rubio dominated this game, he had a triple dub with 27 pts 10 reb 13 ***.
Love had 22 pts and 17 Rebs.
Randy Foye led them with 20 pts. Jefferson had 13 pts and 6 Rebs.
I out rebounded them 58-43 and that was a huge difference in this game.
The Jazz are pretty bad.
Needs to be more free throw attempts and better CPU rebounding.
Off to play other game.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:53 PM   #40

OVR: 40

No basketball game is complete without sliders from mkharsh

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »