Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #465
Rookie

OVR: 0
I put down game speed to 50 and run plays to zero. I also made some adjustments on set 2 slider which i dont think made cpu to shoot less than 90. Imma try to put up the slider tonight.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2012, 07:25 PM   #466
Rookie

Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

can these be played on 12 min quarters?
Old 10-26-2012, 07:55 PM   #467
Rookie

I don't know if it's just me but I'm always seeing such a low scoring performance by the CPU. I'm using the Cavs in Association and the CPU hasn't ever gotten above 80 points out of my 4 games. 2 games against 2 fast paced teams in Nuggets and Suns which they should score pretty high.

I am using the slider set for more experienced players and have raised the CPU shooting attributes by 1 tick.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:02 PM   #468
Rookie

You gonna have to lower the game speed otherwise scores will be like the all star games scores

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-26-2012, 08:18 PM   #469
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by free24ride1
Another of my problem with this slider is the defenders sticking you to like a glue. There's no way to get by your defender. Is this actually normal?
Depends on your skill level tbqh. I have no problem with the current settings.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #470
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdutch13
I don't know if it's just me but I'm always seeing such a low scoring performance by the CPU. I'm using the Cavs in Association and the CPU hasn't ever gotten above 80 points out of my 4 games. 2 games against 2 fast paced teams in Nuggets and Suns which they should score pretty high.

I am using the slider set for more experienced players and have raised the CPU shooting attributes by 1 tick.
Could be just your play style or 4 games that were just an anomaly. I'd play a couple more before deciding, but the thing you're going for is realism. No matter how good YOUR stick skills are, a below average defense against a high-scoring offense should more often than not result in the high scoring offense scoring a lot of points. More often than not.

For realism purposes, it doesn't matter if everyone on here plays with these sliders and are challenged by the CPU's offense, if you are not then you should tweak them. The Bobcats (default lineup or with non-cheesy changes over the next 3 years) should still struggle to win games on a consistent basis. No matter how bad you are, you shouldn't go 10-72 with the Miami Heat. That's the great thing about sliders.

So what I would say if you continue to see the same trend, to make some slider changes. You have to find out what needs to be changed though. Is the CPU's offense not resulting in good shot selection? Up the CPU offensive awareness. Does defense feel too easy for you? Lower your defensive awareness, on-ball defense, defensive help strength, or defensive assist. CPU's field goal percentages too low? Up their shot success sliders in the appropriate departments. Knowing that Cleveland finished the season with one of the worst defenses allowing over 100 points per game, you should really struggle on the defensive end, not because of your stick skills, but because of the talent on the court. You may be great at defense, but you still shouldn't be able to keep teams like the Nuggets, Suns, and Warriors from running and gunning... most of the time.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #471
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by i am the messenger
Could be just your play style or 4 games that were just an anomaly. I'd play a couple more before deciding, but the thing you're going for is realism. No matter how good YOUR stick skills are, a below average defense against a high-scoring offense should more often than not result in the high scoring offense scoring a lot of points. More often than not.

For realism purposes, it doesn't matter if everyone on here plays with these sliders and are challenged by the CPU's offense, if you are not then you should tweak them. The Bobcats (default lineup or with non-cheesy changes over the next 3 years) should still struggle to win games on a consistent basis. No matter how bad you are, you shouldn't go 10-72 with the Miami Heat. That's the great thing about sliders.

So what I would say if you continue to see the same trend, to make some slider changes. You have to find out what needs to be changed though. Is the CPU's offense not resulting in good shot selection? Up the CPU offensive awareness. Does defense feel too easy for you? Lower your defensive awareness, on-ball defense, defensive help strength, or defensive assist. CPU's field goal percentages too low? Up their shot success sliders in the appropriate departments. Knowing that Cleveland finished the season with one of the worst defenses allowing over 100 points per game, you should really struggle on the defensive end, not because of your stick skills, but because of the talent on the court. You may be great at defense, but you still shouldn't be able to keep teams like the Nuggets, Suns, and Warriors from running and gunning... most of the time.
Thanks for the reply.
I've noticed that the teams I've faced have only attempted below 70 shots. I believe the right stats in real life would be in the high 80's? I'm guessing this is a tendency issue and I'm not exactly sure what I should bump up. Maybe minutes? But I've been scoring high 90's low 100's and been blowing out all the teams i've faced. I've lowered my shooting attributes by 1 tick and raised the CPU's attributes by 1 tick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #472
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngdutch13
Thanks for the reply.
I've noticed that the teams I've faced have only attempted below 70 shots. I believe the right stats in real life would be in the high 80's? I'm guessing this is a tendency issue and I'm not exactly sure what I should bump up. Maybe minutes? But I've been scoring high 90's low 100's and been blowing out all the teams i've faced. I've lowered my shooting attributes by 1 tick and raised the CPU's attributes by 1 tick.
Yeah I have been noticing this too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »