Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-27-2012, 01:35 PM   #489
Pro

OVR: 24
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by chankarl
Only 3 3point shot attempt by denver?does this reallly happen in real game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Definitely on the low side, but I had no answer for them in the post. They were killing me all game and they just keep feeding the ball down there. Didn't mind the low attempts, just felt like they were going with what was working. Definitely not typical of my games though.
After some maneuvering of ESPN's stats database, I found a few instances where teams averaged exactly 3 3PT attempts over a small sample of games, for the 2011 NBA Season. Also, the team with the fewest attempted 3 pointers last year (New Orleans Hornets) shot roughly (too lazy to calculate it) 500 fewer than the average, and over 1000 fewer than the team with the most 3PT attempts (Orlando Magic).

New Orleans posted a total of 777 3PT-A's last year, that's only about 9.5 per game, over the course of 82 games. When you factor in variances, it's safe to assume New Orleans fans/team would not have been shocked if they saw a game with only 3 attempts last year, though I couldn't find for sure if they did.

So it's not as unusual as it seems, in terms of a single game.
Old 10-27-2012, 02:51 PM   #490
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

It's a simple fix, though.... Just raise the attempt 3 pointers in TENDENCIES ever so slightly... Again, you guys typically answer your questions/concerns in how you frame the feedback...
Old 10-27-2012, 05:42 PM   #491
Rookie

OVR: 0

I love this sliders but i hope mkharsh33 find a good config for 12 min quarters..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #492
Rookie

OVR: 0

can u play these on 12 min quarters?
Old 10-27-2012, 06:22 PM   #493
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

The last 3 or 4 games I have played I am seeing a ton of CPU 3 pt attempts and hardly any low post shots.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #494
MVP

OVR: 8

Mkharsh33, any specific roster set your using with your sliders?
Old 10-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #495
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

90-91 Golden State Warriors (CPU) 00-01 Philadelphia 76ers (Me)

Man, your fortune can certainly change in this game. I blew out the Heat earlier with my Knicks and I was feeling pretty good about myself. Then I turn around and play the 90-91 Golden State Warriors and take my worst beating in 2K13 yet. Mitch Richmond was a savage. He shot 17-22 (3-3 from 3 PT) to torch me for 38. He was just spotting up and nailing everything. Hardaway was killing me too with his 27 points. Iverson is the man and did everything he could to keep us in the game, but the bums around him weren't doing me any favors. We shot 48%, but the way the game played it felt way less than that.

To the nitpickers, I suggest you play several games with the set before jumping to any conclusions. Just like in real life, the ebb and flow of every game is different and can produce a variety of results. The most important thing is whether or not it consistently provides you with competitive games according to your skill level. If not, like Mkharsh33 said, just adjust the sliders to what you feel is most appropriate. I made a couple of small changes and find myself very happy with the game right now. I really want to start a Knicks association, but I'm trying to hold out until the new rosters are released. Don't know if I'm gonna make it that long though.

Last edited by Pappy Knuckles; 10-27-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2012, 10:06 PM   #496
Banned

OVR: 5

How well do the user settings playout for player vs player? Do they eliminate the fast break problem that occurs where a team gets Def reb and then it looks like they run faster than everyone else, and past everyone else. Do they give realistic percentages of mid/3pt shots and not have most games end with both teams at an overall clip of 60%+ from the field?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »