Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-29-2012, 02:33 PM   #529
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegt
Yeah, it's definitely a roster issue. At default, the player tendencies are not balanced from a team perspective and the offense skews toward the wing players. Nogster did a good job rebalancing the tendancies. I also need to test out the Swagged Out and Sim World rosters when those are done.
Hopefully they have offline links, because any file on 2K Share that was hex-edited reads as a corrupt file.
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Old 10-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #530
Pro

OVR: 2

Good slider set! and I agree with MK that it is a roster issue for the low post game.

I think with 2k13 it is the gift and the curse. Meaning that 2k allows us to edit just about everything to get the game to play how we want but 2k does not tell us how changing one thing affects another thing. It seems that we have to do too much trial and error until we find the perfect match.

If 2k would just give us a baseline in how the rosters, sliders, and coaching profiles relate to each other then I think we can get some good gameplay experience.

I wonder if anyone has tried the factor of zero. Meaning zero-ing out all the sliders and coaching profiles and starting from there to see how the game plays. I may try it when I get time, I just hate that the game autosaves everything thing.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #531
FINALLY!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Try messing with the Tendencies for the AI.

Inside - 25
Close - 25
Medium - 50
3PT - 50
Post Shots - 75
Attack the Basket - 20
Look for Post Players - 100

If that doesn't fully solve the problem, turn the AI Offensive Awareness down to 75. With these changes you should see a lot more play in the post.
Has anyone tried these changes out yet?
North Carolina Tar Heels Baseball
Wisconsin Badgers Football
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #532
MVP

Nathan_OS's Arena

OVR: 25

I thought that was a pretty great game... I was the bulls
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-29-2012, 06:43 PM   #533
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

SLIDER SET #2 UPDATED - Page 1 - Post 1

The set at bottom (higher difficulty set) has a number of updates. I've tried to incorporate your ideas and with more testing have seen some slight improvements. SEE PAGE 1 FOR DETAILS...

Remember: the ROSTER FILE you use plays a HUGE role in how 2K13 plays as well... There are a number of things we canNOT fix with sliders - we'll need a patch and the roster creators to fix them.

I do not use a particular roster file - just use what you prefer. If you do not like the updates you are more than welcome to keep the previous set. This new set removes some of the bumping and unnecessary physicality, and plays a more "fluid" style of basketball.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:10 PM   #534
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenegt
Yeah, it's definitely a roster issue. At default, the player tendencies are not balanced from a team perspective and the offense skews toward the wing players. Nogster did a good job rebalancing the tendancies. I also need to test out the Swagged Out and Sim World rosters when those are done.
Incorrect. You can fix the post issue purely with sliders. With the correct tendencies paired with the correct offensive awareness, the post game WILL get utilized realistically by the AI.

Try the edits I posted on the previous page (and that were quoted at the top of this page) and see how that works for you.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:56 AM   #535
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Incorrect. You can fix the post issue purely with sliders. With the correct tendencies paired with the correct offensive awareness, the post game WILL get utilized realistically by the AI.

Try the edits I posted on the previous page (and that were quoted at the top of this page) and see how that works for you.
I know you're trying hard to convince everyone here that you've "fixed' every issue with 2K13 - but after trying your tweaks, sorry - no dice. I played FOUR games using your updates - the old problems still exist. I'm not saying that I am some guru, but I will admit there are things that canNOT be fixed in this game. I admire your determination here, but there's still issues with this game even using your tweaks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2012, 03:00 AM   #536
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just came to say thank you for these awesome sliders (set #2)! I was kinda disappointed with this year's release but with your sliders the game is very enjoyable again.

Keep up the good work!

Go dubs!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »