Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-01-2012, 08:24 PM   #577
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

quick question...

do sliders play different in play now games vs association games?

because i had a set i enjoyed very much in play now and wasnt seeing all the complaints ppl were mentioning. then i played an association game and the set felt completely different. in other words not so great.

is the some variable btw the 2 modes im not aware of?

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni
Old 11-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #578
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TajDeni
quick question...

do sliders play different in play now games vs association games?

because i had a set i enjoyed very much in play now and wasnt seeing all the complaints ppl were mentioning. then i played an association game and the set felt completely different. in other words not so great.

is the some variable btw the 2 modes im not aware of?
Not that I'm aware of. I've played plenty of games in Play Now and Association, and I don't see a difference.

Perhaps it's your roster file or Coach Profiles?
Old 11-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #579
Rookie

rockit's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
No.

While in your Association, bring up the menu and go to Options>My NBA Settings>Game Sliders. From there, simply input the new values and continue as normal.

These will not carry over to your sliders outside of Association, though. You will still have to manually put in the values from the games main menu in order for the changes to take effect outside of your current Association.
Yeah, I knew what to do I just wasn't sure if I had applied new sliders settings if it would take effect in an-already existing Association.

Thanks for the response!
Old 11-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #580
Rookie

OVR: 1

Only reason why I will continue to play 2K and not re-buy 2K11 even though I loved all the classic rosters is the fact that on every 2K before this, the CPU PG or ball-handler for the play, would stand at the 3-point line until there was about 8 seconds left on the clock and then it would end up with a player like Anderson Varejao popping a contested 18-footer as the shot clock expires. That happened 75% of the time and I don't think there was a way to fix it.

Teams didn't push the break like they do in 2K13 and that takes away a lot of the stagnant play of every 2K game before this. In real life, defensive rebounds always turn into fastbreak "opportunities". The problem in 2K, or so most people seem to agree on yet I'm still not sure myself, is that most teams force fastbreaks and some with force it 100% til the end. That may be the problem with the Run Plays slider though. If that's fixed, the post game is fixed, and offensive boards being put back up the majority of the time is fixed, then there is no competition for 2K13 as far as previous iterations go. Imo it's not even close. Just wish 2K would be more hands-on with customers and that they'd stop intentionally trying to destroy roster editing. Those people are doing a great service for their hardcore fan base (who stick to offline play since online has no defense and has followed the EA path of appealing to XBL Halo kids), and 2K is punishing them.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:07 AM   #581
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Here's the box from a game I played tonight with the new update (I played as the Nets):

Game felt pretty good except for the constant rain of 3s from the Knicks. I know they like to fire away from deep but it just seemed a bit excessive.

Will make some small adjustments as I go, but as always, you've given me a good base. Thanks again.

Looking forward to the patch, though. Game could be great if they address the major issues.

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2012, 01:48 AM   #582
MVP

Nathan_OS's Arena

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Here's the box from a game I played tonight with the new update (I played as the Nets):

Game felt pretty good except for the constant rain of 3s from the Knicks. I know they like to fire away from deep but it just seemed a bit excessive.

Will make some small adjustments as I go, but as always, you've given me a good base. Thanks again.

Looking forward to the patch, though. Game could be great if they address the major issues.
Will you post the edits that you make after you've done them....

I remember your sliders a couple years back, and they were great

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 11-02-2012, 03:51 AM   #583
Rookie

OVR: 1

Tried the new slider set #2.. too much defenders sticking like a glue when you drive to the basket..like atleast 3 guys in the paint..everytime.. I am using slimm44's roster

Last edited by free24ride1; 11-02-2012 at 04:06 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 04:38 PM   #584
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

First off let me say that I played on Pro last year, but decided to make the jump up to All Star this year. I started my Association with the first set and lost my first couple of games, but eventually started winning... It was actually kind of weird because my games were almost always competitive in the first three quarters, but once the game got to the fourth quarter I would run over them.

Also I should note that I play using 12 minute quarters. To me, playing an NBA game with 11 minute quarters, is like playing an 8 inning baseball game. I just can't do it. I never really had the high scoring games that others have with 12 minute quarters, so I guess that I was lucky in that respect. Sometimes the winner would score in the low 100s, but I don't recall many games where both teams would score over 100.

Last night I decided to make the jump up to the second set. I (Boston) was playing the Knicks and they were wide open all night. Carmelo was unstoppable. IIRC he scored 53 points, he rarely missed a shot and was 5-5 for 3 pt range. The entire team shot 57% for the field and above 50% from 3, as well. I can't remember the final score, but they put up around 120 points and beat me by 8-10 points.

I know it was only one game, but I'm considering going back to the first set and just tweaking things a little bit to make more difficult. I feel like, for my skill level, that's closer to where I should be. I'm hoping that a patch drops soon and fixes some of these problems, but I'm actually still having a blast. I feel that this game is so close to greatness and one good patch could make it the best NBA game ever. I really appreciate all of the hard work on these sliders, MK. These slider has made a great game even better. Good job.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »