Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #585
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
First off let me say that I played on Pro last year, but decided to make the jump up to All Star this year. I started my Association with the first set and lost my first couple of games, but eventually started winning... It was actually kind of weird because my games were almost always competitive in the first three quarters, but once the game got to the fourth quarter I would run over them.

Also I should note that I play using 12 minute quarters. To me, playing an NBA game with 11 minute quarters, is like playing an 8 inning baseball game. I just can't do it. I never really had the high scoring games that others have with 12 minute quarters, so I guess that I was lucky in that respect. Sometimes the winner would score in the low 100s, but I don't recall many games where both teams would score over 100.

Last night I decided to make the jump up to the second set. I (Boston) was playing the Knicks and they were wide open all night. Carmelo was unstoppable. IIRC he scored 53 points, he rarely missed a shot and was 5-5 for 3 pt range. The entire team shot 57% for the field and above 50% from 3, as well. I can't remember the final score, but they put up around 120 points and beat me by 8-10 points.

I know it was only one game, but I'm considering going back to the first set and just tweaking things a little bit to make more difficult. I feel like, for my skill level, that's closer to where I should be. I'm hoping that a patch drops soon and fixes some of these problems, but I'm actually still having a blast. I feel that this game is so close to greatness and one good patch could make it the best NBA game ever. I really appreciate all of the hard work on these sliders, MK. These slider has made a great game even better. Good job.
I've found the first set, with a bump up for CPU Consistency, works really well for me. I had the same issues with the 2nd set; I was getting my butt whooped. Part of that is because I just don't have a ton of time to play this game, so I'd imagine if I get in a rhythm of playing more often, I can go back but for now, I'll stick with the 1st set with some tweaks to fit my needs.
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2012, 08:59 PM   #586
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I have to agree with an earlier poster: after some of these latest updates from 2K (courts, etc.) this game plays a LOT different. I played 4 games today - and I was just as lost as anything. It's really pissing me off, so I've got some new stuff I've worked on and we'll see what happens. But if this continues, sorry, I'm done with this game. I simply cannot enjoy it, and it's really becoming more of a job than enjoyment in working on fixing sliders. But let me get something posted (probably Saturday morning because I want to watch a few NBA games tonight).
Old 11-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #587
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I have to agree with an earlier poster: after some of these latest updates from 2K (courts, etc.) this game plays a LOT different. I played 4 games today - and I was just as lost as anything. It's really pissing me off, so I've got some new stuff I've worked on and we'll see what happens. But if this continues, sorry, I'm done with this game. I simply cannot enjoy it, and it's really becoming more of a job than enjoyment in working on fixing sliders. But let me get something posted (probably Saturday morning because I want to watch a few NBA games tonight).
2K did mention that they were able to tune the gameplay remotely through non-patch updates this year. That's actually a good thing in theory, even though it messes with your carefully crafted sliders. There's a chance it might actually be improving the stock gameplay, however, which might cause your sliders to over compensate.

Anyway, I've been having great games with your sliders. Even had a loss that I didn't mind so much (because the screwup was on me after an incredible comeback).
Old 11-03-2012, 09:07 AM   #588
Rookie

OVR: 0

Since 2k updates its a big problem for the user to get off rebounds... Damn they really screwed up this time...
Old 11-03-2012, 10:37 AM   #589
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
2K did mention that they were able to tune the gameplay remotely through non-patch updates this year. That's actually a good thing in theory, even though it messes with your carefully crafted sliders. There's a chance it might actually be improving the stock gameplay, however, which might cause your sliders to over compensate.

Anyway, I've been having great games with your sliders. Even had a loss that I didn't mind so much (because the screwup was on me after an incredible comeback).
It's only a good thing if they update us on WHAT they're tuning. Because we have guys working on stuff through BOTH sliders (attributes and tendencies) AND rosters (ratings and coach profiles). So there is a LOT that WE are trying to fix. If they provide an "official patch" then we receive the notes on those. BUT, if they're "tuning" this game through updates we won't know. So you may think this is a blessing in disguise, but when you sit back and say, "hey, when is the next slider set coming out?" then it becomes MY job to try and fix this crap, while guys like you get to wait.

The problem is that I'm not sure what they changed so I don't know what to fix. But it's clear this game was changed through an update and I'm struggling to figure out what the issues are we're now presented with, so I'm groping in the dark, so to speak.

What I'm seeing is an unstoppable CPU offense that shoots the lights out no matter what I do. I feel totally helpless right now, but I'm thinking about lowering some things that I previously didn't want to touch...

So, no, this is not a good thing....
Old 11-03-2012, 10:59 AM   #590
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I have to agree with an earlier poster: after some of these latest updates from 2K (courts, etc.) this game plays a LOT different.
What do you mean? Online data update actually changes gameplay? I'm confused. Did a patch just come out?
Old 11-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #591
Rookie

OVR: 3

Among other things I do not understand what changes they have made ​​since on pro/sim old issues like offb and pip are still present. What are they doing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2012, 12:05 PM   #592
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onix24
Since 2k updates its a big problem for the user to get off rebounds... Damn they really screwed up this time...
I'm not seeing this at all. I played one game (Boston (me) against Denver) last night and had more offensive rebounds than the CPU.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »