Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #593
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

I'm simply saying that, yes, 2K is doing "something" to this game with their updates. I'm not seeing a placebo effect, but I'm seeing noticeable differences in the "flow of the game" than I have before. But I'm not going to get into any disagreements or pissing contests here - I'll probably provide one more update and then leave things alone, allowing you guys to hash out stuff. These latest few posts are the reasons I don't like to answer stuff in a slider thread: 20 different guys seeing 20 different things, and then stuff gets a bit testy.

In the last two games I played the cpu shot 53% and 78% (at halftime - shut it off). If people think I"m blind or embellishing things, I don't get it. I hadn't changed any settings - it was following the 2K updates at the loadup screen that this happened. SOMETHING was done to this game...
Old 11-03-2012, 02:28 PM   #594
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3
Yeah since the updates I definitely see some bull. Seems like the computer jus rolls over and dies at times lol
Old 11-03-2012, 03:07 PM   #595
MVP

OVR: 0

What adjustments I need to do to game speed etc to have 90-105 points per game if I want to play 12 min quarter?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #596
Rookie

do you have run plays set to 0 on coach profiles? whats the deal with that?
Old 11-04-2012, 01:08 AM   #597
Rookie

Are the new sliders for post-patch? I'm playing an unpatched version and the new sliders seemed very arcadey...Scored 65 points as the Celtics before the half without really trying, and Rondo had 9 steals before the half. I'm 3 games into a season with the old sliders (the one with the 65 injury rate), and I'm 2-1, avg'ing 103.3 ppg, opponent's 96.3 ppg, shooting .504, the numbers seem about right. The only thing is that, like others have said, Rondo isn't able to get past defenders 90% of the time, so I will maybe adopt the new quickness sliders. Also there is way too much contact, as others have said too. Those contact animations are just death. Which slider controls contact? (Sorry if this has been answered before....)

All in all, they're really great sliders, any frustrations I might have so far have to do with how realistic it sims the nba.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:49 AM   #598
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH
Are the new sliders for post-patch? I'm playing an unpatched version and the new sliders seemed very arcadey...Scored 65 points as the Celtics before the half without really trying, and Rondo had 9 steals before the half. I'm 3 games into a season with the old sliders (the one with the 65 injury rate), and I'm 2-1, avg'ing 103.3 ppg, opponent's 96.3 ppg, shooting .504, the numbers seem about right. The only thing is that, like others have said, Rondo isn't able to get past defenders 90% of the time, so I will maybe adopt the new quickness sliders. Also there is way too much contact, as others have said too. Those contact animations are just death. Which slider controls contact? (Sorry if this has been answered before....)

All in all, they're really great sliders, any frustrations I might have so far have to do with how realistic it sims the nba.
Haven't downloaded any 2K updates yet, so I guess I also have the unpatched version. I think there's lots of contact, but that might just be me.

Last edited by free24ride1; 11-04-2012 at 01:58 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:36 AM   #599
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
It's only a good thing if they update us on WHAT they're tuning. Because we have guys working on stuff through BOTH sliders (attributes and tendencies) AND rosters (ratings and coach profiles). So there is a LOT that WE are trying to fix. If they provide an "official patch" then we receive the notes on those. BUT, if they're "tuning" this game through updates we won't know. So you may think this is a blessing in disguise, but when you sit back and say, "hey, when is the next slider set coming out?" then it becomes MY job to try and fix this crap, while guys like you get to wait.

The problem is that I'm not sure what they changed so I don't know what to fix. But it's clear this game was changed through an update and I'm struggling to figure out what the issues are we're now presented with, so I'm groping in the dark, so to speak.

What I'm seeing is an unstoppable CPU offense that shoots the lights out no matter what I do. I feel totally helpless right now, but I'm thinking about lowering some things that I previously didn't want to touch...

So, no, this is not a good thing....
I totally know what you mean. Seems like 2K likes to not advertise their stealth fixes and call attention to anything that was broken before. It would make all of our lives a lot easier if they were transparent with everything. What I meant was that the stock slider guys (which is the vast majority out there) might be getting a better game, but I'd rather they told us what was changed and what wasn't to eliminate endless testing.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #600
Rookie

Hi mkharsh33 !

I have one question:

How much effect have the defensive assisst strength ? Is there a big difference between 100, 50 or 20 ?
2K set it to 50, you set it to 100.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »