Home

mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

This is a discussion on mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 10-10-2012, 10:30 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: mkharsh33 NBA 2K13 - ALL-STAR Sliders

Just played a tight game with all slider adjustments. Cle (CPU) vs Orl (Me)
Final Score Cle 109 Orl 106

Field Goals
Cle-48% (45-92)
Orl-46% (43-92)

3pt
Cle-36% (7-19)
Orl-36% (7-19)

Free throws
Cle-70% (12-17)
Orl-86%(13-15)

FB Points
Cle-28
Orl-24

PIP
Cle-58
Orl-56

Off rebounds (Varejao grabs 2 crucial off rebounds at end of game to not let me get scores at the end which was very realistic)
Cle-12
Orl-9 (Total Rebounds Cle-50 Orl-45)

Steals
Cle-7
Orl-5

Blocks
Cle-7
Orl-5

Turnovers (Points Off)
Cle-12 (16)
Orl-10 (11)

Team Fouls
Cle-10
Orl-13

Top Players Cle (CPU)
Dion Waiters (26 pts on 12-18 shooting)
CJ Miles (25 points on 9-26 shooting)
Kyrie Irving (18 points, 9 rebounds, 14 ast ,7-12 shooting 2-4 3pt)
Anderson Varejao (11 points, 11 rebounds)

Top Players Orl (Me)
Arron Afflalo (30 points, 8 reb, 2 stl, 13-19 fg 4-7 3pt)
Andrew Nicholson (20 points on 7-14 and chipped in 5 boards)
JJ Reddick (12 points on 5-7 fg and 2-3 3pt)

Womp Womp player
Hedo Turkoglu (9 points on 4-12 fg 0-2 3pt, 4 ast, 4 reb)

Overall the game remained tight and I fell behind as much as 10 and clawed my way back pressuring the ball. Probably made a mistake in my defensive settings as I left Miles constantly and while he didn't shoot great he hit enough shots at untimely times...Irving took over in the 4th with his playmaking. If he wasn't getting all the way to the hoop he was hitting Waiters who played very well. Afflalo hit big shots for me and Nicholson played well but he struggled on the block with Varejao's defense and couldn't keep him off the boards. These are the best sliders yet. Challenging and you have to stay on top of things the entire game as it is coming down to a few possessions. Still not enough fouls in my opinion as the FG attempts are still high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2012, 11:17 AM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 6

I've played about 4 games with your original sliders you posted, none of the adjustments, which I'll add in today.

Few things I've noticed...
Glad you upped the fouls, definitely didn't seem like enough were being called...shooting or otherwise. Didn't see a single shooting foul happen outside of a dunk/layup, so hopefully the change helps that out.

I think rebounding is pretty much dead on. I solely use the lakers, and I out rebound every team....but I still give up a few offensive boards a game. Nothing wrong with that. I don't see guards jumping over Dwight or Pau when they're inside grabbing boards, which is something that happened on default.

FG% for the CPU seemed low. But as you said before...more free throws = higher FG% and more rebounds. Crazy how one thing can fix multiple issues.

The one thing that bothers me is block totals. The CPU gets blocks on me that I would consider normal...but with Dwight and Pau I expect to see more blocks inside, and they just don't seem to happen. Even when it's pretty obvious the shot should have been blocked. With blocks already at 100, any ideas for helping that?

Love the feel of the game, the flow, total points, etc. Just nitpicking at this point.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #67
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

for you guys struggling on defense: make sure you make use of your left trigger on defense. It's a bit of a "helper" to get you squared up in front of your man. Now, it will also affect your fatigue rate, so be judicious in your use of it (or manually sub).

I've read the impressions - didn't play last night as I needed a break.

It appears that we're pretty much set with things... Some things I've read: user blocked shots might be low, but with blocking & contest shots maxed out at 100 each, I don't think there's anything we can do. Personally, I don't see the cpu blocking my shots, but I use the right stick for hook shots with the opposite hand, along with pump fakes.

Also, I like the suggestion above: max out all the fouls except shooting fouls - leave it at 80. So everything else is at 100.

Lastly, I'm seeing cpu shooting %'s across the board, so I'm inclined to leave it alone. I've seen some in the high 30%'s to low and high 40%'s to even very low 50%'s - so I think we're good there.

The reason I was able to get these together so quickly was all the time I played 2K11 - sliders for me are more about feel and what I see versus what the numbers do. I don't start a slider set looking for shooting percentages, but rather what I see on the court. So I know this thread got lowered in its rating because some people go to slider sets ONLY wanting to see box scores. I don't create mine that way - so those who want them will be disappointed. I'll get those fixed later... I've learned with sports video games that you BEGIN with the flow of gameplay, THEN you fix the percentages...

I really doubt anything will change EXCEPT plugging in those foul settings (of which I've noted on page 1 - post 1). Again, my deepest thanks for your feedback and impressions... You've been a huge help!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:52 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

Latest set updated on page 1 - post 1 - also posted here (with the latest changes the fouls at bottom). If we need to adjust them we can, but be careful when going to steals - that could skew the numbers. We want to fix the cpu shooting percentage by lowering the amount of shots taken - more foul shots MIGHT help remedy this. If not, we'll look at cpu CONSISTENCY. I think we can leave the actual shooting values alone - consistency is like the old "clutch" rating, so if we get this right we'll be good. The only reason I don't want to raise "consistency" is that the game starts to feel cheap and scripted - crap shots start going in.

Wednesday - October 10th - 10:50 AM

Difficulty All-Star
Game Style Custom (start by inputting at "All Star / Simulation")
Game Speed 55
Quarter length 11 Minutes
(Association Sim Quarter length 12 Minutes)
Fatigue On
Injuries On
Shooting Type Real Player %
FT Shooting Type Real Player %
Free Throw Difficulty 100

My Controller - Controller Settings:
Automatic Shot Contest - Intense-D
Defensive Assist Strength 100

(Below: where there are two sets of numbers: user / cpu)

Offense
Inside Shot Success 45
Close Shot Success 45
Mid-Range Success 50
3PT Success 47
Layup Success 50
Dunk in Traffic Frequency 50
Dunk in Traffic Success 50
Pass Accuracy 47
Alley-Oop Success 45
Contact Shot Success 45

Defense
Driving Contact Shot Frequency 100
Inside Contact Shot Frequency 100
Layup Defense Strength TAKEOFF 55
Layup Defense Strength RELEASE 55
Jump Shot Defense Strength GATHER 50
Jump Shot Defense Strength RELEASE 50
Help Defense Strength 75
Steal Success 50

Attributes
Quickness 55 / 40
Vertical 50
Strength 55 / 40
Stamina 50
Speed 55 / 40
Durability 50
Hustle 50
Ball Handling 50
Hands 50
Dunking Ability 50
On-Ball Defense 60
Stealing 50 / 45
Blocking 100
Offensive Awareness 50
Defensive Awareness 100
Offensive Rebounding 50
Defensive Rebounding 100
Consistency 25 / 30 (cpu update optional - if cpu shooting %'s are low)
Fatigue Rate 57
Injury Frequency 50
Injury Severity 50

Tendencies
Take Inside Shots 5
Take Close Shots 5
Take Mid-Range Shots 75
Take 3Pt Shots 75
Post Shots 25
Attack the Basket 0
Look for Post Players 35
Throw Alley-Oops 50
Attempt Dunks 25
Attempt Putbacks 50
Play Passing Lanes 35
Go for On-Ball Steals 40
Contest Shots 100
Backdoor Cuts 0

Fouls
Over the Back Foul Frequency 100
Charging Foul Frequency 100
Blocking Foul Frequency 100
Reaching Foul Frequency 100
Shooting Foul Frequency 80
Loose Ball Foul Frequency 100
Old 10-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #69
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
11, if you use 12 there will be way too many fg attempts by both teams.
The scores will be in the 110's or 120's every game.
Not true. I played 12 minutes in my last game,mandate neither team scored over 100 points. Shots were around 88 attempted for both teams.
MLB The Show 20 (PS4)
L.A. Noire (Switch)
Old 10-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #70
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thank you mkharsh33!

Your sliders is the best out of all of them for me, i've tried most of the sliders in the forum and just had my first game with your sliders. LAL vs LAC!

both shot around 43% FGs 30% 3pt, this was the only game I felt like it was a SIM game.

I might have to bump up the passing accuracy due to I was down 2 with 30ish second left, inbound MWP to Nash with no one in front of Nash, the ball went out of bounds to the other side of the court!

and i lost by 3.....but I think your slider is excellent!
Old 10-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #71
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Not true. I played 12 minutes in my last game,mandate neither team scored over 100 points. Shots were around 88 attempted for both teams.
On average 12 minutes will yeild a game with too many points and shot attempts.
I played 2 games with this set on 12 minute quarters and both games i scored over 115 points. There is a reason MK has it set at 11 minutes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #72
Rookie

mundial1345's Arena

OVR: 0

the look really good mkharsh33! I'm excited to try these tonight after work especially after reading how much everyone else loves them. One quick question for instance on inside shot success you have it at just 45 so I should set that to 45 for both user and cpu correct? sorry for the dumb question I just want to make sure I'm doing it right

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »