Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 05-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #817
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Yea, that whole "3rd quarter anomaly" as I like to refer to it is annoying. It seems that it is something 2k has scripted into the game so that one of the teams goes on a run (most likely so that they can do that stupid Sprite segment at the beginning of every 4th quarter, gotta plug those sponsors somehow...). I am trying to fix it (and yes, the consistency slider is the only plausible answer), so hopefully I can alleviate enough of the scripted runs so that the game stays competitive.

Now, as for 3PT shots and the lack of a post presence for both of you, I have to attribute SOME of that to the fact that you are using different rosters. The mixtures of differing player tendencies and coach profiles between separate rosters means that every roster will play a little bit differently on the offensive end (ESPECIALLY when throwing in global slider adjustments to those tendencies), so much of that will have to be tweaked on your end. Luckily enough, it's a simply fix. Just increase whichever tendency you need by 5 clicks, play a game or two, and adjust from there.

JrueToTheGame, you suggest bumping the Mid-Range and 3PT tendencies up into the 70s, but I disagree with that. If you do, not only will ball-handlers take way too many (and unnecessary) pull-up jumpers, but they will also rush shots and take too many contested shots as well. AND, increasing offensive tendencies speeds up the offense, meaning more FG attempts per game, higher scores, more rebounds, etc etc. Obviously, that is not what anyone is looking for, so the answer lies elsewhere.

Just try increasing the tendencies that need it by 5 clicks and test from there. You could also try decreasing the Attack the Basket tendency, but I wouldn't advise it. Decreasing it causes a lot of timidity from the CPU, and aggressive PGs (for example) will refuse to drive the lane when they set up a pick 'n roll/fade.

And finally, don't worry too much here guys. I've made quite a few adjustments from the sliders posted in the OP, and I'm still making a few tweaks here and there. The official release of my slider set should fix most (if not all) of these issues.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:02 PM   #818
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3

I swear DWade and LeBron never pass the rock lol. They never run plays the just go crazy and force a drive or shot

Edit: I know you got some tweaks for us. I'm over here fiending lol

Last edited by G0DZGiFT; 05-28-2013 at 10:50 PM.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:31 PM   #819
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
I swear DWade and LeBron never pass the rock lol. They never run plays the just go crazy and force a drive or shot

Edit: I know you got some tweaks for us. I'm over here fiending lol
That's strange.. Are you using the SiM Collab roster? Whenever I play the Heat, Lebron just destroys me on the drive until I force him to dish it out, and then Battier/Allen/Chalmers/Lewis/Bosh/Miller all kill me on 3s. You just have to protect the paint!
Old 05-28-2013, 11:39 PM   #820
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
That's strange.. Are you using the SiM Collab roster? Whenever I play the Heat, Lebron just destroys me on the drive until I force him to dish it out, and then Battier/Allen/Chalmers/Lewis/Bosh/Miller all kill me on 3s. You just have to protect the paint!
Yeah I'm using the one that said v2
Old 05-28-2013, 11:42 PM   #821
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Yeah I'm using the one that said v2
That's odd then, because I'm getting plenty of ball-movement from the Heat offense (with Lebron taking over periodically like he does IRL). I'll take a look later tonight and see if I can figure something out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2013, 12:01 AM   #822
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
That's odd then, because I'm getting plenty of ball-movement from the Heat offense (with Lebron taking over periodically like he does IRL). I'll take a look later tonight and see if I can figure something out.
Good. I'm over here tryna figure everything possible, I even keep goin to make sure I have the correct sliders in.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:28 AM   #823
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
Good. I'm over here tryna figure everything possible, I even keep goin to make sure I have the correct sliders in.
Dumb question, but did you make sure to LOAD the SiM Collab rosters after you downloaded them? You may be using the 2k Defaults on accident (not likely, but it's all I can think of).
Old 05-29-2013, 12:51 AM   #824
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

Lmfao yeah I did. Maybe it's the tweaks you made. I don't know what else it would be because bron and wade are ridiculous

Edit: did you use the fastbreak edits? Maybe that's why they're always in attack mode ?

Last edited by G0DZGiFT; 05-29-2013 at 09:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »