Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 06-01-2013, 12:36 AM   #857
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

My game.... And idk why the picture is upside down
Old 06-01-2013, 02:47 AM   #858
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by archanax
EccentricMeat !!! Very good job for your sliders with the OS Sim collab rosters !!!

Besides, with PJT05, what do you suggest? the same sliders than for OS Sim Collab or the other sliders?

and in your opinion, which one do you really prefer or use?

thanks for your reply
With ANY roster that is not the OS SiM Collab, I recommend my other slider set.

Overall, I definitely prefer my OS SiM Collab sliders because they're my most up-to-date and in-depth slider set ever. Add on to that the fact that the OS SiM Collab roster is FAR superior to the 2k Default rosters (which my old slider set used to be based on), and it's a no contest.

The updates I posted for the other slider set were simply things I found while testing the OSSC sliders that would carry over to other rosters. I will most likely start working on a PJT slider set sometime next week, but for now the other slider set should do just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKSWEATSHIRT
Does anybody know if sliders affect simulation, because Bill Russell actually got 20 boards!
It has been debated over and over, but the general consensus is that sliders do NOT affect sim stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G0DZGiFT
My game.... And idk why the picture is upside down
Those stats look fantastic, it just seems like you couldn't stop the Heat on the Fastbreak (and likely their dribble penetration as well). Simply increase the USER On-Ball Defense, Defensive Awareness, and/or your Controller Settings "Defensive Assist" value by a few clicks. It will definitely help you out until you adjust to the increased challenge from the AI.

Oh, and the Heat are just a royal pain with these sliders and this roster. Other teams usually offer a varied experience (some games the offense can't get going, some games the defense is lacking, etc.), whereas the Heat are ALWAYS on top of their game. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you're playing an NBA Today game set in the playoffs? Try playing as a different team and see if you get the same challenge.

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 06-01-2013 at 02:52 AM.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:21 AM   #859
Rookie

OVR: 0

I like the new sliders. It's a challenge and the games are often close. You blowout who you should, etc. But it often feels unnaturally close. This, I think, has more to do with the roster than your sliders. For example, Rose doesn't play like Rose. Or Kobe like Kobe. Or Westbrook like Westbrook. I think this is due to changes made in the roster. For example, Rose has 90+ in Simple Drive and mostly 1's and 0's in the rest of his dribble tendencies. So this means he drives directly into the D (and often gets stripped, rarely gets to the rim). His shot variety is also low and so he just pops a shot off with a guy right in his face.

That was something I liked about the TakeThat2k roster was that the stars played in their own styles. They felt like them. The collab one doesn't. It's like they all become generic PG's, SG's, etc. that look like individual NBA players.

What I did was go back and get the tendencies from TakeThat2k's roster and adjust the Collab tendencies (for players who didn't feel like themselves) somewhere in between the two rosters. And this worked. And it didn't seem to effect the closeness of matches. I played a game against the Pacers and their D and rebounding was incredible. But Kobe was going off (just like Kobe) and Rose kept getting to the rim and it was enough to get a 4 point win.

Andrew Bynum was another player who felt off. Noah got 20+ pts and 20+ rebounds on him and Bynum only had like 8 (mostly from the FT line). I'll have to adjust him. I adjusted Westbrook but haven't played him again.

Oh, another thing I noticed was great post players get instantly double-teamed in the paint. For example, Boozer is instantly double-teamed and is only averaging 12 pts and has often scored only a couple baskets a game. As soon as he's double-teamed he passes it. It could be that Jimmy Butler is my SG and the D just don't respect his shooting so feel free to leave him. But they've also done it sometimes with Hinrich at the 2. Hmm.

Also, collisions moving around the court (to set a screen or just take position to start a play) are a constant with these sliders and a pain in the ***. It's also makes it almost impossible to cut as the D never falls for it. I've also never been able to, as someone like Butler or Hinrich, take a C/PF off the dribble. Their D is always superb and make me pull up my dribble. I think, when you first posted your collab sliders, movement was a bit freer and you felt like if you did the right thing, or had a miss match, you could profit. Now it feels like picks & fastbreaks.

The stealing and contest shots are great now, tho. They feel just right. Except layups. Rose rarely gets 'and ones' anymore. And if you're not the best at layups, forget about it. Maybe that needs a tweak?
Old 06-01-2013, 03:47 PM   #860
Rookie

chino22's Arena

OVR: 4

I played a game with the 4.2 sliders using a historic roster. I had the 85 Sixers against the 87 Sonics. My team was rated about 12 points higher and I won by about 15 points. That felt right to me. A lot of slider sets seek to make the game competitive at any cost no matter what the matchup is. This set felt like it was playing out realistically. I am going to play a game with evenly matched teams and see how that feels...
Old 06-02-2013, 02:13 AM   #861
Rookie

Using the old slider set with PJT's roster and was playing Spurs-Warriors. I dribbled up with Manu, got to the three point line, and the defender is playing five feet off me! I was able to just run to the line and pop threes all day. What should I change to make it so they play tighter D on the perimeter?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2013, 03:25 AM   #862
Rookie

Eccentric, what about a slider set for Rondo's roster ?
Old 06-02-2013, 04:52 AM   #863
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddMoss
That'd be sweet!
Old 06-02-2013, 05:48 AM   #864
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by killingyouguy
Spoiler
Interesting... I never knew that! Care to maybe talk to the guys at the OS SiM Collab about your findings/solutions with stars playing like themselves? I'm sure if you word it correctly, they'd be more than interested in listening to what you have to say!

As for the "instand-double team" in the post, I've noticed this too. It either has to do with the Coach Profiles, or the "Help Defense" Defense slider. Try setting that to 95 or 90 and see if the D lets you work more in the post before bringing a double team.

And finally, the "and-ones" are another issue I'm still looking into. As I stated a while back, the update I posted is NOT my final version of these sliders, but rather a filler-version so that I didn't leave the community in the dark for too long.

And-ones are very tricky, because if you set Contact Shot Success too high, every shot in the paint goes in and you get too many and-ones. But if you even go down 1 or 2 clicks, then NO shots go in. I'm trying to find the perfect balance here, but it is very tricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgsiegel
Using the old slider set with PJT's roster and was playing Spurs-Warriors. I dribbled up with Manu, got to the three point line, and the defender is playing five feet off me! I was able to just run to the line and pop threes all day. What should I change to make it so they play tighter D on the perimeter?
Yeah, I'm not sure if I updated that aspect of my old slider set yet. But basically, the fix is to set On Ball Defense and/or Defensive Awareness up near 70-75 (you could also try mirroring those values from the OS SiM Collab sliders). The problem with that is, it tends to make driving the lane a little too difficult. Just experiment with those two sliders until you find what you're looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiddMoss
I think I heard that my old sliders (which I will be adapting to focus around PJT's roster) are compatible with his roster, so once that comes out you should be good to go!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »