Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 09-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #961
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

OVR: 3
I was just playing the Lakers and Kobe shot like 5 of 7 team shots in the first few minutes lmaoo. Now we know he's bad but sheesh.
-------------------------------------------------------
Latest game
User/CPU

Last edited by G0DZGiFT; 09-30-2013 at 08:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2013, 09:49 PM   #962
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

are we gonna see a slider set for nba 2k14?
Old 10-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #963
Rookie

Biggielee00's Arena

If im using Beds LATEST roster for PS3, which of these sliders should i use?
Old 10-11-2013, 07:33 AM   #964
Rookie

From what I read in your previous replies buried far behind, I think you have a huge misunderstanding of how Consistency works. Consistency meshes with a player's shooting abilities to give a player certain level a shooting performance.

From a user standpoint, with a decent shooting (say 70 mid range), at low consistency you'll never hit the mid range shot if you don't time it right, and at high consistency you'll still have a decent chance of hitting if you don't time it right. It erases your mistake of poor timing.

From a NPC standpoint, NPC will hit shots (even tough shots) at a much higher clip generally. Good shots, bad shots, tough shots, he has a good chance of hitting them if he has a high consistency. That's why AI controlled Carmelo and Kobe will forever shoot better than they do in real life because they have been given an inappropriate consistency in addition to their shooting abilities (that I have argued somewhere else that the coder/quantifier didn't know how consistency works in NBA2K; Yes, miscommunication like that does happen).

From a general perspective, you could think of consistency as the ability of a player to knock down the 50-50 balls and get things to go. Nick Young, Jordan Crawford, Brandon Jennings, JR Smith, and Michael Beasley(!) might be thought of as being good shooters theoretically, but in fact, in actuality, they NEVER really shot well. They always seem to have a way of missing "makeable" shots, always fumbling and not actually putting the ball through the hoop. They can be thought of as players having low consistency. Really low.

Players like Tony Parker, LeBron, Nowitzki, David West, Kyrie, Durant, and Steve Nash, always has a way of knocking down all types of shots, open shots, good shots, tough shots, things just go down a lot more for these guys. The ability to hit more the 50-50 balls/shots that could have gone either way and thus have decent to good games every night, is consistency. You can think of it this way.

Now the fact you said consistency 0 means players get cold/hot more easily, that 100 means they never really get cold/hot and thus play true to their attributes(?) is just wholly conceptually wrong. High consistency must have caused everyone to hit basically every shot, and to counteract that the defense must have been rammed up big time to make all players pounce like Scottie Pippen to reduce FG%.

Often times people are conceptually wrong in their changes in sliders posted here. That's what forced me to make my own. I just thought that if you give people sliders set that is significantly off, it could seriously mess up people's game.

Last edited by bbrump; 10-11-2013 at 07:43 AM.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:26 AM   #965
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" All-Star Slider Set

Am I the only one who sees a lack of plays being ran and also the PG sprinting down court after a miss with offensive awareness at 50?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2013, 06:44 PM   #966
Banned

I'm playing NBA 2k13 in PS3. What sliders should i use? OS SiM Collab Roster: SwaGGed OUT - Slider Set *BETA* or *Other Rosters* - Latest Update: May 30th - Version 4.2
Old 06-09-2014, 01:49 PM   #967
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Hmm.. I've been thinking about coming back to 2k13 and/or possibly getting 2k14 (next-gen).

Seeing as I've been out of the community for a while (which I am very sorry for, might I add), I'm not sure what the interest level is for such a return.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:04 PM   #968
MVP

G0DZGiFT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Hmm.. I've been thinking about coming back to 2k13 and/or possibly getting 2k14 (next-gen).

Seeing as I've been out of the community for a while (which I am very sorry for, might I add), I'm not sure what the interest level is for such a return.

Man I been waiting for you for a minute. Welcome back. On which console do you plan on working and is it gonna be 2k13 or 14?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »