Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2012, 02:26 PM   #105
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
On 2K default roster, I played a game against 76ers. (CPU)
This is my observation of How CPU played against me.

Richardson shot 8/16 FG in today's game. He went 5/11 from 3-point line. Personally, I liked this because whenever I left him open, he didn't hesitate to pull the trigger. Why should he stop? He was having a pretty nice shooting game. But I also agree, his 3-point tendency can be toned down a little.

Same thing for Nick Young... He couldn't be left open. (11/18 shooting and 3/8 from 3-point line)
Overall, I like the challenge and this type of AI behaviour forces me to adjust my defence. Too bad I wasn't very successful. :P

Only problem I noticed was Bynum not doing enough post moves. He did some post moves but I wasn't satisfied with his effort. He shot 4/14 FG and 14 rebounds. A lot of his attempts were shooting from high post (fade away) or trying to collect 2nd chance points after offensive rebounds. I didn't like his fade aways but his 2nd point effort was really nice to watch. However, I will be extremely happy, if he got fed 4~5 times more in the post.

By the way, I checked touch tendencies out of curiosity. Nick Young was in 90ish while Bynum was only 3rd or 4th highest in the team. This agrees with CPU's box score in terms of shot attempts. I'm going to edit touch tendencies for N.Young and Bynum to observe more.
I've noticed this with alot of big men on the game. The problem that I've found is -
1. - 2K did not set alot of low post plays for the bigmen in the teams playbooks for some crazy reason this year. I've had to go through and lower the amount of pick and roll plays (very high amount for each team) and increase alot of low post plays so the big men will get the ball.
2. Looking through some of the Center's and PF's tendencies, 2K has there low post shots tendency set really low? I don't know why 2K did this but I'm betting it will help with this.

I'm really begging to believe alot of the problems we are seeing this year from the gameplay is not the game itself, but the rosters that 2K-2KInsider is putting out. He doesn't have players tendencies, team's playbooks or coaching profiles very accurate at all. I remember Vanwolf said that 2K slacked on playbooks again this year even though he pinpointed things to them about the problems of 2K12 playbooks, well its carried over into 2K13.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2012, 03:44 PM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 2

I had to solve this mystery. What's going on with today's big men in this game?

So I played a game 97 Lakers (CPU) vs. 97 Spurs (Me). I used the Eccentric slider + run play 0 and fast break adjustments. The twin towers vs. Shaq & Kobe battle was what I expected. Here is the box score for the lakers (CPU):

Kobe: 32 pts (14/30), 7 Reb, 5 Ast
Shaq: 22 pts (11/21), 9 Reb
E. Jones: 19 pts (9/22), 5 Reb, 3 Ast
Campbell:12 pts (4/8), 3 Reb
Horry: 7 pts (3/5), 7 Reb, 1 Ast

Yeeeees!!!!! Shaq was being fed down the post at least 3-4 times each quarter. I loved it! Plus the bonus was Young Kobe shot 30 times!!! Very aggressive and selfish!

After the game, I reviewed all classic teams that had great centers. Ewing's Knicks, Hakim's Rockets, Shaq's Magic and Lakers... I found out that they all have 'Look for Post Players" set to 75 in coach profile.

The current 76ers had this value set to 41. Haha so I went and changed it to 75 and played a game. OMG. What a game! Bynum shot 25 times. Each quarter he was posting up 5 times or so. Players were actually looking for Bynum instead of Richardson and Nick Young jacking up 3s! They still had 2nd and 3rd highest FG attempts but it was fine.

Damn you 2K insider! YES my obssesion with Bynum is now over! I can play against other teams finally!

Last edited by achieveduser; 11-06-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 04:56 PM   #107
Rookie

OVR: 0

this is fantastic sliders, now i can play the association mode, thanks
Old 11-06-2012, 04:58 PM   #108
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
I had to solve this mystery. What's going on with today's big men in this game?

So I played a game 97 Lakers (CPU) vs. 97 Spurs (Me). I used the Eccentric slider + run play 0 and fast break adjustments. The twin towers vs. Shaq & Kobe battle was what I expected. Here is the box score for the lakers (CPU):

Kobe: 32 pts (14/30), 7 Reb, 5 Ast
Shaq: 22 pts (11/21), 9 Reb
E. Jones: 19 pts (9/22), 5 Reb, 3 Ast
Campbell:12 pts (4/8), 3 Reb
Horry: 7 pts (3/5), 7 Reb, 1 Ast

Yeeeees!!!!! Shaq was being fed down the post at least 3-4 times each quarter. I loved it! Plus the bonus was Young Kobe shot 30 times!!! Very aggressive and selfish!

After the game, I reviewed all classic teams that had great centers. Ewing's Knicks, Hakim's Rockets, Shaq's Magic and Lakers... I found out that they all have 'Look for Post Players" set to 75 in coach profile.

The current 76ers had this value set to 41. Haha so I went and changed it to 75 and played a game. OMG. What a game! Bynum shot 25 times. Each quarter he was posting up 5 times or so. Players were actually looking for Bynum instead of Richardson and Nick Young jacking up 3s! They still had 2nd and 3rd highest FG attempts but it was fine.

Damn you 2K insider! YES my obssesion with Bynum is now over! I can play against other teams finally!
Nice work!

I've been thinking about coming up with a scale for "Look for Post Players" like I did for the Fastbreak slider in the Coach Profiles, and what you've found makes it seem like I may need to. Damn you, 2k Insider!

This should be annoying...
Old 11-06-2012, 11:00 PM   #109
Rookie

RIP GUTT CAPONE's Arena

OVR: 8

Nice find. Bout to try it, thanks

Loving 2k15,
Kinda hating Destiny
Hate NBA live 14
Old 11-07-2012, 12:06 AM   #110
Rookie

Where do you change player speed only see game speed in game options
Old 11-07-2012, 12:38 AM   #111
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyknicks87
Where do you change player speed only see game speed in game options
As I said in the OP, that option is only in Association mode. That is why the Attributes for Quickness and Speed have different values in Association mode than they do in the default slider set.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 02:16 AM   #112
Rookie

AKain's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
As I said in the OP, that option is only in Association mode. That is why the Attributes for Quickness and Speed have different values in Association mode than they do in the default slider set.
The sliders are great and play a realistic game if you think that means less than ten thousand per game...I love them...very sim...

Eccentric, have you looked at doing something with coaching profile settings for "look for post player" like you did for fast break on coaching profiles? Like a scaled number per team...?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »