Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 11-07-2012, 06:27 AM   #113
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

i only played one game with these sliders so far but in that game i found it way too easy to score and make shots. also, your fatigue rate is way too high. i almost had to play my bench more than my starters. overall, i liked the feel of the gameplay though. ill give it a couple more games.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:39 AM   #114
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hi everyone.

I've tested most of the sliders on OS but i had to tweak them everytime (due to sliders, rosters, update...)

Since a couple of days I've found pretty good results with these.

Offense
Inside Shot Success - 33/38
Close Shot Success - 36/41
Mid-Range Success - 48/53
3PT Success - 46/51
Layup Success - 44/46
Dunk In Traffic Frequency - 35
Dunk In Traffic Success - 50
Pass Accuracy - 48/42
Alley-Oop Success - 46
Contact Shot Success - 40/41

Defense
Driving Contact Shot Frequency - 100
Inside Contact Shot Frequency - 100
Layup Defense Strength TAKEOFF - 55/60
Layup Defense Strength RELEASE - 55/60
Jump Shot Defense Strength GATHER - 50/55
Jump Shot Defense Strength RELEASE - 50/55
Help Defense Strength - 75
Steal Success - 50

Attributes
Quickness - 45/40
Vertical - 50
Strength - 50
Stamina - 50
Speed - 45/40
Durability - 40
Hustle - 75/25
Ball Handling - 45
Hands - 45
Dunking Ability - 45
On-Ball Defense - 50
Stealing - 55/50
Blocking - 100
Offensive Awareness - 50/80
Defensive Awareness - 100
Offensive Rebounding - 60/45
Defensive Rebounding - 100/90
Consistency - 0/75
Fatigue Rate - 57
Injury Frequency - 45
Injury Severity - 40

Tendencies *Only for CPU*
Take Inside Shots - 25
Take Close Shots - 25
Take Mid-Range Shots - 47
Take 3Pt Shots - 50
Post Shots - 75
Attack the Basket - 20
Look for Post Players - 100
Throw Alley-Oops - 50
Attempt Dunks - 50
Attempt Putbacks - 50
Play Passing Lanes: 40
Go For On-Ball Steals: 50
Contest Shots: 95
Backdoor Cuts - 5

Fouls
Over the Back Foul Frequency 100
Charging Foul Frequency 100
Blocking Foul Frequency 100
Reaching Foul Frequency 100
Shooting Foul Frequency 100
Loose Ball Foul Frequency 100

I think you nail it with the tendencies, AND i di the coach profiles modifications (run play 0 + fastbreak) + ton down attack the basket by 5 and up look for post players 5. (I want more of post plays)

I play on PS3 with Bertuko roster.

And by the way I'm french, and it's my firts post so excuse my mistakes
Old 11-07-2012, 09:53 AM   #115
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
I had to solve this mystery. What's going on with today's big men in this game?

So I played a game 97 Lakers (CPU) vs. 97 Spurs (Me). I used the Eccentric slider + run play 0 and fast break adjustments. The twin towers vs. Shaq & Kobe battle was what I expected. Here is the box score for the lakers (CPU):

Kobe: 32 pts (14/30), 7 Reb, 5 Ast
Shaq: 22 pts (11/21), 9 Reb
E. Jones: 19 pts (9/22), 5 Reb, 3 Ast
Campbell:12 pts (4/8), 3 Reb
Horry: 7 pts (3/5), 7 Reb, 1 Ast

Yeeeees!!!!! Shaq was being fed down the post at least 3-4 times each quarter. I loved it! Plus the bonus was Young Kobe shot 30 times!!! Very aggressive and selfish!

After the game, I reviewed all classic teams that had great centers. Ewing's Knicks, Hakim's Rockets, Shaq's Magic and Lakers... I found out that they all have 'Look for Post Players" set to 75 in coach profile.

The current 76ers had this value set to 41. Haha so I went and changed it to 75 and played a game. OMG. What a game! Bynum shot 25 times. Each quarter he was posting up 5 times or so. Players were actually looking for Bynum instead of Richardson and Nick Young jacking up 3s! They still had 2nd and 3rd highest FG attempts but it was fine.

Damn you 2K insider! YES my obssesion with Bynum is now over! I can play against other teams finally!
Its crazy that 2Ksports is letting the 2KInsider ruin this game with his roster updates. Thousands of people have this game and are probably wondering why the teams aren't playing like they should, and don't probably realize what the insider has done to the playbooks, team/player tendencies. 2K should not let the Insider release the roster updates in Aerobics Cube version, for us to fix and figure out how the game should be played. I've tweeted to Ronnie and the 2KInsider about how the teams aren't running plays enough and how the big men aren't getting feed the ball, and how the teams tendencies and playbooks need to be updated, do you think either of them responded back..........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 0

And I play on Superstar.
Game speed 55
User timing for shots and FT
FT difficulty 75
Old 11-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #117
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Nice work!

I've been thinking about coming up with a scale for "Look for Post Players" like I did for the Fastbreak slider in the Coach Profiles, and what you've found makes it seem like I may need to. Damn you, 2k Insider!

This should be annoying...
Thank you EccentricMeat. If you decide to do that, I believe it will greatly improve the game for many people like me. I'm very confident with your slider work up to date so I have complete faith in you.

Even after this, some folks are still going to require vannwolf's playbooks edits & adjustments to individual player tendencies for more fine tuning but that will be somebody else's contribution in the future.

For me, default roster with systematic slider edits will be just fine.

Again, if you decide to release coach profile edits, I will be more than happy to test them out for you as many people in here would.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #118
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hello EM, since I am kind of testing the "injury sliders" of this game.. can I ask why you changed the durability from 1 to 50? Does that make any difference at all? I'm finding the right injury sliders.. so that during simulated games, I'm hoping that theres not too much injuries around the league. I've tried 60 injury frequency 50 durability and 50 injury severity, and in just playing 3 games, star players like CP3, Bosh and Wade are already injured. I'm the Hornets and one of the main guys in the team, Eric Gordon, is injured as well in just three games into my season.

Most of the injuries I've seen are like 2-4 weeks. Some even months.

Does your injury sliders just give the "right" amount of injuries in the league, especially for simulated games?

Last edited by free24ride1; 11-07-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #119
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLRams
Its crazy that 2Ksports is letting the 2KInsider ruin this game with his roster updates. Thousands of people have this game and are probably wondering why the teams aren't playing like they should, and don't probably realize what the insider has done to the playbooks, team/player tendencies. 2K should not let the Insider release the roster updates in Aerobics Cube version, for us to fix and figure out how the game should be played. I've tweeted to Ronnie and the 2KInsider about how the teams aren't running plays enough and how the big men aren't getting feed the ball, and how the teams tendencies and playbooks need to be updated, do you think either of them responded back..........
Dude, I hear you. I'm not some super NBA fan so I don't know all the players in the league... but even I have fairly good expectation of how some stars should play in this game. I guess this 2K insider guy and many of us have very different view on things.

It's going to be a very long time before community put together a solid playbooks, individual player team and player edits and so on... that's why I even more appreciate Eccentric Meat's diligent work on sliders as well as his discoveries on coach profile edits to make game better as much as possible with lacking 2K insider's roster.

Also I'm just glad EM doesn't get annoyed with people like us talking about something other than his slider in his thread. It's definitely a positive thing that EM takes other people's consideration with value ... something we don't see in OS often any more.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #120
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLGYL
Hi everyone.

I've tested most of the sliders on OS but i had to tweak them everytime (due to sliders, rosters, update...)

Since a couple of days I've found pretty good results with these.

Offense
Inside Shot Success - 33/38
Close Shot Success - 36/41
Mid-Range Success - 48/53
3PT Success - 46/51
Layup Success - 44/46
Dunk In Traffic Frequency - 35
Dunk In Traffic Success - 50
Pass Accuracy - 48/42
Alley-Oop Success - 46
Contact Shot Success - 40/41

Defense
Driving Contact Shot Frequency - 100
Inside Contact Shot Frequency - 100
Layup Defense Strength TAKEOFF - 55/60
Layup Defense Strength RELEASE - 55/60
Jump Shot Defense Strength GATHER - 50/55
Jump Shot Defense Strength RELEASE - 50/55
Help Defense Strength - 75
Steal Success - 50

Attributes
Quickness - 45/40
Vertical - 50
Strength - 50
Stamina - 50
Speed - 45/40
Durability - 40
Hustle - 75/25
Ball Handling - 45
Hands - 45
Dunking Ability - 45
On-Ball Defense - 50
Stealing - 55/50
Blocking - 100
Offensive Awareness - 50/80
Defensive Awareness - 100
Offensive Rebounding - 60/45
Defensive Rebounding - 100/90
Consistency - 0/75
Fatigue Rate - 57
Injury Frequency - 45
Injury Severity - 40

Tendencies *Only for CPU*
Take Inside Shots - 25
Take Close Shots - 25
Take Mid-Range Shots - 47
Take 3Pt Shots - 50
Post Shots - 75
Attack the Basket - 20
Look for Post Players - 100
Throw Alley-Oops - 50
Attempt Dunks - 50
Attempt Putbacks - 50
Play Passing Lanes: 40
Go For On-Ball Steals: 50
Contest Shots: 95
Backdoor Cuts - 5

Fouls
Over the Back Foul Frequency 100
Charging Foul Frequency 100
Blocking Foul Frequency 100
Reaching Foul Frequency 100
Shooting Foul Frequency 100
Loose Ball Foul Frequency 100

I think you nail it with the tendencies, AND i di the coach profiles modifications (run play 0 + fastbreak) + ton down attack the basket by 5 and up look for post players 5. (I want more of post plays)

I play on PS3 with Bertuko roster.

And by the way I'm french, and it's my firts post so excuse my mistakes
start your own thread. please dont post your sliders in this guys thread. its considered rude.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »