Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #121
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
start your own thread. please dont post your sliders in this guys thread. its considered rude.

It was simply because most of them are from Eccentric.
Just try to give him some feedback with the little tweaks I've made.

I STILL see some issues that'll (may)be correct with patch, especially defense in the paint (lack of contact, that's why a lowered the inside/close shot success, but i find up and under are still too easy) , and transition defense... the AI is just dumb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 01:30 PM   #122
Banned

Smile Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

Eccentric nice thread, but i have played against the computer with teams that have a fast break slider under 40 and they dont run that many fast breaks, where as the 85/86 lakers at 100 go nuts lol
Old 11-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #123
Rookie

OVR: 2

Played a game today Nets (Me) vs. OKC (CPU).

EM's slider with run play @ 0 and fast break adj. I used default roster.

Nets (Me) vs OKC (CPU)
114 FINAL SCORE 110

39/93 (41%) FG 43/92 (46%)
9/28 (32%) 3-Pointers 2/5 (37%)
27/31 (87%) FT 14/20 (70%)
8 Fast Break 8
40 Points in the Paint 46
21 Assists 24
15 Offensive Reb 12
39 Defensive Reb 36
3 Steals 6
4 Blocks 7
6 Turnovers 5
15 Team Fouls 18

Really amazing CPU box score:

K. Durant: 37 pts (15/29), 6 reb, 3 ast
Westbrook: 16 pts (7/21), 4 reb, 9 ast
K. Martin: 16 pts (6/14), 5 reb
S. Ibaka: 14 pts (6/8), 4 reb, 1 ast
K. Perkins: 12 pts (4/7), 12 reb, 3 ast

I got the win because of high FT attempts and I made most of them. I noticed I get to the FT line more than CPU in most games. I don't think the FT% is the issue because I do have bad FT shooting night sometimes. What concerns me is the number of times I get to the line.

But it's not like CPU gets in foul trouble all the time... I do like number of fouls they get... hmmmm What can be done?
Old 11-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #124
Banned

just curious what would happen if run plays were at 100? im guessing it would make the ai sluggish and confused lol
Old 11-07-2012, 04:36 PM   #125
Rookie

Played another game today Clippers (Me) vs. Blazers (CPU). The game played out really nicely but I'm still getting to the foul line more frequently than the CPU does. 24 times vs 17 times...

I guess I will raise human foul sliders to make it bit more challenging.

Anyway here is very interesting boxscore from the CPU

L. Aldridge: 29 pts (12/16), 12 reb, 8 ast
D. Lillard: 26 pts (11/23), 1 reb, 2 ast
N. Batum: 14 pts (4/9), 5 reb, 3 ast
J.J. Hickson: 12 pts (6/8), 10 reb, 1 ast
W. Mathews: 9 pts (3/11), 5 reb, 8 ast

Aldridge had almost a triple double night. Good game for him! It was nice to watch him posting up high then face the basket to finish with jumpers. Saw few nice dunk finishes as well. No alley oop finishes though... Lillard was busy scoring by himself. LOL

I didn't do any thing to the coaching slider other than fastbreak and runplay at 0. I can't believe how nice this played out still.

So I'm starting to think maybe I wasted so much time with 76ers... in fact, wasted so much time wondering why wasn't Bynum being utilized by the CPU. It could be that when 2K insider added Bynum to 76ers, he didn't bother changing coaching slider for 76ers!!? Very suspicious and I kinda hope this is true. This way we have one really bad coach profile and the rest might be actually OK as long as you play with EM's slider set.

Tomorrow I will play against Jazz, Timberwolves, and Kings... then check out the field goal attempts by Jefferson, Kevin Love, and Cousins. If they all shoot around 16 ~20 times, I don't even think EM has to do any work for "Look for Post Players" sliders in coach profile.

I will post updates tomorrow!

Last edited by achieveduser; 11-07-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #126
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKain
The sliders are great and play a realistic game if you think that means less than ten thousand per game...I love them...very sim...

Eccentric, have you looked at doing something with coaching profile settings for "look for post player" like you did for fast break on coaching profiles? Like a scaled number per team...?
I have been thinking about it, but after doing some looking I think only a few teams' Coach Profile needs edited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetoleetd
i only played one game with these sliders so far but in that game i found it way too easy to score and make shots. also, your fatigue rate is way too high. i almost had to play my bench more than my starters. overall, i liked the feel of the gameplay though. ill give it a couple more games.
For some reason, that Fatigue problem hits at random times. I've only played one game where the fatigue was a nuisance, but every other game (with the same exact settings, mind you) has been perfect.

Try another game and tell me if you see a difference in the effect Fatigue has on the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achieveduser
Thank you EccentricMeat. If you decide to do that, I believe it will greatly improve the game for many people like me. I'm very confident with your slider work up to date so I have complete faith in you.

Even after this, some folks are still going to require vannwolf's playbooks edits & adjustments to individual player tendencies for more fine tuning but that will be somebody else's contribution in the future.

For me, default roster with systematic slider edits will be just fine.

Again, if you decide to release coach profile edits, I will be more than happy to test them out for you as many people in here would.
Thanks for the support, man.

I'm still looking in to a few things, but the mass-edits I don't think will be necessary. It just seems like the 2kInsider overlooked a few teams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by free24ride1
Hello EM, since I am kind of testing the "injury sliders" of this game.. can I ask why you changed the durability from 1 to 50? Does that make any difference at all? I'm finding the right injury sliders.. so that during simulated games, I'm hoping that theres not too much injuries around the league. I've tried 60 injury frequency 50 durability and 50 injury severity, and in just playing 3 games, star players like CP3, Bosh and Wade are already injured. I'm the Hornets and one of the main guys in the team, Eric Gordon, is injured as well in just three games into my season.

Most of the injuries I've seen are like 2-4 weeks. Some even months.

Does your injury sliders just give the "right" amount of injuries in the league, especially for simulated games?
No, I completely gave up on testing the injury sliders. I raised Durability to 50 because setting it to 1 was supposed to have an effect on in-game injuries, but it did not. So I raised it back up to 50 in hopes that it would lower simulated injuries.

With my settings of Injury Frequency at 45 and Injury Severity at 5, I'm seeing a realistic amount of injuries, and only a very few players have long-term injuries.

By all means, continue testing the injury sliders to see if you can create in-game injuries while also lowering simulated injuries. But I'm here to tell you that it may be a lost cause. 2k needs to patch this.

Quote:

It's going to be a very long time before community put together a solid playbooks, individual player team and player edits and so on... that's why I even more appreciate Eccentric Meat's diligent work on sliders as well as his discoveries on coach profile edits to make game better as much as possible with lacking 2K insider's roster.

Also I'm just glad EM doesn't get annoyed with people like us talking about something other than his slider in his thread. It's definitely a positive thing that EM takes other people's consideration with value ... something we don't see in OS often any more.
It's not problem at all. I like that everyone feels open and willing to share their experiences with these problems, and that they raise any and all concerns they have with the gameplay provided.

It makes my job a lot easier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj68
just curious what would happen if run plays were at 100? im guessing it would make the ai sluggish and confused lol
It doesn't make the AI sluggish, but they are DEFINITELY confused! At 100, they hardly ever run plays, and you end up with having one player dominate the ball and usually force his way to the basket while the rest of the team moves around erratically.

It's ugly and painful to watch/play against.

Quote:
Played another game today Clippers (Me) vs. Blazers (CPU). The game played out really nicely but I'm still getting to the foul line more frequently than the CPU does. 24 times vs 17 times...

I guess I will raise human foul sliders to make it bit more challenging.

Anyway here is very interesting boxscore from the CPU

L. Aldridge: 29 pts (12/16), 12 reb, 8 ast
D. Lillard: 26 pts (11/23), 1 reb, 2 ast
N. Batum: 14 pts (4/9), 5 reb, 3 ast
J.J. Hickson: 12 pts (6/8), 10 reb, 1 ast
W. Mathews: 9 pts (3/11), 5 reb, 8 ast

Aldridge had almost a triple double night. Good game for him! It was nice to watch him posting up high then face the basket to finish with jumpers. Saw few nice dunk finishes as well. No alley oop finishes though... Lillard was busy scoring by himself. LOL

I didn't do any thing to the coaching slider other than fastbreak and runplay at 0. I can't believe how nice this played out still.

So I'm starting to think maybe I wasted so much time with 76ers... in fact, wasted so much time wondering why wasn't Bynum being utilized by the CPU. It could be that when 2K insider added Bynum to 76ers, he didn't bother changing coaching slider for 76ers!!? Very suspicious and I kinda hope this is true. This way we have one really bad coach profile and the rest might be actually OK as long as you play with EM's slider set.

Tomorrow I will play against Jazz, Timberwolves, and Kings... then check out the field goal attempts by Jefferson, Kevin Love, and Cousins. If they are all shoot around 16 times, I don't even think EM has to do any work for "Look for Post Players" sliders in coach profile.

I will post updates tomorrow!
Your foul problems are probably a product of your style of play. If you play aggressively, chances are you're going to get more trips to the stripe than your opponent.

However, if you feel like you are getting too many "bail-out" calls from the refs that send you to the free throw line, try lowering the Shooting Fouls slider a few notches.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #127
Rookie

OK I will try adjusting shooting foul slider. Thanks for your input.

Yeah I think it's only few teams that need coach profile adjustments. One team I hope you will take a look at is 76ers.

I hope this team will be centered around Andrew Bynum. Well, at least that's what a lot of people are expecting... will he be great? That's another story!

If you can get to it, that's great... otherwise, I'm ready to start my association with your set up. Thanks!
Old 11-07-2012, 05:55 PM   #128
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
OK I will try adjusting shooting foul slider. Thanks for your input.

Yeah I think it's only few teams that need coach profile adjustments. One team I hope you will take a look at is 76ers.

I hope this team will be centered around Andrew Bynum. Well, at least that's what a lot of people are expecting... will he be great? That's another story!

If you can get to it, that's great... otherwise, I'm ready to start my association with your set up. Thanks!
I think your finding of setting Look for Post Players to 75 would be appropriate. Give that a try and see what results you get!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »