Home

NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

This is a discussion on NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set within the NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #137
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

ecc how come you prefer shot stick timing over real %? even with real % timing does factor into it, you know that right, but if you are shooting with someone like jordan your chances are much better, with timing all players are the same, its based on how you release it, i use the square button to shoot anyone, i hate shooting with the sticks, i use those for dribbling only
Old 11-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #138
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj68
ecc how come you prefer shot stick timing over real %? even with real % timing does factor into it, you know that right, but if you are shooting with someone like jordan your chances are much better, with timing all players are the same, its based on how you release it, i use the square button to shoot anyone, i hate shooting with the sticks, i use those for dribbling only
Real % does not factor in timing at all, actually. It simply uses the ratings and decides if the shot should go in or not.

I prefer User Timing because it takes into account not only the players' ratings, but also the users ability to time the release of the jumpshot. This combination makes the user feel much more in control.

As to your comments on fastbreaks "not being an issue", I whole-heartedly disagree. Yes, teams are supposed to push the ball up-court after a defensive rebound, but at default almost every team relentlessly pushes the ball up court and takes the first shot possible, even if the ball-handler is completely covered and the shot is a terrible one.

You have to lower the Fastbreak sliders in order for the CPU to only push the ball up-court and to take the first shot available when it makes sense to do so.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:40 PM   #139
Banned

Smile Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

well i dont use the stick to shoot, its not fluid and its lame imo, so you are saying with shot stick timing on ( i use the square button to shoot) it does account for percentages also for each other player? i dont think it does that, i think it only goes by timing that is why i hate using it, you could be shooting with larry bird on timing and have a 25% field goal shooting night simply based on timing which is lame, now if you are saying it includes percentages as well i may change that, as far as fast breaks i dont agree i have watched over 12 games com vs com, with teams that have a fast break slider on coach profiles under 40 they hardly ever fast break, but keep in mine i always play on pro level because that to me is the best way and most accurate game play i have found so far, hof and superstar are awful
Old 11-08-2012, 11:44 PM   #140
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
well i dont use the stick to shoot, its not fluid and its lame imo, so you are saying with shot stick timing on ( i use the square button to shoot) it does account for percentages also for each other player? i dont think it does that, i think it only goes by timing that is why i hate using it, you could be shooting with larry bird on timing and have a 25% field goal shooting night simply based on timing which is lame, now if you are saying it includes percentages as well i may change that, as far as fast breaks i dont agree i have watched over 12 games com vs com, with teams that have a fast break slider on coach profiles under 40 they hardly ever fast break, but keep in mine i always play on pro level because that to me is the best way and most accurate game play i have found so far, hof and superstar are awful
I have no idea about how the game plays on Pro, but on All-Star I can tell you that the fastbreak is definitely an issue.

And no, User Timing is not solely reliant on how well you time the shot. If you shoot a 3 with Dwight Howard for example, and you time it perfectly, you will still miss it every single time. If you shoot a 3 with Larry Bird and you don't time it perfectly, chances are it will still go in if you're open. Ratings and timing are both taken into account with User Timing, while only rating is taken into account with Real %.

Also, sometimes shooters have off nights. So the fact that the User can be responsible for an off-game is fitting and realistic, IMO.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:56 PM   #141
Banned

Smile Re: NBA 2k13 "The Eccentric Edition" - All-Star Slider Set

ok cool! i will change it and let you know my thoughts to shot stick timing, the only reason i never used it, was because i did not think it took into account % as well, thx ecc, and for me personally fast break is not an issue, i like how all teams play different, if i am playing against the 85 lakers they will run it every time on fast break just like they did in 85 that is how they played, im 44 so i know how teams played in the 80's and then like the 95 knicks hardly ever fast break also keep in mind something you might want to look into, that will also help, under coach profiles if you are playing with a team that has a high number for crashing boards, the defense AI will take advantage of that, one thing i have noticed with a lot of people on here, they do not take into account each teams separate slider sets under coach profiles, it makes a huge difference depending on what team you are using, try playing against the 85 lakers, then play against the 97/98 utah jazz, and you will see a totally different coaching philosophy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2012, 12:15 AM   #142
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
ok cool! i will change it and let you know my thoughts to shot stick timing, the only reason i never used it, was because i did not think it took into account % as well, thx ecc, and for me personally fast break is not an issue, i like how all teams play different, if i am playing against the 85 lakers they will run it every time on fast break just like they did in 85 that is how they played, im 44 so i know how teams played in the 80's and then like the 95 knicks hardly ever fast break also keep in mind something you might want to look into, that will also help, under coach profiles if you are playing with a team that has a high number for crashing boards, the defense AI will take advantage of that, one thing i have noticed with a lot of people on here, they do not take into account each teams separate slider sets under coach profiles, it makes a huge difference depending on what team you are using, try playing against the 85 lakers, then play against the 97/98 utah jazz, and you will see a totally different coaching philosophy
I know. The problem with the fastbreak isn't that the CPU is pushing the ball up-court after every rebound. The problem is that the CPU almost never pulls back if the defense gets set and is hell-bent on forcing their way to the basket and jacking up a terrible shot.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:25 AM   #143
Banned

i hear ya, but i have not had an issue with fast breaks really but to be honest most of my testing is done watching com vs com, so i might need to play more, nba 2k is one of the few sports games that is actually just as fun watching as playing
Old 11-09-2012, 12:31 AM   #144
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

Quote:
i hear ya, but i have not had an issue with fast breaks really but to be honest most of my testing is done watching com vs com, so i might need to play more, nba 2k is one of the few sports games that is actually just as fun watching as playing
As I said, this problem may not exist on Pro as it does on All-Star and above. I've noticed that the higher the difficulty level, the more aggressive the CPU is at attacking the basket.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen > NBA 2K Last Gen Sliders »